Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think about Soukyuu No Fafner? - Minitokyo

What do you think about Soukyuu No Fafner?

Tagged under Soukyuu no Fafner

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

I was somehow abit lost and have alot of questionS :
What is Festums motive for destroying the humans?
And what is festums?
The people in the country cannt give birth so is Kazuki and soushi reproduction of the human ?
^_^'

And so how to you felt about this anime?
I think it`s somehow very touching in some parts when everyone is this country is trying very hard and sacrifing for other people sake like soushi...

I'm sorry player but I can't help you there I have no idea what this is.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Fafner is a good anime if you are into those in-depth sci-fi, action, drama genres. Very simialr to Evangelion I think. I love the characters, the mecha designs, the story, the music, almost everything about it. Very tragic yet very good!

Festums' motive for fighting the humans, I can't really point my finger on. I think the humans did something to anger the festums, but I'm not entirely sure. I don't really know what festums are either.

thank you i jus wan to roughly knw la cause frm what i knw alot of people have question of this anime !

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Well, someone recommended it to me saying it's a very good serie. Personally I don't really like mecha, but the story sounds interesting so I will check it soon I think. Anyway for now it seems as a good title to check out.

up up and away

youkais

youkais

Siegfried System

Quote by Toshie1. What is Festums motive for destroying the humans?
2. And what is festums?
3. The people in the country cannt give birth so is Kazuki and soushi reproduction of the human ?
4. And so how to you felt about this anime?

1 & 2. Festums dont really want to destroy human, they want to "understand" become ONE... just like the festum are ^^. festum are one identity on several silicon (i wonder if i write the element well...) bodies.
3. Well, i think they are artificial fertilization... they were put on the their mother's body ^^U. In vitro i think it is called.
4. I am a fan, a really fan. Fafner is my top 1 anime. ^^. So, i cant resist to answer this question even if my english is horrible xD. (really, i am trying to be clear... and dont say thing making non sense XD).

Thats it ^^. Ask and i will be there!

PS: soushi 4ever! ;o;

~ We can fly together ~

epsilon86

Scanner

epsilon86

Epsilon

I agree with youkais that Festum dont really want to destroy human. They want to understand human I think, But in the process of doing that, to become one with human, assimilation occur and human are destroy in the process. Festum are alien as in they come from outerspace. They are silicon-like material.

Both kazuki and soushi contain festum element that why they can pilot the fafner. Soushi is a special case as he had one eyes blinded by kazuki. Thus he is consider incomplete and therefore cannot pilot the fafner as it require full joining in mind and body with the fafner. They are actually product of in-vitro fertlilization whereby artificial womb is used. The festum had actually cause a disease in the woman causing them unable to give birth.

I think this anime really rock my world. It is my favourite anime. I like it so much I do many fanart on them. the anime is very good, characters is great and the songs is the best i ever heard. Though fafner had many shadows of other anime like gundam seed and evangelion and raphexphon. But I say it exceed all of them.

merged: 05-18-2006 ~ 04:08pm
If you had more questions, I will be glad to answer them. I had just rewatch fafner and I think I had better understanding of this anime.

So that`s means those that can pilot the fafner contain festum element... And in the end why the human want to destroy the festum? Izzit because they still can`t understand human? And from what i knw, the core of the island is soshi sis does that mean human is chosen to be the core? And does the core have anything to do with the festums?

epsilon86

Scanner

epsilon86

Epsilon

The pilot are genetic manipulated to contain the festum element so that they can pilot fafner. The festum element can also be injected to allow normal people to pilot fafner. Example include Canon and Michio who do so.

Human want to destroy festum because they view it as a threat. only with the total elimination of festum can the human feel safe with their world. And most human do not know that festum originally want to understand them, It was only reveal when kazuki's mother appear and told them. ( I believe so)

Soushi's sister Tsubaki is indeed the core of tatsyumiya island. Her mother was assimilated by the festum. At that time Tsubaki is still surviving in the womb of her mum. She was save by maya's mother, the doctor. (It was told in the anime but was not shown in the anime)
It was believe that was how tsubaki become the core. If u look closely at her eyes, you will see they are different from the other characters. Her eyes is the same as Koyo who was assimilated in the anime. (evidence that assimilation occur)

For a human to become a core, assimilation must occur in them.

I think the core had something to do with the festum. Festum themselve also has the core.

youkais

youkais

Siegfried System

THIS CAN CONTAIN SPOILERS BADLY :P (i dont wanna get angry from people did n't watch this before or completly)

Quote by epsilon86The pilot are genetic manipulated to contain the festum element so that they can pilot fafner. The festum element can also be injected to allow normal people to pilot fafner. Example include Canon and Michio who do so.

Well, Michio can pilot fafner ^^U but they get old and need a re-inject XD

Quote by epsilon86Soushi's sister Tsubaki is indeed the core of tatsyumiya island. Her mother was assimilated by the festum. At that time Tsubaki is still surviving in the womb of her mum. She was save by maya's mother, the doctor. (It was told in the anime but was not shown in the anime)
It was believe that was how tsubaki become the core. If u look closely at her eyes, you will see they are different from the other characters. Her eyes is the same as Koyo who was assimilated in the anime. (evidence that assimilation occur)

Oh yes, the eyes! they are creepy! Anytime i saw them i was thinking "they are strange...."
And so... the version i have watched of fafner did n't mention that thing (the mother of maya saved tsubaki from the assimilated mother...) o.o, anyway, that is a great thing to know :D now (i have watched fafner twice too jejejeje ^^U).

Quote by epsilon86For a human to become a core, assimilation must occur in them.
I think the core had something to do with the festum. Festum themselve also has the core.

Maybe the assimilited incomplete allow the person to understand ALL the cycles of the "life" (the island in the cuore's case), i think....
Maybe (and this is a fan-to-death-of-soushi' dream) Soushi can be the new cuore now... he was assimilated and... well... he promise that he will be back; and... at the final, they show the born of a new cuore (we cant say that is him... because is still so small XD).

Again, sorry my english :D
C YA (i am enjoying with this thread :D)

~ We can fly together ~

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I just finished watching Fafner, and if you don't mind, I have some questions too.

1. They said that only Kouyou and Hazama are not related to their parents. So who are they're parents and what happened to them? Assimilated?

2. What is this "Mir" they keep on talking about? is it a person, thing, or something, because apparently it has feelings. and how is the Mir related to the core?

3. What exactly happened between Kazuki and Soushi when they were young? why did Kazuki take out Soushi's eye? and what's with Soushi's hand as he advanced towards Kazuki?

4. They never revealed what was on that disk they took from that other island.

youkais

youkais

Siegfried System

Again... maybe there is spoiler and the major things, are things that i have been thinking about (i dont know if they REALLY are) XD

1. Maybe they are assimilated, yeah... or maybe... they havent one o..o. (now i am thinking so much xD)
2. Mir is everything and nothing, is hard to xplain... let me see... is like the cycle that control everything... just like God maybe o..o. And yes, it have to be with the cuore because the cuore can fell it, and can (somehow) control it too (a bit)
3. When they were young, they were listen to the radio (remember the first episode? ;D) and then, when they were alone (only kazuki and soushi), somehow, soushi get partly-assimilated and tried to assimilated kazuki, he protect himself and hurt soushi on his left eye U___U (so sad!). Maybe you have to listen the drama on the OST :P (i only can read a traslation, i dont know japanese and i am getting serious troubles writting in english XD).
Sorry, but i dont understand this: "what's with Soushi's hand as he advanced towards Kazuki?" ^^U jejeje
4. On the disk there is information of the island and, almost obviously, about the type-festum that island have knowledge ^^U.

Hope you understand that i have trying to say ^^U

~ We can fly together ~

epsilon86

Scanner

epsilon86

Epsilon

I try to answer your questions. But I dont claim the answer to be exactly correct. This is base mostly on my view about your question.

Kouyou and Hazama are not related to their parents. I believe they are artificially fertilised embryo with their genetic material manipulated to have the festum element. They are specially make to pilot the fafner.

Mir of Tatsumiya Island is something that make up the whole island. It is in the air they breathe and all the life essence of the island. Mir and the core (Tsubaki) can communicate with each other. Tsubaki teaches Mir life that why the island that once was without life cycle experience flower blooming and insect dying. (Episode 20 or so mention this). Mir must learn about life cycle and death doesnt mean the end of everything. Life will be born after death.

I think Soushi was near to assimilation when they were young and he try to do something that will hurt kazuki. HE reach out his hand trying to touch kazuki, i believe he want to assimilate with kazuki. Kazuki feeling scared at seeing soushi being assimilated and for being adnormal, He dont want to be assimilated, he used a stone and slash soushi eyes. He did not meant to hurt soushi, more of trying to wake soushi up.

The disk they took on the other island are actually information of the core and mir of the other island. Information that include why the other island was destroy too. I believe the island you mention are from epi 6. When kouyou was assimilated. Is that right?

I hope this help to clear some of ur queries.

merged: 06-12-2006 ~ 09:16pm
I add on more info to further explain some of the questions.

Mir control everything on the island. It control the temperature(example)....

About why Kazuki attach Soushi's eyes. My answer is the assimilation start at Soushi's left eyes, that's why kazuki hurt Soushi's left eyes. kazuki actually want to protect Soushi in a way.

youkais

youkais

Siegfried System

Wow, nice replies ^^
The left eye, i suppose it was coincidence :P. But yes, in a way, it was for soushi's sake o...o (how strange it is...)
^__^ I am really enjoying this thread because we can think about the things we think and understand others :D

~ We can fly together ~

epsilon86

Scanner

epsilon86

Epsilon

I enjoy this thread too. Answering questions also help me understand the anime too. So if u got more questions, im glad to answer it.

youkais

youkais

Siegfried System

Well, the question arent mine... but i have one already...
(only if you have watched the TV special)
Why the "group" (kazuki, maya, shouko, koyou, etc) never realized that "something" was happening? O_O i mean.. wasn't obvious that "something" was wrong with the graduations... and... well ^^U

PS: it is not sustantial, it is only for make a interesting thread :P

~ We can fly together ~

epsilon86

Scanner

epsilon86

Epsilon

I got watch the prequel. Soukyuu no fafner right of left.

I think maybe they do realize that something was happening. I mean people are getting lesser by the time of graduation. They surely find something amiss, but then maybe they choose not to show it and live life as normal. People tend to decieve themselves to make them feel better. Life still need to go on anyway. Maybe this is the only way for them to feel better,why make life worse for themselve.

This is just personal view to ur question. my answer is they notice it but did not show it.

youkais

youkais

Siegfried System

Yeah, that is the same idea that mine ^^U
In fact, in the begining of Fafner... is just like Kazuki "fell" something. He "knows". XD
I just dont wanna see this thread dead U_U

Have you listen the dramas? (not the ost dramas)

~ We can fly together ~

epsilon86

Scanner

epsilon86

Epsilon

No. I will like tolisten to it if I have the chance. It will be good if i got the translation too. Dont understand japanese.

I think it will help me to understand this anime better.

I`m really happy to see two of you so active in this thread... I can see that your really like soukyuu no fafner this anime... I would also like to knw why are your so interested, izzit becuz your guys that like those fafner, the fighting part or what... can your share? why? and how it attract you? how you get to knw this anime?

epsilon86

Scanner

epsilon86

Epsilon

Soukyiuu no Fafner is my top fave anime. I like it so much Im creating many fanart for it.

This anime really touches me. My love for it is hard to describe. What really attract me is the characters. The character development are one of the greatest point. I really like the part that characters are willing to sacrifice themselves to protect something. The part that characters do die in this anime is also one of the strong point. The way they fear death but had to face death is really realistic. This is really unlike some other anime whereby the characters never die. (or they never fear death)
This is all so fake.

I also like how the characters interact with each other. One character Maya particularly attract me. I also like Soushi. the mysterious guy.

I get started watching this anime because of Gundam Seed Destiny hunger. After it end i feel empty. Seeing that the characters look so familiar, i decide to give it a try. The characters are all design by hisashi hirai. Love it that why i create so many fanart of it.

Once i Start watching, I was totally engross into it and finish it in three days. IT simply surpass GSD in every way.

youkais

youkais

Siegfried System

MM... what i like about fafner?---
well, at first place, the story dont have nothing to do with religion (not like evangelion). It is not like i am not a believer, just... dont like the idea of getting full of symbolism...
Anyway, just like epsilon ^^, i like so much the characters. They have ideas, personality, they are NOT flat... they ARE.
In other hand, the story is too much deep than you can see at first sight. I mean, in the series Soushi looks like a guy that is cold-hearted... but, then, you can realize that he is doing that things for something... something that really touch me a LOT.

The designs are a bit... standar. But they are fine to the anime line, i think XD

BTW, the opening was the only thing that make me saw this anime (the design was a bit, but not too much important to me ^^).

And yes, it is right, when you start, you cant stop xD watching it ^^

~ We can fly together ~

It`s abit long seen the last post is here, i just want to ask whether your like the main theme, i somehow gt hold of the songs and i think it`s very different from other anime, everytime i watch the show i like to listen to this shangri la, what do your think about it?

epsilon86

Scanner

epsilon86

Epsilon

Rather than the opening theme song Shangri-la, I prefer the ending song Separation. I got addicted so much that i listen to it 10 times per day. I got all versions of this song which i can find. I think i got 5 versions of it. The tv version, Off vocal version, piano version, full version and the piano off vocal version. I like it alot. I cry when i listen to it. I first hear of this song before i watch the anime. because I like it so much, I watch this anime. And it really got me more addicted to this song.

Abt Shangri-la, I find it loud and I dont like it. But this song is very suitable for Soukyuu no fafner. You got to read the lyrics. It is very meaningful too. The anime help me to like this song.

About the background music, I think every piece of them is a masterpiece. It is so different from other anime. Very magnificent compare to other anime. In all, I think Fafner is an excellent anime. Good plot, good music, good theme, good characters.......This is simply the best anime in my eyes.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.