Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gun Control - Minitokyo

should there be strict cntrols on guns?

yes
35 votes
no
28 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 86 total items

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

ok. im not sure if this is a dupelicate because there is no more search bar and i dont feel like search the whole damn thing right now. now on to the matter at hand.

I'm am sick of hearing "guns kill people". oh, really? i've never seen a gun levitate off a table and blow somebody's brains out. the sits there until it gets someone to pull the trigger. guns dont kill people, people kill people. now there are some weapons that dont need to be in the publics hands. but im always hearing "we need to stop the criminals from getting these weapon by banning them" you know thats really interesting. if you're gonna kill somebody then why the hell would you go to a gun store where they have your information. it's common sense. if you're gonna do something wrong then you dont want the cops to know about you. and what about knives? in the end its the same result. in fact, knives are better to kill with then guns. yes, it isnt as quick, but its quiet, and if you do it right then it cant be traced, unlike a gun, and they are a lot easier to get a hold of ( i watch a lot of forensics shows). anyway, back the the original point. Bans dont stop people from getting these weapons if they want them bad enough. the only way to at least help in some way, is to sell the weapons straight from the factory where they were made or at least have they factory take over the gun store. I plan to not only own guns, but make my own with a gunsmith liscence (or at least my Phoenix revolver).
well, i think i've said enough for right now. i'm going to bed. write down what you think.

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

WolfMaster

WolfMaster

The Hunter

gun control means hiting your target

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

spoken like a true hunter (i'm more of a sniper kinda guy myself). id like to invite you to join my group http://mt-gunfanatics.minitokyo.net/
semper fi! carry on!

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

yeah, so what?
What is your point? "daddy, I wanna grow up and open my own slaughterhouse and sell guns beneath the basement"
I don't see what is so wrong with their endless tries to make it happen. To help clean up the streets.
You know now across Blackpool, and over the areas in entire england in time, a campaign has been set up to abstinate even guns, as well as weapons themselves being tagged, it cannot be removed, people know you when you use it.

I know it is hard to imagine, people are striving to keep guns and knives off the street now, the least you can do is to promote lesser fanatism over revolvers, of course, not that I am trying to educate your thoughts, I just feel if anything, guns should have been limited to your hollywood screens.

People who buy guns for self protection/whatever reason should have been taking a chill pill before thinking of that, hence why I will never stay in America, much less visit the bloody place.

Guns don't kill, it is giving the gun to semi-intelligent chimpanzees that is the problem.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

Guns don't kill, it is giving the gun to semi-intelligent chimpanzees that is the problem.

getting rid of guns wont solve the probelm get the people who use them off the street. people are the problem. you dont need a gun or a knife to kill someone. you could strangle them. i have a right to own a gun and i intend to exact that right. i only want 2 guns. my revolver and the barrett m107. thats all i want. i hope i never have to use them against someone, but if they attack me i will not hesitate. and i doubt you will find any place different in the world. people will be the same wherever you go.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I see no problems with being able to own weapons. Its when idiots and criminals get a hold of them that it really concerns me. The idiots because they don't have a clue and usually end up hurting themselves and someone else and the criminals because of the tendancy torwards violence.
As for the fanatcis that insist they need a fully automatic rifle to hunt with I have only one thing to say. If you can't hit your target with the first round what the H#%^ makes you think 20 additional rounds are going to help you one bit. Other than scaring the animal to death you probably don't have a chance at baggin what you're hunting

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Anybody with a right mind knows that someone who wants to kill someone, by whatever means, is going to. People that want to have guns will get them. Placing a ban on guns usually just affects those who use the guns for more pratical reasons, IE hunting and home protection. Quite frankly the vast majority of politicials who favor strict gun control are those who look for votes, plain and simple. Considering that the majority (although it's slowly shifting) of voters are conservative, pandering to those beliefs of that constituant is a good idea if you want to keep getting reelected. Besides that, remember the simple saying "The actions of the few affect the many." Ultimately, one idiot does something stupid, we all feel the pain afterwards. That's life, always will be.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

It would seem that Devildude's logic would mean we need to show ID at the hardware store.

I can buy a hammer and smash someone's head in so we must need "Hammer Control". Plus I might stab someone with a screw drive or slice someone with a box cutter. We must need "Screw Drive Control" and "Box Cutter Control".

I know we have all heard it before and it sounds blase but "Gun don't kill people. People kill people."!

Oh and by the way WolfMaster has the right idea. "Gun control means hitting your target". ;) ;)

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

Penn and Tellers show on Showtime made this point clear. Bad people will seek illegal means to obtain fires arms. With that in mind, increasing the number of gun control measures will not prevent criminals from getting their hand on these weapons. It will essentailly places law abiding citizens at the disadvantage by restricting their access to gun for defense purposes.

Signature
	Image[/img]

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Amen griffon!

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

i'm glad you guys are behind me, but dont go bashing devildude. he is entitled to his opinion and has the god given right to speak his mind (free speech is another thing i really get behind)

beautifuldreamer1289

beautifuldreamer1289

Cosplay Goddess

i think there should be more gun control because if there is more, then the stupid people would be less able to get a gun and kill people with it, cuz as yall ahve said, guns dont kill, people do. so we need to control who gets the guns ^^; also, a silly person with a gun can easily have a malfunction. thats bad.

url=http://groups.minitokyo.net/intothesky/]||IntoTheSky:AG||[/url]
DNangel-DarkWings

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

yes but the thing were trying to prove is
#1. bans dont stop criminals from getting high-powered weapons and
#2. anything can be used to kill you. gun, knife, chaisaw, hammer, a pillow, duct tape (over the mouth and nose), ect, ect.

Shadowdawn

Shadowdawn

The Iron Clad Goddess

I think that everyone should be free to own any gun if they wish. Because guns can be used for protection aswell as to harm people. And no matter what laws the government sets down, the bad guys will always have access to guns, while the good guys are left defencless. All the police keep saying how bad guns are, but they use them all the time, and because they are the 'police' and should be working for the good side, that makes it alright. While other good guys.....that are probably better then the police, go to jail for using guns, even if it is for defence. I don't agree with that.

"Little drops of water, Little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean, And the pleasant land. So the little minutes, Humble though they be, Make the mighty ages, Of eternity." -Julia Fletcher Carney
"To her, words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion which could be combined with other words to create powerful spells" - Dean Koontz

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

Gun's dont kill people, its the idoit behind the gun that does.

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I think the real problem you should look at is the criminals who'll kill anyway verses the every day person. A serious criminal with a crowbar would be more likely to beat a nieve civilian who thinks a gun will save them. Criminals will kill anyway and if they want a gun they'll get one. The problem with criminals lies in the many wannbees who have lost everything and can obtain a gun with little effort and try to rob a store. It shouldn't be made so easy for amateurs.

There are people who have no clue thinking owning a gun will protect them and keep them safe, and because their neighbour has a gun to keep himself safe they should have a gun to keep themselves safe to (hence paranoia builds). Then one night he comes round to ask for sugar and you accidentally shoot him in self defense. If your holding a gun and you know everyone around you also has one you'll be very paranoid and far more likely to use it.

If by gun control you mean controlling the circulation of firearms then get rid of as many as possible. If someone buys a gun to protect themselves from others with guns then your just accumulating the problem, it's harder to accidentally kill someone with your hands than with a gun.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

I think gun control is needed people don't need shotguns, or anything over a handgun in fact people shouldn't have guns.

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

ok. so when the criminals enter your house and they have a desert eagle and because peope arent allowed to have guns. you grab a baseball bat and then get shot in the head.

Skiddings

What ho, Good Sir!

'You don't need no gun control, you know what you need? Need is bullet control' - Chris Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAElxtV6Tzo&search=Bullet%20control

TBH I come from England, where we have really strick control on guns, and as a result we have a much lower gun crime (pratically nil). Although to make up for it we have higher rates of knife crime and violent muggings. But then its alot harder to kill someone with a knife so there are far less deaths due to gang wars, drug disputes, robbories gone wrong etc.

I know alot of american do only use there guns lawfuly, but stricker gun control would make it much harder for the pycho's to go on murder sprees etc.

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

yeah. i remember that show. that was awesome! oh and that guns arent the problem in england. you people are just more sophisicated XD you guys have drive by arguments. lol

Quote by WolfMaster gun control means hiting your target

LOL on that. that is quite true. but I do think gun laws should be stricken only becuz of those crazy ppl who think real life is CS or something, u know like getting those headshots are important to them.lol
But seriously I dont think ppl should be shooting each other's a**es at night. Just makes the whole neighborhood look bad. While hunting is a different matter. PPl are natural born hunters, so its only natural for us to hunt using proper weapons

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Quote by Shinsengumi89I think gun control is needed people don't need shotguns, or anything over a handgun in fact people shouldn't have guns.

Shinsengumi, people hunt with shotguns. In fact in New York state that's all they allow for deer hunting, no high powered rifles.

And the idea that your neighbor has a gun so you get one to is more dangerous is insane. We're talking about guns not cars, the difference is the right to bear arms (own guns for the liberals out there) is a right under the constitution. There is no right to own a car which is why there's so much involved in getting one. Only difference is a person with a criminal background can still buy a car legally, provided they're out of jail, working and can get the finacing. A person with a criminal record will not be approved to legally buy a gun from a licensed dealer.

Every one talks like it would be easy to ban guns, well drugs are illegal yet people are still getting them and killing people in accidents while high.

The laws are already on the books to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, more laws are not what is needed enforcement of exsisting laws is. Even a childs toy, a baseball bat can become a lethal weapon. Are we going to control and register bats as well?

And here are some more clishes about it, and they're clishes because they're true.

"Never before in history has a civilized nation had total gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the rest of the world will follow our foot steps into the future." -1939 Adolph Hitler

Fear the goverment that fears your right to bear arms.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Skiddings

What ho, Good Sir!

Quote by maverickmechanicyeah. i remember that show. that was awesome! oh and that guns arent the problem in england. you people are just more sophisicated XD you guys have drive by arguments. lol

I wish.
England has its fair share of problems, like every other country in the world.

And we make up for the gun and gang problems with Chavs
:angry:

In the words of Archy Bunker "Would it make you feel any better if they had been pushed out of a window".
In the word of Lola in responce to a sign that says "GUNS CAUSE CRIME" "ya like flees cause dogs"

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 86 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.