Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 GS wallpaper, does it look ready? - Minitokyo

GS wallpaper, does it look ready?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I just want to post it here before putting it in my gallery to make sure it's ready, or whether I should make some changes.

I vectored Murrue and Mwu, but I'm not sure if they're too sharp compared to the background, so I tried a slightly softened version, don't know which is better:

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/791/mmwall10jd.th.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4766/mmwall25qz.th.jpg

Also, how is the composition? are the characters too big? and are the outlines too thick? anything I need to change in the background? and are the words/font okay?

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

Naw, The charactors are just right. Maybe a little more backround color. Other then that, it looks good. :)

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

To tell the truth I seriously can't tell much of a difference between the two.

Just a few things to fix up before you submit:

* Watch out for the outlines... they have a few pixels attached. (Mainly on the girl's hair)
Try to smooth them out a bit. If not, don't worry too much about it- it's not that major. And your outline thickness is fine :)
* On the guy's face the cell shaded shadow part has been extended off his face on the right. I think that's not supposed to be there :P
* I'd strongly advise for you to just get rid of the text because that's hindering composition... it's just floating...
* The characters are just about fine. I might want them closer to each other, but they are good the way they are.

As for the background, it's maybe a good idea to move the birds down and fill in the space between the characters rather than the edges. (Edges don't need to be filled in)

Kudos! :D

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

AiryFaerieAriel

iFALLforYOU;

I think the second one is better. To me, it looks lighter and clearer. It's a very nice font and the background is a great colour. Good job!

Murre looks fantastic! How do you outline so well! You shall have to let me know - I just can't work out how to outline, it's probably something really silly I'm missing.

Ooo I'm liking this wallie, I think the second one looks best (even though, like kuroimisa, it's hard to tell the difference between the two) I also think Mwu's hair looks a bit plain.

I have to say though... not trying to pull it to bits or anything, but the background is a bit plain for my liking. I see this with the characters and the background integrated together. As I said, I'm not waller, but I see something with Mwu's mobile suit, or the archangel... even then that is basic. Oh wells, just an idea :)

Overall though MapleRose looks good :)

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

I fixed the pixels a bit, and his face. I darkened the background slightly (I tried to darken it a lot, but doesn't suit the light mood I want). I think I'm going for the non-softened version since softening doesn't seem to have too much effect.

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/8566/mmwall99wv.th.jpg

Then I removed the text, but I still kind of like it with the text (maybe placed somewhere else?), and lowered the birds (and added more), dunno if there's too many birds now. I also added a slight overlaying texture so the sharpness of foreground doesn't contrast too badly with the textured background.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6018/mmwall79xm.th.jpg

yeah, the background is rather simple, but I'm not good at making complex backgrounds. Also, because the characters are so big and dominant, I feel that you can't see much if I did make a complex bg. I dunno, their uniforms remind me of Navy uniforms, hence the blueness and water.

Yeah it definitely better with the darkness - the background is growing on me... as for the text... with out it, it's kind of looks unfinished, but with it, it kind of looks random :S So I don't know.

^.^; sorry I couldn't be much help there

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

why dont u try to make the water darker ...
if you want a light mood keep the clouds- light
As for the text they looked cramped in between the two ... maybe put it there again but in smaller font and indented so it stands out?...
im not really sure as to what else is to be done it almost seems perfect :D

ang3llove

ang3llove

Only L0ve ~ smtOwn

I think you should put the background in a darker sense.. it may fit the characters more better.. yes, i think that you should fix up the backie more~~ maybe make the birds a bit bigger and lesser in amount?

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Quote by Arashii01why dont u try to make the water darker ...
if you want a light mood keep the clouds- light
As for the text they looked cramped in between the two ... maybe put it there again but in smaller font and indented so it stands out?...
im not really sure as to what else is to be done it almost seems perfect :D

Quote by ang3lloveI think you should put the background in a darker sense.. it may fit the characters more better.. yes, i think that you should fix up the backie more~~ maybe make the birds a bit bigger and lesser in amount?

Okay, I took both of your suggestions. and you're right, the water does look nicer darker. I enlarged the birds and deleted a few, is that better?

I shrunk the words, though I don't know what you mean by "indented"...

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5271/mmwall235er.th.jpg

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

The scan(s) you used look kinda grainy, i suggest you clean it first.
The cloud filter in the bg doesn't look too good. Try finding a tut to actually make a cloud sky instead of using a filter b/c it looks dull.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

Well... my opinion is that the wallpaper would still look better without the text, but you can do as you like. Also, I think you should make the background a little brighter, especially in the lower part... and write a smaller copyright notice in the bottom corner inside of in the top, because it distracts the attention from the images. Good luck ;)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Quote by soujiokitaThe scan(s) you used look kinda grainy, i suggest you clean it first.
The cloud filter in the bg doesn't look too good. Try finding a tut to actually make a cloud sky instead of using a filter b/c it looks dull.

actually, that's a vector. I tried putting a slight overlaying texture on top of it, maybe that's what you mean by the "grainy"? so you think it'd look better without it?

hmm, actual clouds, I'll try that.

merged: 06-24-2006 ~ 04:38am
Okay, took out cloud texture and made clouds from scratch using airbrush. took out the text and made overlaying texture less opaque (so it looks less grainy).

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7442/mmwall35po.th.jpg

anything else?

merged: 06-29-2006 ~ 01:14am
I've finished it, thanks everyone for your suggestions!
Captain and Commander by MapleRose

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.