Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo Mascot Background Contest - Prizes Updated! - Minitokyo

Minitokyo Mascot Background Contest - Prizes Updated!

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 168 total items

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

The contest deadline has been extended until December 1, 2006 12am EST.

Introduction

Unbeknownst to most members, Minitokyo now has an official mascot, which has not yet been officially published or unveiled. The unveiling is delayed because the mascot currently lacks a background.

This contest, therefore, aims to harness the creative powers of you, the Minitokyo artist, to design a background which will showcase our new mascot. The Minitokyo staff asks that all interested members join this contest so that we can have the most beautiful mascot for our community.

Contest Information

The stock image of our mascot is located here. Please note that this picture is copyrighted to Minitokyo. However, after the submission deadline of this contest members may use this image as a scan for the creation of wallpapers.

There are a few guidelines for submissions:

All submissions must be at least 200 DPI, preferably 300.
1) The minimum size of the background design is 6.5 x 15.2 inches (the same as the stock image).
2) Because the mascot is for printing rather than web purposes, members should not rely on pixel art.
3) The artwork must feature the Minitokyo name.
4) Entries must be saved in JPEG or PNG24 format. All contestants must also retain the original Photoshop document (PSD) file for the verification of authenticity and for the final selection of winners.
Additional:
5) It is allowed, and actually encouraged to enlarge the over-all size of the canvas to make it more square. Do not enlarge the scan (obviously), but the over-all image can be larger than the one you download. For example, if using Photoshop then use the Photoshop 'Resize Canvas' feature rather than the 'Resize Image' feature.

Contest Deadlines
Contestants are to sent their entries via attachment to mascotcontest at minitokyo dot net. All submissions must be received by December 1, 2006 12am EST.

[edit]If the above address does not work please send your entry to: MTContests@gmail.com - we will receive your entry and it will still count.[/edit]

Winners and Prizes

After the submission deadline, the Minitokyo staff will select the winning submissions. Depending the number and quality of submissions, there may be more than one winner.

Winners will have their design printed on Minitokyo paraphernalia (i.e. T-shirts, mugs, posters, calenders, and other Cafepress items). Winners will receive one item of their choice for free. In addition, the winning design(s) will be featured on the front page.

Prizes update
First:
-3 DVDs/Artbooks of choice with a max combined price of $60
-free swag
-featured on FP
Second:
-1 DVD/Artbook of choice with a max combined price of $20
-free swag
-featured on FP, smaller
Third:
-featured on FP

As an addendum, please include your minitokyo username in your entry email.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Good luck to everyone who's entering the contest! Make the prettiest and eye-catching bg you can think of! It should be a good chance to prove your skills and try something new for once! =D

If you are frustrated with the download speed of the PSD file given above, this is a mirror (which I have created) which may or not be faster. You will be taken to another page where you have to click the link shown to download the file.

I'd better get paid for this. lol

Click to download (ZIP file, 7.1Mb)
Click to download (RAR file, 9.2Mb)
Click to download (PSD file, 17.7Mb)

Please tell me if there is a problem with this. I have set the folder private but to my knowledge, if does not matter if you have the link.

This contest sounds like a great Idea. I had no idea MT was going to do this. This is wonderful. I will try to participate in this contest for sure! XD . How can I not *shocked look*! Thanks for all the info on it. I'll start working on it as soon as possible. :)

~* Lacus *~

Signature Image A little birdy told you to .... FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

@PinkPrincessLacus:
mascotcontest@minitokyo.net is an email address. You send it via email attachment.

@animanga:
Can your computer handle PSD? I can unzip the file and upload it. Alternatively, is .rar file okay? Because, without the zip, it's over 17Mb. @_@

@enuasahng, Thanks for telling me that, I'll go and edit my post now *hehe*. :D

~* Lacus *~

Signature Image A little birdy told you to .... FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

EldaLacus92

EldaLacus92

Elda^Lacus

Hmm.. :\ Sounds nice... Let's see if I'll get inspiration then I'll try something ^_^'

Because we are we and nobody else. For who we are we live for it.

hmm...contest, eh? ^^
I think I may try out! :D I may not have a chance though if other super-awesome-photoshop-users try out too XD Oh well :) Might as well try, eh?

animanga

animanga

A Clockwork Fate

.rar is not working either. >.<

Signature
My latest works: Mine of Mine * [url=http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/409522]Fool

sweet i'll try to submit something...that'd be totally awesome having something published haha...if i win i'll definitly put it in my portfolio...hehe but its still to early to speak of winning i must scout my opponents...and yes start on this background^_^

Sounds interesting. I would love to participate if I had any good programs, instead of MS Paint.

ChopperDave

ChopperDave

Likes Gundam too much

Intriguing...I'll have to try my hand at this one ;)

Rikkablurhound

Rikkablurhound

*Kero~! O_o

It sounds pretty good^^
And thanks for the mirror file there too, eunashang... I was just about to throw my comp out of the window... ^_^'
On mugs and all? Wow! Thats so cool!

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

Hmm... This seems interesting. I might not participate this ^^; , but I like the idea that minitokyo has a contest for once (I think)

Bluearth

Bluearth

A Panda lover??

Sounds cool :) I think I'll be joining :D Printing? for selling? :P But its definitely fun :)

Join the Panda Lublub today! Check the following links for more info on mt!!
Upcoming news on credits system!! Guide to Mt3:Credits,browsing and moreGuide on making gallery commentsSignature Image

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

I'd better get something for doing this. xD
I'm uploading the PSD (17.7Mb). Download it at your own pain. lol
It'll be put up as soon as it has been uploaded.

Btw, EP, just to clarify things (for myself), since the size you've mentioned is only a minimum, we can be flexible with the general shape of the bg right?

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

yeah you can be flexible =)

AlexXan

AlexXan

124C41+

Sound like nice idea :) cant wait till i see our maskot ~

btw: the first link is realy pain to download (4kB T_T ) and
i dunno how to download from filelodge.com >>
there comes over and over the same page with "click here..."
and after click no download starts- but same page appear ~ -_-

marget later
josh ~ i have it from first link ..... ahhh.... it is kawaiiii >_< OX
Because dowload speed is realy slow - I have uploaded it again at faster place ~

Click to download (ZIP file, 7.1MB) (containing PSD file for photoshop CS2)
Click to download (PSD file, 17.7MB) (for photoshop CS2)
Click to download (CPT file, 4.6MB) (for people who use PHOTO-PAINT like i do)
I hope it is ok to uplod this mods ^_^'

Proud member of ::Simple-ism:: ::Colorfull-Wallies:: ::Feathers-of-Eternity::

I'm not good at painting color.... T_T

so, I don't think my picture .......... hmm

kaiou12

kaiou12

-=weird girl=-

Yoshi! i'll try my best, though im just a beginner ^_^'

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

ouch no inspiration yet OX >_<
ouch the resolution is a pain... 0___O too big OX anyway guess i'll try XD
@euna: err....it seem undownloadable X-P why not set it public XD, i'm not sure but....why the PSD i downloaded from EP post is only 10. mb? OX

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

itsbigdan

itsbigdan

life or hell?

cooly i think i might give it a try ^_^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

darkchiichan17

darkchiichan17

Chiizuda

I ll try

celestial-luminesse vectory

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Sounds like a cool idea. ^_^ With this dial up though, I can't download any of the files...it says it'll take over an hour. T_T I guess I'll just have to wait and see it when it's finished. :) Good luck to everyone. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

*waits for download to complete* Its taking ages..........
Anyway I think I'll try for it

EDIT: umm its not working
Either there is something wrong in my connection or with the file

Signature Image

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 168 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.