Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Inspiration Project @ Simple-ism - Minitokyo

The Inspiration Project @ Simple-ism

Group announcement by Simple-ism

page 1 of 1 12 total items

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Jump-starting a new project, as previously hinted at :3

Most people draw inspiration from a lot of places for walls, and being part of a walling community means that very few of us wall in an artistic vacuum. Inspiration may come from other artists, or musicians, or any random thing... In the coming months, pay tribute to your inspiration by putting it in a wall. Push your limits and try something that you haven't tried before.

Please state the source of your inspiration clearly in your wallpaper description, and link project entries in the Simple-ism guestbook... they'll be counted as an automatic nomination to the featured gallery, and may also displayed in an off-MT gallery. You don't have to be a member of Simple-ism to participate. The project will end on December 31st, 2006.

Any questions, direct them here. In the meantime, happy walling!

P.S. Thanks Tama for tweaking the project idea :D

Quote by Tama-NekoWhen I was discussing this topic with Flyin', we decided that this could go in many directions. It could be a specific waller's style. It can be a specific artist's style (Alphonse Mucha, much?) It can be music that inspires you (I'm thinking of a Kanno-inspired wall). I think content inspiration (especially in the case of music) is quite okay to use as well.

And you can also enter as many entries as you like :)

The offsite gallery for the Inspiration Project >> http://pixel-ellipsis.net/projects/inspiration-project/index.html

P.P.S. If for whatever reason you want to link your entry to a wall that's not on MT, please post the link on the Simple-ism guestbook (preferably to someplace where people can comment, but it's up to you), make a 120x90 thumb, and link that as well :3

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

When you say draw inspiration from others, does it have to be in their style as in asking and using the same/similar technique, or can it be more towards the content inspiration?

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

tsh, stop organizing without me >_>

ohes well, ill gladly participate

ShiXon

ShiXon

PFFFTT.

sounds fun, i'll participate because i desperately need inspiration for walling and such ^-^ <3 *goes off to search for inspiration in deviantart*

HAY THARR.

kalicodreamz

anti-trendwhore

sounds interesting....
maybe i'll give it a shot
-prays to her professors not to kill her wirh work so she can join-

Quote by MapleRoseWhen you say draw inspiration from others, does it have to be in their style as in asking and using the same/similar technique, or can it be more towards the content inspiration?

Exactly, this makes a big difference to me as I am not interested in copying someone elses style.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

When I was discussing this topic with Flyin', we decided that this could go in many directions. It could be a specific waller's style. It can be a specific artist's style (Alphonse Mucha, much?) It can be music that inspires you (I'm thinking of a Kanno-inspired wall). I think content inspiration (especially in the case of music) is quite okay to use as well.

after reading tama's post just now, im more interested in participating as it isnt solely isolated to inspiration from wallers. ahha ah...id liked to participate but given my recent walling output, I have a feeling I may never get around to it. after i start school ill probably have a better idea if i can or not so guess count me in for now...

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

oh ohkay... i'm glady participate :D

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

okay, I think I've got some inspiration... now I just need a test subject and some time >:)

oh, is it one entry per person, or can we enter multiple times?

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

You can put in as many entries as you like :)

I guess ...it will be fun, count me in

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.