Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New BBcode - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

As some of you have probably already noticed, image tags are not working in gallery descriptions. This is because there is a new BBcode system to use, which is a lot easier, and also doesn't clog up your descriptions.

You can use this for linking to members and groups, without having to know the URL's. For example, if I wanted to link to the Moderators group, I would put the following BBcode in my post, without the additional asterisk:

[*group=Moderators]

As a result, the group button would show up. Click here for an example. If the group doesn't have a button, then the code will show a hyperlink, instead.

That is pretty much your new BBcode, have fun using it!

Oh yeah, if you haven't already, go Vote for your favorite Minitokyo Mascot!

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Ah, I was wondering what was going on. This is really cool. Makes descriptions much neater and stuff. We'll have to take care when spelling names and such now =D

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

Interesting! This makes much easier to post on forum and on gallery ^^ when you want to refer to something or someone in particular...thanks for the advising!

gabysango2011

gabysango2011

..::*bE sTroNg agAiNst aLL*::..

nice...this is much easier..^^

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

That's a much better idea. ^_^ Now there won't be 500 banners in wall descriptions to clog my dial up. O_O

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

Thank you so muh, this is really an improvement - finally we'll start to concentrate on the works!

founder of: Vectory
Signature

rika23

rika23

?-?????

now..i know.. XD

Signature Image
My Latest Artwork: Oofuri<3
DEAD

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

wow thanks much easier than to tpe a long url, save time too..! ^^

Signature Image

animanga

animanga

A Clockwork Fate

This is a really great idea, it'll fix all the cluttering, but what about all the banners groups and members have worked to make? Groups are in the middle of banner competitions right now & some are just announcing their results. All the work has gone to waste & you can hardly read buttons anyways. Also other BBCodes won't work, links to forums, gallery buttons and links to individual teams within groups.
I really don't want to be rude, but it feels quite disappointing.

Signature
My latest works: Mine of Mine * [url=http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/409522]Fool

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

S20-SignatureStudio
testing

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Quote by animangaThis is a really great idea, it'll fix all the cluttering, but what about all the banners groups and members have worked to make? Groups are in the middle of banner competitions right now & some are just announcing their results. All the work has gone to waste & you can hardly read buttons anyways. Also other BBCodes won't work, links to forums, gallery buttons and links to individual teams within groups.
I really don't want to be rude, but it feels quite disappointing.

Same here... Besides, sometimes you need to put images in your work's description, like when you present another version of the same wallpaper you posted. Sure you can just use a text link, but most people tend to overlook that.

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

I like the change ^_^' I`m not a fan of big banners >_<

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

The whole point of this new BBcode system is to remove cluttering from wallpaper descriptions. Obviously the privilege was abused, and so it was taken away. Sorry to all of the people who don't agree with it.

Links to forum threads are working fine. You can see an example of it on my "-Ring Around the Roses-" wallpaper ( click here. )

Quote by animangagallery buttons and links to individual teams within groups.

Gallery buttons will not work because we did turn off all images in wallpaper descriptions besides group buttons, unless you're referring to something else. I don't really understand what you mean by individual teams within groups, either. Please be more clear with your problems...

laurent

laurent

..:: Kuro ::..

Well I understand why it was done, and in some ways it's a good idea, but that doesn't mean that I'm 100 percent behind this change. The reason why is because I've always put a banner with a link to my userpage ever since I started posting submissions. Now that the function doesn't work any longer, I'll have to get rid of 111 useless links ( they only show the banner when you click on them ) which'll take quite some time, and if there's something I'm currently lacking, it's time. Also since userpages don't have buttons, there is no other option then putting up a plain looking boring link.

Also Odeena pointed out something very interesting. What if you want to post a link with thumbnail function in case you want people also to see other versions of your work or in case of my upcoming doujinshi's outline versions ?! People often overlook a regular link.
I agree that there was a lot of abuse, but for people like me who just put up one banner, which isn't the end of the world, it feels kinda disappointing. Sorry, but it's the way I feel about this. And I hope I won't get nagging for not getting rid of those useless links, 'cause I won't unless all my work is done.

Signature Image

I agree with Odeena, animanga, and my love laurent on this. This is quite dissappointing. I know i was one of the poeples that "abused the privedlge", but we had no warning or anything of knowing we were abusing it, so why punish us for it. Now no one can use those banners members and group staff worked on so hard to make their groups unique and special, and not counting how now people who get the honor of getting a feature from a walling group can't have a special Feature Banner. That was the reason some wanted a feature to show off their proud feature banner loud and proud. And yes now people have nothing but messy and ugly links showing up in previous submissions, I know I for one will not take all my old links down Im to lazy for that but for some who do want to get rid of them that will take time and effort like for my love laurent who has 111 submissions. In my one walling group Hoteru-no-Shiki we have teams that walling members are placed in, and we give points to them. Those members that are in a certain team use their team's individual banner for their submissions, this helped me find out what team they belonged to and decide what team got what points and for what team wall feature went to. I just wish we could have like a new rule instead like saying how many we can use and size regulations for banners replacing this new bbcode for submissions, no offense though it is a great idea *claps* I would have never thought of it. Either way I'll use the new bbcode it is cute, but old banners I miss alot.

~* Lacus *~

Signature Image A little birdy told you to .... FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

kiokorenay703

kiokorenay703

Dasha Denger

Hi thats very cool, i like that. But then does this mean, i wont have to use banners that are made for the group. Cos i tried doing this new thing, but it didnt work with the banners. So, the only image that will appear will be the button?
Anyways, it is very easy, thanks for doing this ^^

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Yeah I agree with Odeena there. I usually like to provide a thumbnail to my sketches for doujinshi, or another version of it to compare. But I do agree that some people are abusing the priviledge by putting up waaay too many banners (there should be a max number of say, 3, and they should only put up banners of groups that actually relate to the subject of the work posted...), but like PPL said, maybe there should've been a warning first...

But going with this idea, is there a way to install the same type of code for members as well? like instead of typing in the whole url link to the member page, we can do something like [member=username] and have their name show up as a link (or maybe their avatar)? Also, does this feature work in signatures too?

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

Quote by MapleRoseis there a way to install the same type of code for members as well?

[*user=name], but without the asterisk. :) If you want the hyperlink, then capitalize the username, and if you want the avatar to show, then make the letters all lower case.

The new BBcode works everywhere. You just have to use it right...

aqiaqua

aqiaqua

last men standing!

Hmmmm, I got to say, this will be quite convienient. Simple, neat, easy to use. I quite find the banners distracting too. I just hope the rest of MT will find this out lol.

Signature Image
min min for the win :D

laurent

laurent

..:: Kuro ::..

Since this thread is about new coding for gallery items, I think this is the place to report this.

Has the coding for bold text changed as well ? 'Cause I just submitted a scan and as always, I put my signing name ( like here in this post ) at the bottom in bold. But it doesn't show up, despite it's clearly in the control and edit panel of that scan. It only shows up, at least on my computer, when I go over the section where it is and select it. But as soon as you scroll up or down it's gone again.

Anyone can clear this out for me ?

..::DarkWingedDemon::..

Signature Image

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

Quote by laurentHas the coding for bold text changed as well ?

No.... it's working fine.

MuZ0NaZ

MuZ0NaZ

The Muzzinator

FINALLY! No more useless clutter! *high-fives*

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
--Terry Pratchett

animanga

animanga

A Clockwork Fate

Quote by bromithiaI don't really understand what you mean by individual teams within groups, either. Please be more clear with your problems...

What Lacus said, at Hoteru-no-Shiki we have separate teams with separate banners. The admins need to see these banners to determine which group points go to.

"Please only put YOUR team's banner in your artwork's description and not another team's banners! The Admins and Mods will be looking at what team banner you have to determine what points, and features goes to which team by it."

These are two of our four team banners.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/dokis_graphics/minisr.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/dokis_graphics/minipl.jpg

Also feature banners for groups like Colorfull-waliies & Celestial-Luminesse are very important to members & an example of a forum button is the one Devildude posts under his submissions.

Signature
My latest works: Mine of Mine * [url=http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/409522]Fool

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

@animanga: couldn't you just use the names of the teams instead? maybe bolded or something so people will see it.

I wonder when and how this banner-plugging scheme all started..

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.