Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 An Interview with Botchii, the Sender of Deletion - Minitokyo

An Interview with Botchii, the Sender of Deletion

Is automated Message a good idea?

Yes
4 votes
No
10 votes
I don't know
8 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

Well, for a start, I know not a single member would want to hear this (but no apologize to rippers X-P), and perhaps moderators would be tired of this (Am I correct?).

As far as I read those treads in Deletion Complaints forum, I find some are very displeased with automated messages. Some of such PM didn't state properly the reason of artwork/scan deletion . Another said this way is a bad practice.

Such made me wonder Why is there such implementation of sending Automated Message (and Botchii thing) instead of moderators writing out the specific reasons?. In additional, it has caused much confusions among members. (I heard Botchii is created to save moderators from being bugged angrily by members whom their artworks are deleted/quarantine [so that members will not know which moderator deleted it]; is this true?)

I would like to know specifically why Botchii/automated message is created here in the first place. Is there no other ways better than that? No offence TO ANYONE, but I'm just in pretty much confused by these events. Perhaps, it should be improved in a way that members can understand well, if not accept.

As for such misunderstood, I suggest that moderators should talk to the member first before proceeding to quarantine/delete. In this way, a better mutual understanding can be achieved (and possibly less hatred will take place). Quarantine/Deletion can be done ONLY if that member can't give concrete reasons.

Plus, since such complaint seldom happen, I would assume there're more time for moderators to do this discussion. Complaining in Deletion Forum is actually a hassle to members (Moreover, only moderators are allowed to write posts there. So, there's no need for public discussions). Besides, views from various moderators must be sought before quarantine/deletion can be executed.

I sincerely hope something can be done to achieve a win-win result. It's improvements for the benefit of the whole Minitokyo I'm talking about at here.

[EDITED]: (sentence continued at post 6)

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

i have to agree with you the mods should explain why there deleting/qourenteneing the image in this way the members would be able to fix sead errors that there art containd i hope the moderaters will agree with you in this regard

*~i am the proud administrator of~* *~pink-pearl-princess~*Signature Image

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Well if you want views from every moderator... it is very troublesome....
Counting on the fact that all the moderators have their own life to attend to and also they are online on different times... Furthermore, not all the moderators have the artistic pickups or good detail deductions like the gallery moderators....

Although i do believe that instead writing the all so long message that the Botchii send... maybe they should just cut down and go straight to why it was deleting and maybe provide the link to the reasons it is deleted if it is still a must...

And buddy.... Moderators are human.. they do make mistake from time to time like the second link that you provided... and anyway.. she was being precaution as to quarantine it and be sure before letting it be publicise again..

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

I believe the automated message was created and is being sent out to save the mods/admins a LOT of time. Keep in mind that they have to go through every single gallery item (at least Im pretty sure of this) to see if it has met the standards and rules for the site. It would take much longer to write out specific reasons to every member/gallery item. And then if you want more of a reason then that is why you post it in that specific forum.

Signature Image

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Generally speaking, MiniTokyo members having some items deleted happen to have no problem with the automated messages. To have a few complain threads in a week only when the community is 375,449 members big, I find the system far from unsatisfying.
Besides your 2 link examples are bad. 1)Fluke never said he didn't understand the message-he said he thought the moderator was wrong deleting the scan. 2- Again, no misunderstanding. The member wanted further explanation on the deletion.

You say posting in the deletion complaint forum is a hassle for members? Did you think of the moderators ?
I do not think Minitokyo's priorities are to revolution the automated message bot. Changing the system to manual private messaging would not only kill the mod's life and demoralize them whenever they're on MT, but it would also slow down the moderation (thus, cleaning) of the galleries GREATLY

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

I see.
It's clearly my own misunderstood. But I'll clarify further of which I haven't wrote above yet,
First: It's never my point to think that moderators are robots.
Second: Perhaps i didn't read its details of those treads well.
Third: Wouldn't it be much better if automated message can be simplified instead of long list of reasons?

Other than that, I'll retract my words.
Thanks very much for your full clarification, Candy-chan.

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I'll add to this by saying that in some cases where circumstances are less obvious there is a space where mods can and will add their own message after the automated part of a botchii message. It would be hard to really measure it's effectiveness however in the more ambiguous cases it always seems to have worked.

As for your third point of automated messages being simplified, they're long so they cover all the typical reasons within a category for deletion, if they were to be simplified further again the mods would end up with a list of 50 options in which to choose the best reason.

As said this is all to improve efficiency and if we do make a bad call then that's why the complaints forum was created.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Personally I prefer botchii to the system I've experienced on another site where the messages received are often so short that almost always I've had to ask for further detail.

I remember very well my frustration of receiving botchii messages as a new member. But I never took it personally. And back then there wasn't any form of public questioning like a thread or a forum.

The messages that botchii sends out have been updated on several occasions since I was a wee newbie, and we always try to cover all aspects of policy infringement in the messages that botchii sends out,

There is an option for moderators to add a comment when they press the delete button. However, from my experience many members fail to read any of the botchii message and have missed any addition pieces of information we add.

For me its about time. We're still human beings and still have time limitations. We need to check all new submissions in our own respective areas (walls, scans, indy art) and quite often there's many pages of new submissions each day. When you have to check through every submission you don't have time to write out the same deletion message time and time again. Therefore, for me at least, botchii covers the majority of explanations, allowing me to add a smaller piece of info instead of having to write a lengthy essay every time I delete something.

There is no possible way that we can consult a member before we delete an item. It's ludicrously impractical. We're talking about thousands of members across the world in different time zones. If I leave a message asking you to delete a message, but that member loses their net access & can't log on for another month or two, then how long do you expect me to wait? I would have no possible way of knowing what was happening to them in real life. In the meantime other members see that scan and think that it's okay to post similar things... so how long should I give them before I delete their scans?

Not only that, what if the member disagrees completely and wants to debate a thousand reasons why their item should not be delted? If you recognised a ripped wallpaper that had a minor alteration done to it then the member who submitted that altered rip could debate how it's a new and original wall for the best part of a week! And believe me... this has happened! But ultimately someone will feel hurt because their wallpaper was ripped and then mutilated by someone else. How long should I give that person before I put my foot down and delete that wall?

No time.

Simply put, if an item breaks the policy then it should be deleted. Therefore I can not waste time in deleting it or asking the member to take it down.

But ultimately, I genuinely do believe that the botchii system works & that the deltion complaints thread gives you an open chance to question our decisions & ask for more info. Instead of having to debate it out in private via pm with one singular member of staff.

I believe in botchii & 'her' practicality. As long as a member reads the messages they receive and after that if they have further queries, then I'm more than happy to explain my decision to delete an item.

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

hmm...just my random opinion, but i have no problem with the automated message. and even if youre dissatisfied with it, you should think of the mods. There are so many wallpapers and scans that are deleted, and i doubt they have enough time to look at each and every wallpaper and type up individual reasons. That is the reason why the Sandbox exists here on MT.

but i think most of the mods have already said that.

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

NJKay

Ametyst Sea Elf

Even if they don't have the time to type the individual messages it seems like they don't properly look at the wallpapers. Either way the bot reply does not help us members figure out what's wrong with the wallpaper they submitted. It would help if we knew what we did so that we could make sure we don't do it in another wallpaper. Maybe if better descriptions were given on what exactly they want it would be easier for both parties.

I will continue to be lost and confused still.

asinine

asinine

Quote by NJKayEven if they don't have the time to type the individual messages it seems like they don't properly look at the wallpapers. Either way the bot reply does not help us members figure out what's wrong with the wallpaper they submitted. It would help if we knew what we did so that we could make sure we don't do it in another wallpaper. Maybe if better descriptions were given on what exactly they want it would be easier for both parties.

You know you just contradicted what you said...

Even if they don't have the time to type the individual messages.....

Maybe if better descriptions were given on what exactly they want it would be easier for both parties.

You accepted the fact that they cant write individual message...
but you still want them to write a descriptive reply?

The bot-chii reply is used to make moderators job easier...
And there is the Deletion Complaints
Where you can get more elaborate explanation of its deletion..
If you really want a a good reason of its deletion... you know some of the deletion here are rippers and some are of because it violate certain rules... and its not always because of its lack of quality...

Mind you.. moderators have not only few galleries item to delete per day...
And they cant come online to minitokyo all day to just make long repiles to every deletions... its like doing a job that you are not paid for when you come online... i mean they need to have fun too!

To tell you the truth i believ they really do look at the wallpapers

Signature

supo

supo

Geisha=Artist

I am with you on this but I have been here for 2 years so im pretty used to botchii and the mechanical message.
I would like to have someone alive tell me the reason why.
I mean why would MT even exept the image if botchii is going to just dlete it anyways.
I think that if MT would just not exept the image it would be better that way so we wouldnt have to deal with Botchii.

Well thats just my opinion.

Signature Image

asinine

asinine

Quote by supoI am with you on this but I have been here for 2 years so im pretty used to botchii and the mechanical message.
I mean why would MT even exept the image if botchii is going to just dlete it anyways.
I think that if MT would just not exept the image it would be better that way so we wouldnt have to deal with Botchii.

Well thats just my opinion.

I think you mean that all galleries items should be approved by moderators, before it is accepted in the gallery...

Its a good way but then it is not very practical, process would be slow and certainly will put moderators into depression...

Signature

MallieChan

MallieChan

Nummy nummy num in my tummy yum

D: animepaper is mucho meaner ._. minitokyo is nice & i luv it! anyway too lil mods too lil time i dont mind botchii buut sometimes i do ._. all i can say is more mods ? i guess if ppl do want more detailed reasons

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Quote by supoI am with you on this but I have been here for 2 years so im pretty used to botchii and the mechanical message.

Like Asinine just pointed out, there's the Deletion Complaints part of the forum if you want more info on why a scan/doujin/wall was deleted.

Quote by supoI mean why would MT even exept the image if botchii is going to just dlete it anyways.

Botchii doesn't delete walls, mods do. Botchii sends a message explaining why the item was deleted. If you're unsure if your wall would be accepted, use The Sandbox part of the forum for help.

Quote by supoI think that if MT would just not exept the image it would be better that way so we wouldnt have to deal with Botchii.

You mean like at Animepaper? There was a thread on this subject already and most people agreed that it's just too much work for the mods. Scans, doujin and wallpapers come in every hour. We'd always have to have at least one gallery mod online at all times.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

asinine

asinine

Quote by MallieChanD: animepaper is mucho meaner ._. minitokyo is nice & i luv it! anyway too lil mods too lil time i dont mind botchii buut sometimes i do ._. all i can say is more mods ? i guess if ppl do want more detailed reasons

The difference between the moderatos in animepaper and here is that...
Animepaper has already establish a group of people who they can trust as moderators, even before it was set up...
It have a 3 founders into it, and they brought in their own people to help them keep the community clean and attend to the different matters in the community and then soon they have subsequent trustworthy members to become moderators... Where else here in Minitokyo... There arent that many people into this community at first.....Moderators are basically chosen from scratch, and careful thinking... And that is essential....moderators must be someone that they can trust and will not shirk away the responsibility to take over this moderating work...

Signature

Revan

Retired Moderator

Revan

Tattoo Soul

My bad ^_^' this thread should not be still open since the thread starter (kokuyu) has asked for the closing of this topic since he considers that there was no further reply needed to his inquiry.

Closed

Signature

There is nothing you can do... yes I've lost my faith in you.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.