Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 In what wat does anime and manga impact on fashion and style? - Minitokyo

In what wat does anime and manga impact on fashion and style?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Azumi11

Azumi11

Doujinshi Forever

:)hello..

We saw already how anime and manga impact our so greatly not only in Japan but worldwide..
It also impact on fashion and style nowadays..
For example,the baggy socks from Tenjo Tenge..It become a part of the school uniform in schools especially in Japan..

Another example is the gothic styles..Now there are type of gothic style such as Elegant gothic lolitha and others that i know of but i don't know what to called them..Still,we saw these fashion in anime first before they came out to the world..

Final Fantasy also one anime that impact us on fashion..cool huh?!
So please give more examples and replies..Maybe it will be more interesting and probably you might be suprised and shocked by the results..hehehe :D ;)

Signature
'Be inspired and be happy....'

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

well, loose socks are still merely a fashion, but not part of school rules >_<

Quote: In Japan, they were adopted as a fashion which deviated from school uniforms and firmly took root after a long period of popularity.

They were first worn by high school girls and later spread to junior high school girls, but not to other ages. The fashion is so unpopular with other ages that it is said that loose socks equal high school girls. Since the socks are worn to go with school uniforms, they generally haven't come into fashion with elementary school students. There are also virtually no girls who keep wearing loose socks after they graduate from high school. Those who do tend to be viewed as being strange.

source: Wikipedia: loose socks

as for Gothic styles in Japan, i was the one [Gothic Lolita] of them in craze, though i'm not a girl. personally, i dislike such dark fashion, but as my heart rebels, i tend to love them. now i am a darkness lover :)
if i'm not mistaken, there's an article in my local newspaper interviewing cosplayers and fancy dressers in Harajuku. according to it, they have to dress up in either of their friends' house, public toilet, and anywhere as long as there are some privacy and most importantly, far from their parents' knowledge. one of them recalled how heir parents screamed at their 'weird' fashions.

another is Japanese loves to dress up as beautiful as possible. it's part of their culture since immemorial times. hence, it's natural for them to dress in the nicest style.

as far as i know, unlike western's teen fashion, japanese fashion focus less on skin-revealing dress. what's more interesting, they mix well with some traditions.

in general, anime really play one of the biggest infuence in japanese fashion, because new fashions are always created in every new anime. it's not suprising that japanese youngsters take inspirations into dressing up like them, as anime too play some influence in them in turn. as mention before, culture and social impact are the main roots to creation of such fancy fashions.

Quote by Wikipedia: Sailor fukuThe uniform in general is seen by some youth as a symbol of conformity and as such has been modified by rebellious students as a means of exhibiting individualism. Such variations include lengthening or shortening the skirt, rolling up the sleeves, removing the ribbon, hiding patches or badges under the collar, etc. In past decades, brightly coloured variants of the sailor outfit were also adopted in the by Japanese yankee and B?s?zoku biker gangs.

merged: 02-21-2007 ~ 09:16pm
well.....one more final fantasy do create a fashion, but not a statement yet. and cosplay cannot be part of fashion unfortunately, as it's a temporary thing which will fade one the show ends itself. example: do you still commonly seen Sailormoon outfit cosplay nowadays?

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

Quote: example: do you still commonly seen Sailormoon outfit cosplay nowadays?

Duh >_>; No way >_>;
I think its based on its popularity and Moe's rate :D

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

shinshinovi

shinshinovi

Non-Descript Living Organism

IMO, it still depends on the creators themselves. A mix of 70s, 80s, or even 50s are recognized, and had even been 'upgraded' on popular animations like Card Captors Sakura, Shuffle! and it's predecessors (leg warmers!), heck, Gatchaman, which retro is applied. But many fashion designers have created their own, notably, the Final Fantasy series, with special mention to Mr. Cloud Strife.

Uniforms, on the other hand, (school uniforms, sir) have exceeded actualy school regulations *damn skimpy skirts* which, undeniably, targets male fans, since it's a part of that human emotion called 'lust' (no offense meant, we knew it, we knew it! D:), by triggering fantasies.

In the end, even though I mentioned that it's the creators that creates these fashion styles, it is still up to the viewers to acknowledge or just-dump-it-on-the-wastebin- the IDEA.

Wait... I wonder what I ate today, posting my comment... o__O

Sparda's missing Teacher. No MSG added. pH 9.5.

kokuyu

kokuyu

all in all.....all anime fashions only triggers cosplay......that is......a temporary thing. it never last as long as gothic......and gothic are not part of cosplay, because it's an eternal, fashion statement.

of anime do play a part in international fashion, then i'll be the first to grab as first hand ^^ ;)

Signature

Azumi11

Azumi11

Doujinshi Forever

thanks for the great comments especially from kokuyu..
I appreciate it and hopefully we all can share more about anime in this forum..
:nya:

Signature

kokuyu

kokuyu

you're welcome ^^V

sigh......how i wish if i could wear gothic.....TO GO TO WORK! XD jk..jk....ROFL!

Signature

I'm just going to say that Japan is very open to change depending on where the people live(and usually what age frame).. but I believe that on the norm.. Japanese society is still pretty timid.. and unless you're in Junior High or around then(the time of realizing what you want to be as a part of society/self indulgence) I'd suggest Akihabara for your fun adventures into 'style'..but most of the styles (unless you calculate in FRUITS) is going to change over time and not last for very long... It's true that Gothic will say b/c of the continual fan base Laid out by the music industry... but cosplay in the streets..lol very rare ;p

merged: 02-26-2007 ~ 03:58am
and just to peak your interesting :Summonerjoe: ... Kubo isn't a fashion designer.. but at the start of Kubo's career.. the Shounen Jump Mag. Editor that helped him get into the weekly rivals 'is' a fashion designer... so while Kubo did learn much of his clothing styles from him... he hasn't worked with him sense the beginning of Bleach.. but if you look back at some of the other things like 'zombie powder' you'd see the difference and the development of Kubo as a designer! ;p

merged: 02-26-2007 ~ 04:02am
Oh yeah...and although this doesn't really have to do with clothing... Kubo's influence that you see often with the names being in Spanish are from his High School days.. which his best friend had a Spanish father or something like that... so he had lots of influence on that side... but also at the same time b/c his friend didn't continue education after High School... Kubo did the same thing which was a very depressive time for him and his family..all of high standing positions.. ;_; poor Kubo.. Buuuuut as we all know he decided to do something with his life and starting working for Jump and we have what we have today! Yaaaay! ;p

u would want to wear socks like misa, put ALOT of things hanging on ur handphone like her, n maybe thinking of having an x scar on ur cheek like himura kenshin :D

Melodyfpf

Melodyfpf

Murderous princess..

lol i like their uniform and their boots!so nice!and their fashion rocks!

Signature
I'm back! :D

Azumi11

Azumi11

Doujinshi Forever

In Death Note..Misa is more into Elegant Gothic Lolita style which suits her...i don't think i would like to have a scar on my cheek darkangelicdevil..hehehe..
And bbhomann..thanks for sharing that with us alrite
:)
By the way, u guys notice that school uniform is kind of common in anime these days?

Signature

Melodyfpf

Melodyfpf

Murderous princess..

ya i realise tt whihc is so nice and i hope singapore will have them soon!

Signature
I'm back! :D

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.