Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [Museum of Minitokyo] suggestion - Minitokyo

[Museum of Minitokyo] suggestion

page 1 of 1 11 total items

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

Greetings to all Minitokyo citizens. :)

Recently, I browsed through old treads, and found something long 'disappeared' from today's eye. There were quite a number of retired moderators.

So, I wondered, if there should be a site here where the past and presents of MT are chronicled. I see MT in few years ago and now is soooo much different and has advanced tremendously. Indeed, this should be something to be highlighted as well as honouring those unsung heroes who have made differences in improving MT.
Perhaps, it can be made in group site, or separated side. It would be similar to 'Hall/Walk of Fame' and 'Memory Down Lane' as well as museum too.

As new members keep increasing almost everyday, i feel this should be established for everyone's appreciation, because many do not know MT's past.

What do you guys think about it :) The current history side in Support section is not enough to highlight its important history. (Or maybe it was there and I didn't noticed it? ;) )

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

anime-xp

anime-xp

random anime

this section sounds like a great idea i think that it should be made because the new members should know what minitokyo was like back when it first started out

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Well I think putting them as retired mods was a way of showing appreciation, and letting people know they WERE mods in the past. It may be a nice idea, but what would they write? and who? Wikipedia used to have an article on Minitokyo, mentioned some history, but now it's gone.

Maybe you can give us a better idea of what history you're talking about?

Wapy

Wapy

Blueheart's sister

Quote by anime-xpthis section sounds like a great idea i think that it should be made because the new members should know what minitokyo was like back when it first started out

that's right... good idea... I've not been in Mt for more than a year and so, but I know it may have changed a lot. It would be a way for everybody to know the site they're into.

Signature Image
Wapy's around.

kokuyu

kokuyu

Quote by DeviletWell I think putting them as retired mods was a way of showing appreciation, and letting people know they WERE mods in the past. It may be a nice idea, but what would they write? and who? Wikipedia used to have an article on Minitokyo, mentioned some history, but now it's gone.

Maybe you can give us a better idea of what history you're talking about?

the 'retired mod' idea is good, but who will remember their contributions as their names can only found in old treads and galleries? (plus, they have long left MT, so they aren't noticed already)
in fact, most changes like New Gallery Section, New BBcode, New Feature: Elite Gallery and MT Servers Move & Maintainence! (just to mention a few) are created by them for everyone's convenience.

i saw that article in wikipedia too, but there're some bias facts there (i've no idea either why it was gone too).

if i were to ask anyone to recall a complete set of retired mods, can they do it? i bet others can't even recall all. ^_^'

but, it's not just mods who should be honoured, everyone, regardless of whatever statuses who have contributed to today's changes.

my view of history here would be a continuous one; from the start of how it was established till today, the changes made, trivia, interesting changes and how it changes your life of anime world :) in other words, CHRONICLES. if you were to visit your country's national museum, you'll see the exhibits of how your country civilization begins till modern era.

so to say, some categories are separated into MT, MT2 and MT3 era for easy references.

i think there should be a separate member appointed to record all these, for the sake of neutral facts too.

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

yeah I think it would be an interesting idea. I mean, I hear people talk about MT2 and how they like or don't like the change to MT3, and I have no idea what they're talking about :D

The problem is time and effort. I mean, who is going to take on this project (presumably someone who's been here for a while), and where? Host it on MT? (like add a section with 'past layouts' or something, like how some sites have?)

ElvishImmortal

ElvishImmortal

Spellweaver

I'm for the idea, but perhaps maybe they could also add a section that shows Wallie's submitted in the past, because many of the good old ones are buried at page like 1000 in the gallery, and they're tough to find. I''m not an artist myself, but i appreciate the talent everyone in this forum has and I love to see the creations they make. Just a thought, but yes, itll be tough for MT to do that, especially with the server space they're working with.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

It sounds like a good idea, but like MapleRose said... time is an issue. It would be nice to hear the history of MT and learn about the members who helped shape it. If you find a group of members who are willing to help out you can always create a Wikispaces page. That way everyone can contribute/edit the info. And when you feel that you've got a comprehensive history, you can ask Sheqel if he would be willing to link it. (Here's a link to the one for Doujinshi Tips: HERE)

Signature Image

kokuyu

kokuyu

Quote by MapleRoseThe problem is time and effort. I mean, who is going to take on this project (presumably someone who's been here for a while), and where? Host it on MT? (like add a section with 'past layouts' or something, like how some sites have?)

i was thinking of 'in mt' too, to be located just beside the Support section, under the name "Archives".

Quote by fireflywishesIt sounds like a good idea, but like MapleRose said... time is an issue. It would be nice to hear the history of MT and learn about the members who helped shape it. If you find a group of members who are willing to help out you can always create a Wikispaces page. That way everyone can contribute/edit the info. And when you feel that you've got a comprehensive history, you can ask Sheqel if he would be willing to link it.

yep, the main problem lies in time + effort, as one has to start from the scratch to get the details.
hmmm.......i'm no idea yet who can expertise and to take care of that ^_^' in this subject. But aside, getting everyone (especially the senior members/staffs) would be a good start as we can get feedbacks on how it should be organised.

since it's a continuing history, i agree with Firefly to create it in Wikispace, and hosted it in this new Archives button located beside Support button.
it's going to be a long construction info, so really, patience is needed ^_^'

for a start, first step is to plan of how the infos shall be separated and categorized. News forum does contain the changes implemented throughout the times.
However, i don't think it should be open to everyone to edit as there might be abuses (like some articles in Wikipedia which have been locked due to same reasons too). i feel if anyone who has some info to share with, he/she can always send it to an appointed staff who would give a check (so to avoid bias or false info) before adding it.

err...sorry, i'm not good in designing website ^_^'

Quote by ElvishImmortalI'm for the idea, but perhaps maybe they could also add a section that shows Wallie's submitted in the past, because many of the good old ones are buried at page like 1000 in the gallery, and they're tough to find. I''m not an artist myself, but i appreciate the talent everyone in this forum has and I love to see the creations they make. Just a thought, but yes, itll be tough for MT to do that, especially with the server space they're working with.

yup, that will be in this plan too :) i noticed that hassle to look for any of the oldest (and antique!) artworks too.

hmmm.....you mean it takes a longer time for MT to upload into the computer?

Signature

in my opinion, i like this idea, cause peoples' efforts should not be wasted, those who have retired are not really noticed, cause me myself i haven't noticed all, i have noticed lots who are retired Mods, but still some are left unknown cause their names don't appear infront of our eyes frequently.
so i think it is a good and great idea, since Minitokyo itself implies that crediting is important, so i think that those who have done effort in improving MT should as well be credited for their work.
very nice idea Koko-chan, it is fair afterall.

kokuyu

kokuyu

Here's the list of retired moderators. I will list them down as a honour so as to ensure they are not forgotten :)

#> shinsengumi
#> Celessa
#> jinzhou
#> GundamZZ
#> jasmine
#> biriwilg
#> jhujhiti
#> shyxsakura
#> Keltosh
#> sammo
#> Osiris
#> OracleAngel
#> Nuriko
#> Kev

Thanks very much to kuroimisa for providing the list :)

Signature

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.