Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 KILL VIRUSES and MALWARE... dangit.. - Minitokyo

KILL VIRUSES and MALWARE... dangit..

page 1 of 1 19 total items

selemental

selemental

GONE. lol

PUH-LEASE help me.

I've been downloading and trying all kinds of different anti-virus and virus protection software to clean it up, but they've all been a bummer. All the ones I tried removed only 2 or a limit to 20 viruses and then you have to pay for it and I can't take it anymore!

My computer has serious problems and has high level threats that often cause my computer to freeze or malfunction!

Please help me, please! >_<

Does anyone know where or what I can download that can protect and/or most importantly KILL these viruses and malware/adware?

I need something FREE. I need it to be compatible with Windows XP.
I need it to have no limit to the amount of viruses and errors it can delete/fix at a time.
And if you can find it, something that can protect my computer well enough.

I know there's no perfect free-one. But please give me the best you can find. :(

Owner of: tou-no-uwaMember of: userpageskindesigns

Chiaki-chan

Chiaki-chan

**Doujinshi L@v3R**

The perfect one is Panda... and you've got it FREE for 1 month... but that's good enough to prove it...

In other words, if u want protection, u've got to buy one, believe me...

Hope this would help u... XD XD XD

Chia-chan :)

Groups I own: kyandee-anime-no-jutsudoujinshi-support-club

Groups I've joined

GreenRanger

GreenRanger

<==The Man under the Helmet.

Hey Selemental :)

I recommend using AVAST to protect you from viruses. It has a 60 day trial period. But it's a good anti-virus program. It can detect viruses from files and stop them from entering your comp and then ask you what you want to do with it.

Like it can even detect viruses created from other files O_O

And also you can scan your computer for viruses before windows starts up, like some parts of windows such as the "system restore point" you can't scan when your in windows.

But not only that it also has a network filter to filter out unwanted junk from the internet.

Here's the site: http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

And here's another good free unlimited program to use for spyware, adware, malware I think, etc. http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

And finally here's another good free program that prevents spyware, adware, etc from entering your comp. It's called Spyware Blaster: http://www.download.com/SpywareBlaster/3000-8022_4-10486084.html

But you have to enable protection for it to work and also it doesn't have to be opened so it can work. It runs in the background I think.

And oh yeah you need to constantly update these programs to get the best protection possible.

Anyways, hope these programs will help ya Selemental :)

Signature
You can't take my powers away Rita, I'm the Green Ranger!

Hey i would recommend Zone Alarm and no it is "not" !free! but you can go to websites that you can download it for free*cough* *looks around* Hmm *whispers* http://torrentspy.com *coughs* Remember you did not see this from me......*looks around again* hope this is helpful

selemental

selemental

GONE. lol

Thanks so much everyone! *sobs in joy* TT_TT me so happy...

I will definitely try all these! Because, this virus thing is serious, I can't even play music in Windows Media Player anymore. TT_TT

Owner of: tou-no-uwaMember of: userpageskindesigns

Another one to your free list. :)

AVG Free Edition
link

When installing, disable "enable of daily scan" IMHO I find that quite annoying, but
if you would like your system to do a virus scan every time you turn on or restart, then
leave it alone.

Also leave it the scan at low-priority, this helps the AV run in the background without
bogging down your entire system.

If you want to do a faster scan, you may change the priority in the task manager.
Priorities available. Low, Below Normal, Normal, Above Normal, High, or Real Time.

Signature

i use mcafee.... or norton 0.o w/e i get my hands on.. to lazy to do things lol xD
.... i put on the alll the basic protection from virus' trojans and spyware.... then i don't bother using them XD.... i do it the easy way out.. reformat XD ( needa do that soon... computer too clunky and messy now )

Klein

The Empty MT Account

Hello, sleet. allow me to provide my professional opinion. lol, i was certified in windows XP eairlier this year. XD

first off.

Although Mcafee is an effective anti virus, its also a memory resource hog and costs alot of money. and Norton is a virus in itself. (with all respect to its users)

I recommend AVG free anti-virus to kill the virus that you currently have on your computer. AVG also has a anti-spyware version of itself (a separate application) However, its not quite as effective as spybot.

lastly, you will need to get rid of ad ware. i recommend the Ad-Aware SE personal addition. its totally free if you download google pack and although AVG updates its virus database daily, you will find that Ad-aware will find one or two ad ware programs that AVG missed if you update frequently enough.

AVG free http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-virus-free/lng/us/tpl/v5

Spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html

Ad-aware SE personal http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

and if you are wondering if this will slow down your computer, its no.
the applications will use resources and slow down your computer only when you decided to scan. (or have it on auto-scan)

these programs i have recommended all work with XP... and they are all free ^_^

good luck, sleet XD

GreenRanger

GreenRanger

<==The Man under the Helmet.

But remember also to only have 1 anti-virus and 1 firewall program install at anytime, cause if you have more than any one of them, they'll conflict with each other :S

Signature
You can't take my powers away Rita, I'm the Green Ranger!

I suggest you try Mcafee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.5, it is powerful, and it can give you a safe enough env. You can download it from this page.
http://www.crsky.com/soft/9071.html
And please remeber one thing, you have never see this message, and you have never know the man who tell you this.

i would suggest reinstalling your operting system, maybe even install a version of linux, comes free with virus protection. If your not interested in that, download avg. Its a good one, much better than mcafee or norton.

yukiyo

yukiyo

.: Autumn In My Heart </3

i use NORTON antivirus - but its not free O_O

aww! i know what its like when the computer malfunctions! mine used to crash on me DD<

but then i got NORTON installed and i havent had any problems since - for about 3 years now

good luck Saku-MINT-chan! this must be really frustrating for you O_O

- [ you can illustrate your death in romance ] </3

AVG Free, Easy to use, and omg! its Free! ^^
ii got avg server edition, but dont see any big difference on it, and ive been usin avg almost 2 years, and got no problem on my pc, , preff AVG free, ^^

To the first post, never go around just downloading anti-virus stuff (you'll get more than you stop)

Stay away from anything that actually has the word (spy) in it unless its SpyBot.

I recommend wikipedia for research and I personally suggest a combo of SpyBot, Avast, and Ad-Aware, which are all free.

Sorry, but I think you're screwed. All of the ones that I've found cost money... If you really need one, just get one of the thirty day trials. They should work for what you need for now... But I would get virus protection ASAP! You need it now a days to protect your computer from all the losers that have nothing better to do... *sigh*

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Avast Antivirus is free. You have to register it to use it properly, but that doesn't cost anything.

Spybot and AD Aware are also strongly recommended.

Incidentally, NEVER EVER trust website banners or windows message boxes going on about how you are infected with dangerous stuff and use scare tactics to get you to accept installs.

Here's a few names to watch out for Also, watch out for SpySherriff. All these will give your computer (and, by default, you) lots of trouble.

I use kaspersky. Kaspersky is an all in one malware protection.

ohhh my pc has 1GB virus wooo and a spyware and an adware so my pc i corrupted... i try AVG but it sucks.. i try McAfee but it is expensive.. Norton not really.. hmmm.. try Regcure.. i think it'll work...

I use NOD32.But you can only have the free one for 30 days...I think MC Afee is a good one to use.(I believe you can scan your computer for free online at this site:http://virusscan.nl.nu/ but I don't know if it's safe...And since I do not use Internet Explorer,but FireFox I can't try it out...)
You need a lot of protection nowadays,just one virusscanner isn't enough.I have antispyware/antiaddware antivirus,firewall and my dad have lots more on his computer...O.o (and even then his computer goes down sometimes....)
Well,I think the antivirusprograms recommended by others here are also very good to try.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.