Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 P-o-R's Next Group Project: Anime Alphabet - Minitokyo

P-o-R's Next Group Project: Anime Alphabet

Group announcement by Paint-o-rama

page 1 of 1 11 total items

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

(I don't have a sexy banner like candy-chan did, so if you wanna make one, contact me somehow and I'll put it up.)

So, our Urban Paradise contest has concluded. And since it seems that people don't want a contest, we'll do a group project instead.

The subject/theme is Anime Alphabet. Members of PoR will make painted wallpapers* from series/artists/studios that begin from each letter of the (English) alphabet** (as categorized by MT). If there's more than one entry for a letter, we can either do a vote-off, or a first-come-first-serve.

Since people want to try their hands at collabs, this aspect is included in the project as well. You may, if you choose to (but don't have to), do a collab wallpaper with another member of PoR***, and it will count as an entry for the letter the series/artist/studios begins with. Since MT doesn't allow you to upload 2 of the same wallpapers, you can decide to upload it under one person's name, or do a semi-collab, where you end up with two versions of similar wallpapers. In the semi-collab case, both wallpapers will count as entries for the letter (ie no vote-off required).

Lastly, since according to alterlier, "life is just pleasant with a simple glass of ice tea", let tea be your inspiration! Otherwise, your wallpaper can be about anything.

Entries will be put on the group page as they are entered, as text links to not clutter the page. Please link to your entries from the group guestbook.

Since this is a project and not a contest, walkthrough/tutorial is optional, although it would be very much appreciated.

This project will go until we have all entries for all 26 letters of the alphabet, or until candy-chan comes back and decides to start a new contest/project.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. If there are any questions, please ask, or post in the guestbook and we can discuss.

N.B.:
* As always, vectoring is fine, as long as most of the wallpaper is painted.
** Series can count under either the official English or Japanese name. eg: Aa! Megami-Sama can count under A or O (for Oh My Goddess!).
- Artists' names can count under either their first or last names. eg: Yoshitaka Amano can count under Y or A.
- If the scan used is has both a series and an artist, the series name will be used. eg: Paradise Kiss by Ai Yazawa would count under P.
- "Other", "Original", "Unknown" will not count. Unless you know the actual name if you post under "Other".
- If you're unsure, post in guesbook, and we'll discuss
*** If the person you're collabing with is not a member of PoR yet, get them to join!

Have fun!

pamkips

pamkips

?????

Oh, yay, fun! :]
Hm....now which letter.....or series

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

I'm quite confused about the alphabet though? :x I didn't really understand about the letter in series. Do you mean something like an example like moonescape starts with "M" so your title has to be something that starts with an "M"?

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

@moonescape: ah no. What I mean is that you can choose any series you want to wall, like say "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle", and once you're finished, your entry will go under "T" for "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle". You can choose any letter you want to enter, as long as it's not already taken. Like for example, after you entered your TRC wall, someone else wants to do a "Tsukihime" wall, he can't because "T" is already taken. (or we can have a vote-off, where the member vote on whether to have your TRC wall stay or the Tsukihime wall stay).

Er, I hope I'm explaining this well ^_^' I don't think I'm good at explaining things....

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Sweeet <3 I will try to get something done for this :D

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

JusticePro

JusticePro

Knight Of Justice

i guess i'll just do the voting~lols~i ain't good at art~

War is not some game to play the hero. Stop making decisions to please yourself. If you have all this power, take responsibility for it
Signature

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

So this is kinda like the 100 themes thing from inoodles? Except with an alphabet?
Lol, who's judging? 'Cause I wanna participate :x

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

@chloe-chan: yup, I guess so ^__^

do we really need a judge? it's not really a contest...

merged: 06-26-2007 ~ 01:40pm
@segnoj: well, you should try it, maybe you are good at it and just don't know it yet XD

I hope more ppl are interested this time ^___^

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Yay! Another project that I won't enter. :( I'm going to be busy, and my artistic ego will be having holidays, so yeah, good luck to all and have fun! :D

Gaara, there's billions of choices! How can you not participate this time...? :(

...are games allowed? (wants to wall for Zelda again Dx)

merged: 07-01-2007 ~ 10:03am
oh, and does anyone want to collab with me? =]

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

yeah games are fine. Basically anything categorized in MT (except Original, Other and Unknown) are allowed

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.