Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mt-Maigetsu: Special No 1 WINTRY WONDERLAND 07-08 - Minitokyo

Mt-Maigetsu: Special No 1 WINTRY WONDERLAND 07-08

Are you going to participate and help me have some faves?

I'm going to use more than one object! :D
28 votes
I'll use ugg boots!
11 votes
I'll use icebergs!
5 votes
I'll use marshmallows!
7 votes
I'll use barber... I mean, candy canes!
14 votes
Nopes, not participating. :(
31 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Mt-Maigetsu

Administrator

Mt-Maigetsu

Fillling you in on the latest.

MTM Wintry Wonderland

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4006/wintrywonderlandle1.jpg

Mai-chan's favourites list is so empty :( To warm it up for this Christmas, she has wrote to Sheqel... uh, we mean Santa :D

She writes,

Quote by Mt-Maigetsu
Dear Sh.. Santa,

I've been really overwhelmed with all the lovely guestbook messages and all the PMs I receive in my inbox! Thank you so much!

I've been a really good girl this year - I've helped make Minitokyo a better place, y'see. But I would like to help Minitokyo even more! (aww isn't she sweet?)

My favourites list is empty! Not to mention, I haven't made a single gallery post to date.

Nee, the problem is that I want stuff that's specific - not just any normal artwork. Can we have a Wintry Wonderland Competition? I'll be very happy to see what the members come up with!

<3 Mai-chan xoxo

Brings tears to the eyes! So here we have it, the Wintry Wonderland!

Your Mission

Create a Wallpaper or Doujinshi containing ONE (or more ;)) of the items below:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1306/01bootsqz8.jpg http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5675/02icebergux7.jpg http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7664/03marshmallowjq0.jpg http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2066/04candycanehx9.jpg

(If you can't see the images, they are UGG BOOTS, ICEBERG, MARSHMALLOW and CANDY CANE) CLICK THE ICEBERG (2nd items) FOR GOOGLE SEARCH RESULTS

It's as simple as that! A wallpaper or doujinshi with one of those. Easy, nee?!

How this works

Doujinshi and Wallpapers are separate categories.
Each category will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. (So that's two winners, sugee!)
So there won't be winners for each object: there will be winners within all the wallpapers we receive, and the same applies to doujinshi :)

From both categories, Mai-chan will select ONE commended entry (only one, okay!)

If there are less than 5 entries for each category (5 wallpapers, 5 doujinshi), Mai-chan will be upset :( She will then merge the doujinshi and wallpapers together so there will only be ONE 1st place, 2nd place 3rd place and commendation.

***EDIT***! RULES: WHO CAN ENTER?

Absolutely EVERYONE can enter. All members of Minitokyo are allowed to enter.
Well okay, if you're restricted and/or muted but you really really really want to enter, you can talk to a mod and ask them what can be done.
But otherwise, moderators and elite members are not excluded from this project.

RULES: WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO ENTER

Simply upload your entry into the Minitokyo Gallery :D

Write in your gallery description MTM WINTRY WONDERLAND 2007-2008. Include a link to the competition thread, too!

Also PM Mai-Chan (Subject: WINTRY WL) with your gallery entry url.

So easy!

RULES: WHAT YOU CAN AND CAN'T DO

- You can use ANY media. That is, you can draw with pencil, pen, charcoal, crayon - anything! Watercolours, paint, graffiti (oh dear lol) - absolutely anything can be used for this competition.
For the digital artists, same goes! Vector, paint - the whole schbang :D
EDIT That means you can do anything. Black and white, monochrome, full colour, comic strips, (create your own) realistic CGs (or use them, provided Mt accepts that type), use scans, draw your own characters, use existing characters: we don't mind. Let your creative juices flow: there are virtually no limits. The only limits we have are the items you must include, and the Minitokyo Policy :)

- You can submit ANY number of entries!
That's right! You can submit 2 iceberg wallpapers, 3 candy cane wallpapers and 2 ugg boot doujinshis if you want. No, really, you seriously can!
Unfortunately though, if you have too many entries and there are too few people to give the prizes around we might have to skip you >w< So everyone, enter!

- All entries must be YOUR work and they must comply with the quality requirements specified in the Policy, of course ;)

- Double the fun? Collaborations are also allowed, but only one of the collaborators can upload it to Minitokyo - so decide amongst yourselves :D

DEADLINE: 31 JANUARY 2008 MIDNIGHT GMT

Trust me, Mai-chan doesn't really know when that is either LOL. But yeah, try to get them in around midnight, 31 January ;)

RULES: THE ITEMS YOU NEED TO INCLUDE

- Mai-chan has a slight aversion to Ugg Boots. If you choose to include them, please make them look pretty <3

- Icebergs are pretty and beautiful chunks of solid freshwater in water, not mountains with snow on top! Google "ICEBERG" to see what beautiful images there are!

- Marshmallows can be pink or white (or any other variation *_*) but we MUST recognise them! They can't just be random blobs lying around! They must be marshmallowy and we must see them!

- Candy Canes are the type you eat - the lights outside a barber don't count XD

- ... You can include more than one item from the list in your entry, if you wish! You can even include all four! But don't blame us if you can't find any ideas :P

MAI-CHAN WILL LOVE YOU FOR THIS

All 1st, 2nd, 3rd and commendation places will receive a gallery comment from Mai-chan. YES!

A gallery comment from Mai-chan D:!

What's more, you'll even get a favourite (aka +fav) from her O__O!

The entries will be featured in the MTM before the results come out, and winners will be featured in the next MTM as announcements.

Winners will also be featured on Mai-chan's userpage for the entire year of 2008. Sweet huh?!

Winners will also get a banner to place on their userpages with the Mai-chan KISS OF APPROVAL. *blushu*

So what are you waiting for?!

HOW YOU WILL WIN?
Don't worry, when we have received all the entries, we will put them together so you can vote on your absolute favourite. That's right! The winners will largely be determined by you, as members. The Mt Staff will also vote for Mai-chan to balance things out :D Keep posted for details on how to vote ;)

(PS: one rule of voting is that it will be public, and that you cannot vote for yourself. Pretty simple, hey hey?)

If you intend to participate, please leave a reply so we know the numbers, by telling us if you are going to do a wallpaper or a doujinshi. You don't need to tell us what item you are planning to include.

And please, do ask questions if you're not sure of anything :D

- From botChii with love <3 xoxo

Signature
	Image(The Policy) A must read! (The Userguide) For day to day living!
(Forum guidelines) Keeping it clean! (Common problems and their solutions) Got you covered!
Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

I'll gladly enter! I'll be making a wallpaper. =D

This sounds great! I'd love to be a part of this!
I'll be making a doujinshi ;)

Excellent work MT - I can't wait to see what the other members come up with!

Just to confirm though (X-P, sorry for the silly question):
But there is only to be two categories - one for Doujinshi and one for Wallpapers. There's not going to be "The best doujinshi containing a candy cane," "The best wallpaper containing an iceberg". etc.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

temarigenius

temarigenius

~Motivation Please <3~

I might enter a Doujinshin if my exams is not on my way~
And I hope it wouldn't~ Even if it did, I'll do it for the sake of Mai-chan~ X3

Signature Image
dgrayman-black-fighters vampire-knight jigoku-tsushin-mt sword-shana-lily
"Within the Truth hides the Lie... Within the Lies hides the Truth." --- Rokudo Mukuro

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Quote by KukuruJust to confirm though (X-P, sorry for the silly question):
But there is only to be two categories - one for Doujinshi and one for Wallpapers. There's not going to be "The best doujinshi containing a candy cane," "The best wallpaper containing an iceberg". etc.

That's not a silly question :D
You're right, there won't be a first place for each item (it will get complicated if you use more than one) - all 4 items (or any combination) in the entire wallpaper category (or doujinshi category) will get 1 winner, the 2nd place and 3rd place.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Geez... I thought it's just some thing from Mai-chan, hehehe! I'm looking forward on the entries. Good luck to the upcoming participants.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

I wuv Mai-chan so I am participating! No doubt about it!

founder of: Vectory
Signature

awww this sounds great and fun :) Good Luck everyone! :D

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

i will have to see if i have time, if not sure i'll join~ will confirm!~ ^^

Signature Image

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Im in...

Signature Image
This day we fight!

shinshinovi

shinshinovi

Non-Descript Living Organism

WTH. O___O
When you guys said 'Doujinshi', do you mean a plain artwork, or, a one-shot comic is allowed? B/W is ok or not? `Cause if it's B/W, I'll do one. :) -fact: I got no money as of this press time to buy my favorite medium: watercolor pencils.-

Anyways, Mai-chan, dun cry... here, have a cookie. =)

Sparda's missing Teacher. No MSG added. pH 9.5.

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

I will definitely wall something for Mai-chan! Someone should make an entry from Popular-chan...

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

Doujinshi here o/
i'll do my best hehe ^^

Signature

Happy Holidays Mai-chan. I can't enter bucause of the busy holidays, family and stuff but hey.. tis' the season.

ITZ ALL GOOD YO.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

I'll definitely make a doujinshi! I might make a wallpaper, too, if that's okay ^_^' This sounds like fun!

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Sounds fun! I'd love to participate for Mai-chan! I hope I have time. If I do enter it will be with a wallpaper :)

Signature

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Wooooo! I'm working on a Christmas wallpaper right now...I should be able to incorporate some of those things! :D

Great idea!

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Quote by shinshinoviWTH. O___O
When you guys said 'Doujinshi', do you mean a plain artwork, or, a one-shot comic is allowed? B/W is ok or not? `Cause if it's B/W, I'll do one

"Doujinshi" just means anything you draw, doesn't matter what you use. It can be just a picture, or I suppose if you want to do a comic, you probably can. B/W I'm pretty sure is okay as well ^__^

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

*gasp* Mai-chan's kiss of approval o_x

I'm in.

miffedplatypus

miffedplatypus

fenixreborn

o_O

A Mai-chan seal of approval?! Sign me up!

I shall see what I can do. <3

"Mythology is psychology misread as biography."-Joseph Campbell
"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere."
— Albert Einstein
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."-Cicero

well... ill make an iceberg for cool myself. terra isn't plain, when you people are in winter, my season is summer. although thats better that dont have season ^_^

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

Regarding the itams .... the part with the artwork containing them ... Is it OK if it has 'em in the form of a pattern ... like a background ore are they suppose to be a part of it like a complete different item?

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Quote by kykyopjRegarding the itams .... the part with the artwork containing them ... Is it OK if it has 'em in the form of a pattern ... like a background ore are they suppose to be a part of it like a complete different item?

It's best that they are integrated in the wallpaper and not just added on (it means for greater creativity, too!)

But we're not too fussed if you use it as a pattern at the back: as long as we can recognise the item, and it fits in, it should be fine :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

shinshinovi

shinshinovi

Non-Descript Living Organism

Looks like a competition is set.
I'm in.

Oh yeah, kykyopj-dono, try a semi-abstract work. You're good with that, ayt? :3

Sparda's missing Teacher. No MSG added. pH 9.5.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.