Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What happened to some groups ? - Minitokyo

What happened to some groups ?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

Hello :)

I was a mod for these groups : ecchi-club, fate-rebirth, and mahoushoujolyricalnanoha. I'm not in these groups anymore.

The groups seem to be deleted now. WHat happened ?

You will take proper responsibility for killing me -- Arcueid Brunestud, Shingetsutan Tsukihime

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

top 20 largest groups on MT have been deleted by a hacker that plaid with our community yesterday
we hope for the best..that S has a back up of the site ~_~

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

shinshinovi

shinshinovi

Non-Descript Living Organism

It freaked me out.
What the hell happened? Any announcements? D:

Sparda's missing Teacher. No MSG added. pH 9.5.

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

No official announcements although what's happened should be quite obvious. The groups were deleted by someone who hacked the site, and for your information, S isn't responsible for the backing up of the site. At this point nothing can be said until the server admin has been properly contacted.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

ic... thats not very good.....

Signature Image

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

Ah, so that's related to the hacking... :( :( :(

You will take proper responsibility for killing me -- Arcueid Brunestud, Shingetsutan Tsukihime

DeHackEd

DeHackEd

Busy screwing with causality

DeHackEd strikes again!

my group CLANNAD-Fans also got deleted~ -.-

Signature
clannad-fans ayahirano-fans haruhisuzumiya-sos-dan rosario-vampire

auel1124

auel1124

I will fly with broken wings...

so it was a hacker? now it`s difficult, but I wish the groups could be restored soon

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

And KyoAni-Fans was deleted ;_;

Signature

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

Quote by templamy group CLANNAD-Fans also got deleted~ -.-

seems like even new groups are not exceptional. the bloody hacker targets the largest, then randomly plays with anything under his pleasure :(

merged: 01-13-2008 ~ 09:58am

Quote by DeHackEdDeHackEd strikes again!

lol~ you sounded like a prime suspect XD ok, just joking X-P ^_^'

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

It appears that yuri lovers and doujinshi support club are gone as well. This also may explain why this site loaded so slowly for me yesterday...

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

Wow! good thing that someone brought up this thread. I was really shocked to find two of my groups disappearing from the list. I thought it's a bug or something ^_^' I refreshed the page several times and when the groups didn't show I began worry. Jeeez...[Sight] it's relief to have some answers . I hope that this problem will be solved soon. And frankly this is the most obnoxious and terrible thing one can do to disturb a community.

Cobalt-Phoenix

Cobalt-Phoenix

-Phoenix of the Blue Flame-

What I would like to know is: has the hacker's IP address been banned so he/she can't do this as easily again?! o_0

DeHackEd

DeHackEd

Busy screwing with causality

Actually what I was SUPPOSED to have implied was that I did something good. A number of groups have been restored, including Tsubasa. Unfortunately, I had to work from a slightly old database backup and as a result, relatively new groups that got deleted are perma-dead. Or at least I can't restore them directly.

To DarkSerge2000: banning an IP address will do little good. These days such a thing is trivial to work around. Sheqel said he's figured out the cause and has fixed the flaw in the first place. I'm just waving my magic stick around and letting it do as much good as it can.

zaira

zaira

call me tuna!

waaaah! i'm so gald and happy that my TSubasa group is back in 1 piece! XD
and also my other groups XD XD thanks DeHackEd-sama for restoring it!
now i guess i'm going to ask to delete my Tsubasa and Sword-shana-lily groups which are REMAKE to avoid confusion ^_^' ehehe

i feel sorry to those new groups which are created and got perma-dead but i'm sure you guys can create a new one which are few members since they are new.

Signature
soul-eater-shibusen sword-shana-lily tsubasa clampfans

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

So that's what happened. I just thought one of the groups I joined got deleted because the admin did it XD

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Yeah, whatever group was largest or most growing got deleted... ah well. As long as the problem is fixed long-term is all that matters. It could of been much worse.

My only complaint is I had to browse through the messy forum to find out what was happening.

Cobalt-Phoenix

Cobalt-Phoenix

-Phoenix of the Blue Flame-

Quote by DeHackEdTo DarkSerge2000: banning an IP address will do little good. These days such a thing is trivial to work around. Sheqel said he's figured out the cause and has fixed the flaw in the first place. I'm just waving my magic stick around and letting it do as much good as it can.

Well, I know that's not the best way, but it helps....sometimes. :\ However, as long as Sheqel has fixed the problem, I suppose things will be better off now.

Ooo! :o Magic stick?! Crap, I want one of those! XD X-P

Quote by DeviletIt could of been much worse.

Oh yeah, it could have! I'm just glad to see that MT is still alive and kicking! :) Besides, as long as the group's administrators kept a backup of their group's data, there shouldn't be much of a problem. Just have everyone rejoin. ^_^'

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

HaruhiSuzumiya-SOS-Dan is still functioning, however all it's admins and members have been removed. Is there anyway to restore that part of it?

merged: 01-13-2008 ~ 05:08pm
I would like to point out that if you had a newly created group that can not be recovered from this incident AND you did not make a backup of your custmomized content (shame on you) if you act quickly you can use Googles cached pages to recover your content code.

I'd also like to say that the "backup" of MT was available before the Hacking even if the two are related. I was pointed in it's direction a few days before all this occured here.

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

2 of my groups have been restored and the back up is from 8/9 weeks ago I know that because of the aspirant members that I found
bwt littlejonny100 thanks for the info
the BW-TB group and Ecchi-club are fine now

most of the small groups that remain intact after the attack have this problem fluke
from 20 groups (my Joined Groups list) just 5 or so are ok o.O for now

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

YoruAngel866

YoruAngel866

you spin me round round @_@

omg my group "dark-wallers" was deleted,and i made it 2 weeks ago!why?

merged: 01-13-2008 ~ 05:55pm
Also group blood-plus

Its only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours-Oblivion
yuukine@ap, oh yeah its changed and im not vampireprincessyuuki anymore.have that in mind.
Signature Image

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

I don't log in for a week and the site's gone to hell.What's the deal? Seems all the fun stuff happens when I'm not around (j/k)

I'm curious as to who the pathetic lowlife that attacked the site was and why.I was told some things by our dear Dianas yesterday,but I'm wondering why the chump decided to go all out on the site instead of the person he wanted revenge on.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Quote by YoruAngel866omg my group "dark-wallers" was deleted,and i made it 2 weeks ago!why?

merged: 01-13-2008 ~ 05:55pm
Also group blood-plus

Do you read anything before you post or just start shooting as soon as you open the door?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.