Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Welcome to... ANIWOOD! - Minitokyo

Welcome to... ANIWOOD!

Group announcement by Vector-Wallers

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1858/aniwood2ra5.jpg
Coolio banner by Sinever

That's right! Sinever and I agreed that it's been too long since our last contest, so we came up with this!

So, what's this contest about?

This contest is all about Hollywood. Choose any real movie and make an anime version of it!
Here are some other ideas: Pick your favorite scene from your favorite movie and wall it! Wall your favorite action scene, favorite kiss, favorite death scene, etc etc!
(Example: BrokeBack Geass [Yup...I'm not kidding] by Kitten )
Also acceptable covers:
- Posters
- DVD covers
- Advertisement

^ One (or more) of the above must be incorporated into your wallpaper if you chose not to do a scene (see Kitten's wall) from a movie. So instead, you can do like: DVDs of the chosen movie lying on a desk, posters promoting the movie outside a movie theater, etc etc.

Regulations
- Minimum size: 1280x960
- Either the character or background (or both) must be vectored.
- 1 wallpaper per waller
- No collaborations for this contest
- Be as creative as you can!

Movies that ARE NOT allowed
- Movies that are based on an anime/manga (example: the live-action Death Note movie, and live-action Sailor Moon movies) are not allowed. So, you can't wall your favorite scene from the Death Note live-action movie. Get it?
- Movies that were already anime (example: Spirited Away etc etc because then all you'd have to do was vector a screenshot from your favorite scene :\ . Do some research to make sure what is and what isn't a movie).
- Movies that you made up in your head XD

Movies that ARE allowed
- Any actual movie (this includes movies by Disney/Pixar, animation movies (example: Lion King, Snow White)) BUT you must remember that the wallpaper must feature anime!

Deadline is Friday, June 27th. Send all entries, with a small description about which movie and/or movie scene you're doing, to Sinever through PM.

If you're not sure whether the movie you've chosen is acceptable, feel free to either PM me or Sinever ;)

@ Sinever: I extended the deadline by a week! Feel free to make any changes to the above ;)

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

hard... *twitch twitch* will try,but umm... hard... *feels stupid*

founder of: Vectory
Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Lol, never thought our Brokeback Geass wall would become an example XD

Sounds like fun =D It has to be a Western/Hollywood movie I'm guessing? Does it have to be live-action (ie are Disney or Pixar films qualified)?

merged: 04-16-2008 ~ 04:38am
oh yeah, can we do collabs?

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Any film is allowed (Disney/Pixar as well), but scenes from movies like the live-action Death Note movie is not allowed since it's based on the manga/anime.
I'll edit the description to expand on what kind of movies are/aren't allowed.

Signature Image

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

Eh, seems kinda hard.... but I'll try to come up with something. This should be fun. :B

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

hey gotta question
does movies based on books or novels count too?

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

^ Yup, Movies based on a novel are allowed. Though is you do something from say, Howl's Moving Castle, don't just vector your favorite scene.

Signature Image

minamiyukihimenonaka

minamiyukihimenonaka

taken account!

Mmmm...i'm bit confused, but still interesting. I want ask, are clannad categories allowed? But i'll modify it with western style, and cowboy outfit. That's accept?

going lower surpass the higher.

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Wow! Sounds super interesting!
I have some cool ideas but I lack of time so I don't know if I can make it =/

I gotta a question, can we use classic movies? (like the clockwork orange?)

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

ANY movie (as long as it's an actual movie) is useable!
And yes, Clannad scans are allowed. You can use any scans to make your wallpaper. I'm actually working on something right now to give as an example.

Signature Image

rubenz

rubenz

Asucaga Fan and Vector Addict

Kind of confusing, so hmm just example movie like 'Enchanted' is it allowed?

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

^ Yup, as long as you use some anime scans =)

Signature Image

dementia

dementia

Glare

for example (I'm not going to use, but what about Miwa Shirow's drawing of V?) would that count..
You know it is hard, but I already have a bunch of ideas..

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

Okay, a little confused.... but can we alter the scans we use... like majorly? For instance, so I take a scan of Vash from Trigun, but make his coat black, and change the shape of his shades and use it as a Matrix wallpaper. That's be okay, right?

Okay, maybe that's not so major, but what I really mean is: Does the anime series have to be recognizable in the finished work? Obviously the movie would need to stand out, but could we change someone's hair color and skin color to aid us in our transformation of anime into film?

I hope that made sense.... =S

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

@Dementia: V? Is that a movie? Can you get me any info on it?

@dslassey: Yup, changing the scan is fine (actually, it's encouraged. The more creative you are, the better the judging will be!)
And anyway, if you do use Vash but change his clothes/hair/skin, whatever, you'd still have to submit it under "Trigun", so it'd still be "recognizable" ;)

Signature Image

Sinever

Sinever

VK Freak

minna its not that difficult :D
just think of your favorite movie & which scene you liked the most & use anime pictures to represent it :D
so open your mind & let your imagination goes wild XD
thanks chloe-chan for everything :)

WATCH OUT! VK FREAK IS HERE! xD MUHAHAHAHAHA!

dementia

dementia

Glare

@ Chloe-chan: V For Vendetta, comic book made into a film.
V by Miwa Shirow

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

Alrighty, thanks Chloe-chan! I better get started.... a month might not be as long as it seems to come up with something worthy of submitting. ^^;

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

Sounds hard... I'll see what I can do

Signature

Sounds really hard, but interesting =)

Hey

Sounds really tough. I may give this a shot, but I'll see how busy I am, plus I'm slowly working on another wall, so I may not have time!

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Now this will definitely be a challenge for me, I've never done anything like this before XD
Better get to work and find a movie then. Sounds difficult but I'll try to pull it off. Thank you for the extended deadline :)

merged: 04-17-2008 ~ 02:58am
Oh, and I have a question: are we allowed to modify the anime image/background of the wall or do they have to be exactly like in the movie poster/screencap/etc.?

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

I have another question.... what if the image is from an artbook or something? Like, I found a perfect picture, but I'm pretty sure it's not from an anime. So should I find a new picture that's actually from an anime? :B

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Quote by dementia@ Chloe-chan: V For Vendetta, comic book made into a film.

Yup, that's acceptable since the original was a comic book series by some Brits.

Quote by pandemonium91Oh, and I have a question: are we allowed to modify the anime image/background of the wall or do they have to be exactly like in the movie poster/screencap/etc.?

You can modify it as much as you want, just try to get something from the scene/movie into the wall.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get the background to look EXACTLY like the movie /screencap etc etc so do the best you can with what you've got!

Quote by dslasseyI have another question.... what if the image is from an artbook or something? Like, I found a perfect picture, but I'm pretty sure it's not from an anime. So should I find a new picture that's actually from an anime? :B

You mean like, (example) art from Carnelian that isn't from a game/series? That's perfectly fine!
You can use any scan as long as it follows the Policy ;)

Again, if you're unsure whether the movie/scan would be acceptable, don't hesitate to ask!

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.