Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of scan 684157 - Minitokyo

Deletion of scan 684157

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Missty-chan

Missty-chan

Tales of fan

Hello.

My picture 684157 was delete today. I just don't understad why.
The scan didn't contains excessive artifacts and wasn't enlarged.
By the way, it came straight from the official website of the serie. I took it there and didn't modify it.
Then, it mean that this website delete material even when it came from officials and is large enough? I don't understand that.

PS : I don't know why this is tagged under "Eden Eternal" since my picture was from K project and it was what I add in the first place.

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

Hi,
actually your scan has been deleted due to jpeg artifacts, they are especially visible in the light colored areas like the characters' skin and the blonde hair.
I know that it's from the official website and that it hasn't been modified, but don't always the official digital pieces have good quality, sometimes they have lot of artifacts.
In general we are more strict with digital art because for their own digital nature they shouldn't have artifacts, we allow instead a certain amounts of them when it comes to scans.

(The "Eternal Eden" tag is a bug, I've removed the tag, but it's impossible to tag it with the proper "K Project" tag, sorry for the inconvenience.)

Missty-chan

Missty-chan

Tales of fan

Even if there were artifacts (but I must be blind since I didn't see any), it was still official. So I can't agree with you, sorry. Personaly, if I came here, it's to find officials pictures easily (I don't need to seach on a lot of websites).
I can understand the fact that you want good quality pictures but when it came straight from an official website....
I really can't understand that so I'll stop sending pictures here.

Thank you for your answer nonetheless.

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

Even if it's official, it doesn't mean than we have to accept it even when it has artifacts or it's poor quality, it has to meet the minimum standard quality like any other scans.
Indeed we accept all the official digital images that have good quality.
I'm sorry you can't understand. If you don't want upload anymore here, it's your choice and we respect it.

Missty-chan

Missty-chan

Tales of fan

Yeah. That's right. The quality was sooooooooooo poor that we can't even see characters faces. Laughable.
Don't say it as if I send some google made picture. It was from an official website and was large enough. I didn't send a post-it with poor colors either.

You can't be more sorry than I am. I'll let sends to those who can understand your elitist choices and standards.

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

It doesn't seem to me that I've said something like that. The characters' faces are perfectly visible but nevertheless full of jpeg artifacts.
I've just explained the reason of the deletion.

Missty-chan

Missty-chan

Tales of fan

They are perfectly visible and official but it was still not good enough for your elitist website. I perfectly understand that.
Sorry but I'm not the elitist type.
Like I said, I'll let it to people who love and understand it.

By the way, I have nothing against you. At least, you answer me and take some time to do it. That's great.

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

I don't think that having minimum quality standard requirements means being an elitist website, it simply means wanting to keep a certain quality overall and avoid being a dump image site.

It's ok, it's your right to complain about a deletion, this thread exists for this reason.

Missty-chan

Missty-chan

Tales of fan

It is when the "minimum quality standart" reject official stuff. :)
Or, at the very least, it is for me.

By the way, but I know it must be hard to do : you should moderate pictures before they appeared on the website. That way, it will be easier to know what is good or not.

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

Well, the minimum standards are for all images uploaded here, therefore also for official works.

Yeah, but not particularly.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Going to post this here for future references.

The site standard has nothing to do with whether work is official or not which allows it into the gallery. After reading the replies here, it seems you didn't understand that clearly so I'm spelling it out for you now.

If official works has too many jpeg artifacts on it, it gets deleted IRREGARDLESS of being official or not. The FAQ and general site inquiry has clearly stated that jpeg artifact work is and will be prone to being deleted when reviewed by the staff. Whether this is considered elitist to you does not matter because this is the rule of thumb applied to images already being hosted.
People don't like the president but you still live under their rules or you move out of the country.

I'm unsure of what the problem is that brought on the concept of elitism but I'm also well aware you're misusing the word or have no idea how to use it in context.

Either way, I, as well as many others, will be saddened that standards have turned you away from the site. Whether by your stated inabilities to see errors or by the bar being too high for you to climb over that you ended up quitting instead, I apologize on behalf of the staff and hope that you will find your place elsewhere.

As the thread has fulfilled its purpose and the user who made it has opted to leave the site, I am closing this thread as the discussion has reached it's end.

All the best to you!

Lexicon

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.