Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 waaah, SAT no fun zone!!! >.< - Minitokyo

waaah, SAT no fun zone!!! >.<

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Well I haven't come back to chat with my cutie friends for awhile and look at everyone’s work as much as I want to because of a evil college entrance exam call SAT and SAT II & ACT. >.<

Pika-chan is still a Jr. in HS so I’m okie still I think but I have took 2 SAT this year so far just to be sure that I can get a goodie happy good good grade so I don't have to worry as much for next year. Lol. ^.^

I got my score for the first one I took and it was a 1260 total. *1600* max score. *760 on English* & *500 on Math* late Math! *Steps & Jumps on Math book* >.<

Well At least I have till now to next year to improve on my Math. *stuck in Adv. Algebra* >.< well me likes to complain about this evil American college system but I know in a lot of different parts of the world, its a lot harder then here. But oh weee... lol. For those people & friends of mine that has or had to go through this evil test system, I was wondering how you guys did, and how many tries did you attempted this test? mwhahaha *Evil pika laugh* mehehehe lol. ~~~<3

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

wow...u studied........i wish i did i bought a sat book got to like chapter 7 review and took the test.....i didnt finish HS but wanted to go to colledge ive always liked school till i relized it was the same thing over and over i got bored and droped out in 10th grade....got my ged and took the sat i scored a 910 first time........i was surprised my aunt scored a 800 heeheh and she finished school.....n-e wayz....dont sweat the test dont rush and if u dont know just skip
u get more points for the harder ones thats what i did i and im sure u could do way better than i did......

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

CrabbyCandy

CrabbyCandy

~Be free~

hehe, pika chan, don't even worry about it. ^__^ I got like a 1180 when I took my exam back then and I'm still in a college. lol. well for your score right now, you can get into some fine college already and you are only a jr too. ^__^ so don't sweat it okay.

~Be free~
Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Talk about something that can stress you out hardcore.......Oh that was the most fun I've ever had....I should of relaxed alot more and gotten more rest than I did... But nonetheless you must have confidence in yourself. If you study and believe in yourself and go in with a positive attitude about it, I guarentee you'll increase your score majorly. Rather than hardcore studying and freaking out about it... But its natural becuase everyone does. Its the freggin' SAT's. Like Crabby said though, no worries about it.

Being perfectly honest someone thats a junior getting 1260 is really quite good. Think of how much better you'll do your senior year. I'm willing to bet alot of money on that too. So be positive about it! I hope you can get some more free time in the future too. Until then try not to overwork/stress yourself out. =D

Signature Image

this is why i think americans should have voted for Nader. Not only dose he want to get rid of standardized testings, but he also wants to make weed leagal. it's win win with that stoner.

DigiSaberX

Happy and Lucky ^_^

Quote by NathanBONGthis is why i think americans should have voted for Nader. Not only
dose he want to get rid of standardized testings, but he also wants to
make weed leagal. it's win win with that stoner.

wow thats alittle extreme there pal. XD taking out standardized testings is one thing but giving the weeb guys what they want is too much. XD

yea, I was thinking of taking some this school year *I'm a Jr in HS too.* ^_^ but i think is still a long way from actually needing to be allthat worry about it. ^__^ just chill and do good in school. =D

Signature

Droknar

the Socially Inept

A 1260 is nothing to sneeze at. It's still above average, and it'll get you into most mainstream universities no problem.

My best was a 1310. I took it Junior year and got a 1304, then got the 1310 Senior year. I decided one year and 4 points difference was enough standardized testing for me, and I gave up after that. I was a bit different though, with a 700 on math and a 610 verbal.

Quote by NathanBONGthis is why i think americans should have voted for Nader. Not only dose he want to get rid of standardized testings, but he also wants to make weed leagal. it's win win with that stoner.

Legalization of illegal substances and an abolishment to a necessity in the determination of college applications in the u.s.? So using a broad generalization, kids will be high and won't get into college. How does this help the American education system in any way, shape or form? Our education system is bad enough as it is. We need reform and funding, not weed and a reason for kids to slack off. Both Kerry and Bush had better education plans than that. But I digress. Leave the political commentary to political threads, not someone's thread about testing.

"Can you translate that to English please? I'm not fluent in Dumbass." -Mafus

Well, a hint you could follow is, now that you have a good verbal score, for the next test, concentrate on math. You can always mix and match your scores.

Signature Image

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

woooo 1260 as a Jr. you rock pika-chan. ^^ and don't worry you score higher than my sis already and she got in UCB w/o a problem, not sure how the east coast school works but you'll do fine. XD

Quote: Our education system is bad enough as it is......

I can so agree you on this one. our education system cannot be fix by simply dump money in it and expect to get better. XO and now with this no child left behind plan up which is suppose to help school gets better, the school itself now just decide to let all the stuggling kids go "rather give up the kids! then even bother to try" so yea... this is what the american tax dollars goes to when it comes to education! XO

at least University level is still fairly good. But at this point I don't expect our 1-12 grade kids able to do any better when it comes to matching with kids from most other nations which is actually kind of sad. XO

Signature

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Noooooooooooo! Poor Pikapika got a 500 in math?! ;_;

i hate ADV Algebra too. I'm failing my tests and homework that I have to stay after school to study. >_>

But you did really well on this test! =O 1260/1600! I'll prolly get something lower than that, lol

I haven't tried this test yet, except for a pre-sat. lol a friend of mine said this about the test:

"we Americans are so stupid, we have to take multiple choice tests in order to prove we actually learned something :P"

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Quote by AthrunNoooooooooooo! Poor Pikapika got a 500 in math?! ;_;

i hate ADV Algebra too. I'm failing my tests and homework that I have to stay after school to study. &gt;_&gt;

hehe yea, I hate math, its the only subject I'm not doing well. T_T

Quote by Frostywoooo 1260 as a Jr. you rock pika-chan. ^^ and don't worry you score
higher than my sis already and she got in UCB w/o a problem, not sure
how the east coast school works but you'll do fine. XD

UCB where's that? lol. is that UC Berkeley? ^.^

Quote by DroknarA 1260 is nothing to sneeze at. It's still above average, and it'll get
you into most mainstream universities no problem..

I kind of know what you mean Droknar, but in today's standard almost everyone who is apply to the somewhat better school has a 1200+ score, very much only those who has around a 1400 gets the good schools. t_t

i was aiming at Dartmouth College, Lehigh University, or maybe even travel abit to the west coast to go to UC Berkeley or ucla. lol. XD *all the top schools* I'm dreaming. lol. XDMy gpa is only 3.3, 3.4 avg. T_T

Thats all a dream. >_> Its so hard to get into the top school in the country. T_T I'm also thinking apply to Syracuse University since is kind of closer to where I live but it would be really bad living at home when I go to college. XD

Quote by CrabbyCandyhehe, pika chan, don't even worry about it. ^__^ I got like a 1180 when
I took my exam back then and I'm still in a college. lol.

hehe but candy-chan you are like almost done of course no worries for you XP

I get above average on every curriculum but dont know total score.

Hey, I'm a junior too, I'm going through the same mess. Interesting though, because my PSAT score is practically the same as your SAT one, cept with the Verbal and Math switched around :D

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

congrats on the test scores Pikapika. :)
back in the day i got around a 1300 or so. see the problem with that test is it doesn't properly guage intellectual capacity.

for instance Pikapika may i suggest [if you can afford to do this] take the SAT's once and don't even bother reading the quesitons. that's right choose randomly - i guarantee you will score over 1000+/ i have even read of some scoring in the 1300+ range.

they should abolish that test. anyhow good luck on your future endeavors.

[NathanBong] all Nader did was help Bush steal the victory from Kerry.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.