Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Doom movie newsflash - Minitokyo

Doom movie newsflash

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

Recently there was some information released on the Doom movie. A lot of fans became quite mad about it not being like the games were. They pointed their fingers at Dave Callaham, the movies scriptwriter.
Today, an open letter from Dave to the fans got published, explaining why the Doom movie will be like they state it would.
You can read the whole letter here

sanmadjack

sanmadjack

Tube tops are too cylindrical

I can understand his want to create an extension, rather than an adaptation of Doom. That's what the first Resident Evil movie was, and I really liked that movie. I thought it was cool taht it was an extra chapter of the story, as opposed to a chapter that'd already been done. But the Doom movie can't be an extension of the Doom universe if the bad guys aren't even demons! The entire premise of the game was battling the denizens of hell. Maybe if it's a movie that occurs after the events in the Doom games, maybe then it could still be part of the Doom universe, but itd be sorta pointless, as that demonic mini-war was all that there really was to doom (plotwise).

Signature
Registered Linux user 395626
Hi-Res Icons - http://www.rabiez.tk/
Want a gmail address? Let me know, I've got invites coming out of my butt!

calibretto23

calibretto23

Open your eyes...

Well he said that all the things we like about doom will be represented in the movie... does that mean that demons will play a part? we can only hope so... I could understand the want to make it another chapter... but there is a main difference between the doom games and games like resident evil. In RE you controlled a character with its own personality and short commings... the doom games always went the mile to make it feel like it was you... you were the character.. You were the only thing that could save the world from the rampaging legions of hell.. and i like that quality.. but how on earth do you film an entire movie in First person without making the audiece seasick?

Signature Image

------------------------------------

Proud Member of:
|Hardcore-gamers| |Dub-Lovers-Group| |Fight-Club| |MT-singles| |FinalFantasyFans| |Samurai|

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Well, you're closer to the release of the DOOM movie, and the only person I know in the cast is the Rock. So now what do you think of that?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.