Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Game/s of the year? - Minitokyo

Game/s of the year?

page 1 of 1 18 total items

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

I didn't see this thread, so I thought I'd start it. =)
Whats your favourite game/s of this year? Mine would be a clash between Tales of Symphonia and Metroid Prime 2. Both games are the best games on the gamecube, but if I picked one, ToS gets my vote. Other highlighted games would be GTA: SA and Halo 2 of course. If only Metal Gaer was out in this country. :(

So discuss your fave games of this year.

Signature

yieloon

yieloon

#1 Slacker

half life 2....

This game is seriously good since i dont play fps much. The atmosphere is there and the AI are great and of course u would have cs source.

Signature

They say that god arranged relationships, but men created separation.

Kyuzo1

Kyuzo1

Nobody likes me...

Hmmm. difficult question -_-
Halo 2? Tales of symphonia? Final Fantasy X-2? Or maybe burnout 3? Why not all? XD
Or onimusha 3? whaa... i play to much games XD

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

Yes a very difficult question especially if you have all three systems.
Xbox: Tie between Halo2, Dead or Alive Ultimate and kotor 2
Gamecube: Tie between Tales of Symphonia, Metroid Prime 2 and Phantasy Star Online III c.a.r.d revolution

Half-Life 2 hands down. I have no doubt in my mind it will win GOTY from a majority of all the major vendors

Sythe

Sythe

Heretic

Game of the Year for this year is probubly Need for Speed Underground 2. I have some other games but this year the games really suck.

Signature
Do you know what Art is?

My favs this year are DOOM 3, Tales Of Symphonia, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time. HL2 was a huge disapointment. I enjoyed the first one, but the second one was severely lacking in story development. The halo series, not really into these game, mainly because the design of the main character is an obvious ripoff of the DOOM space marine.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by Bateau HL2 was a huge disapointment. I enjoyed the first one, but the second one was severely lacking in story development. The halo series, not really into these game, mainly because the design of the main character is an obvious ripoff of the DOOM space marine.

You know I have to say I agree with you practally on everything. Though I have to be honest to say that Doom 3....Well it was really enjoyable for me but I felt lacking.....as for Half Life 2.....Oh you couldn't of nailed the hammer any harder...To be honest I just felt....bleh about the first one. I mean it was so fun....but the story was kinda all over the place and you were all over the place and trying to figure out what was what....sure it was challenging but I don't wanna have to sit down and try and solve a puzzle while I kill things....I found myself weary of the game. HL2 does this and then some. Visuals are simply stunning....to be honest I prefer the visuals in HL2 over Doom 3. Also, in Doom3 you know people haven't heard of duct taping a flash light onto a gun, so yeah I can't really be pleased about that. Both games excel.....I was just deeply saddened by them both.....but HL2 would get my vote....because I saw alot of changes that I wanted to see and dispite the lacking of, it was easily filled by the most freedom I've ever seen in a FPS.....ever.

Another thing I disagree about is, now I gotta say this because I found it humerous, but Master Cheif wasn't based off of the Doom space marine....Its more of the Mac version of Doom, except its much different plot wise and I found it to be more interesting than Doom's plot. I won't even began to get into how long they've been doing space games.....but I can tell you for a fact that its about as long as Doom. How come its never been that popular? It was for the Mac. That alone answers the question. =P

I apologise if I offended anyone by going after Bateau (I repsect your opinion....but I wanted to clear up the Halo fact because I LOVE Bungie, I've been a huge Doom and Marathon (The doom killer for the mac) fan since I was a child. ). I was just stating a few additions onto what you said. Though I do agree with you.

Anyways I'll make my list so it can be torn apart by someone =p.

pc : Half Life 2 (Sorry, I just have to say that the freedom and the fact that I could actually see was better, since I don't have a computer that can run either how do I know this? Played at a friends house. Plus dispite overall...I gotta say that Half Life's story is alot better than Doom's...which, no offense, is barely anything new from whats already been established over the years. I was hoping for something MUCH more.)

XBox : FPS - Halo 2 (This is obvious, though everyone hates it....since the 'first one was better' well the majority of people do.)

RPG - Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic 2 (This was a given too. Since Sudeki and Fable both failed to live up to their reputations).

Playstation 2 : FPS - Killzone (Called the Halo killer for PS2, this game took me by surprize).

Adventure - Metal Gear Solid : Snake Eater (Third and final installment that Hideo will be doing for the series. Though it will be continued.....I don't think I'll be able to ever play the series anymore though......This game is sheer brilliance. I love the MGS series and this game is possibly the most addictive and by far most challenging of them all).

RPG - (tie)Star Ocean Till the End of Time (Dispite the fact that I was greatly dissapointed with how Enix (since it was the last game Enix produced before becomming joined with Squaresoft) and Tri-Ace made this game....I still think its the best PRG this year).
- (tie)Shadow Hearts : Coveant (I was truly impressed with this game, I love the series and I thought they did a wonderful job improving the graphics as well as the battle system. Not to mention keeping me still very interested with its interesting plot. Its by far the best in the series of three. Great Gothic style RPG).

Gamecube : FPS/Adventure - Metriod Prime 2 (I gotta count it as more of a FPS simply because of the view, but its more of a combo adventure, this game is increadable and gives you more use of the ball tech. (Sorry I'm not very descriptive) ).

RPG - Tales of Symphonia (This was increadably obvious. Not only did this game take me by storm, but I think its by far the best Tales game I've ever played next to Tales of Phantasia. Brilliant plot, possibly the best voice overs I've heard (which was a breath of fresh air) in a game, and visuals that just made you sit there and stare. Thats not even counting the re-vamped battle system (now in 3D instead of the old side scroller, hooray) and extras. This is a MUST for ANY gamecube owner, the only reason I could see someone hating this game is if they hated anything that was good, or didn't have a taste for RPG's).

Anyways, thats it *Bows* Thank you.

Signature Image

Half-Life 2 hahaha

DaRC

DaRC

ecchi84K4

Warhammer 40k - Dawn of War.

Half Life 2 is Over Rated.... better than Doom 3 but in the end its still just a sequel! i actually prefer Halflife on the HL2 Engine!

~[url='http://groups.minitokyo.net/ecchi-club/']ecchi-club[/url]~[url='http://groups.minitokyo.net/jpopfans/']jpopfans[/url]~[url='http://groups.minitokyo.net/asian-pride/']asian-pride[/url]~
**[url='http://www.nemuineko.9k.com']My Artworks[/url]**

I haven't played Half-life 2 so i really don't know if it is the best game of the year but for my money its golden eye just because i am a sucker for the og golden eye for the N64 .

Sanyu

Sanyu

Riding on the Wind

I'd go with Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
But I haven't gotten hold of MGS3 yet so, that may be better

nfsu1 the best game of last yer :) :) :) :)

Yunsung

Yunsung

Who smokes the blunts?

Hmmm I would type GTA: San Andreas and Halo 2 (those are my fav games)

Laserowa korekcja wady wzroku <- moja strona na temat korekcji wzroku metoda PRK/LASEK

World of Warcraft and Space Rangers 2 !!!

Spikexp

Truth Seaker

Need for Speed 2: Undergound and Halo 2

Where I fight, I fight alone, where I walk, I walk alone.

Each of us needs a quest, and a person without one is lost to himself

Due to recent cutbacks, and until further notice, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Ganks

Two Eyed Bandit

World of Warcraft takes my vote i've never seen an MMO i could get so involved in.

metal gear solid 3

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.