Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Have you found yourself? - Minitokyo

Have you found yourself?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Kind of a stupid question but i just wanted to ask really....Its not a question of being lonely in the world as we know it or anything but about [Self realization]. Ever felt like you were alone even though you are loved and in the company of Family, friends, people you know but sometimes you just like you want or have a longing for someone, like you want to wander everyday when you go out as if you were missing a piece of yourself...Like you dont belong here at all....

I dont know about some of you who are like that but there are time where i do those things, getting away from everything and just looking at people, looking on how they squirm, walk, laugh, talk, breathe in life. As if you were an observer rather than a doer of things...maybe im just paranoid but its kind of a habit for me....The best way to know thyself is to look at people then look at yourself , maybe you might find where you belong but that wasnt a possible solution because i havent even come close to be one with ME. I have believed that God put me in this world to help people, maybe i can or will try the hardest to reach that goal just to be me!

So straight out questions:
1. Have you found or know yourself yet? still trying? or you just dont care?

2. What are your escapes and journeys you take to achieve what you have sought looking for...??

Optional:
3. Are you aware of this question which pops in your head...?

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

1. half way there , other half is in development i guess ^^;;

2. just can say hard time to achieves that and many bad problem and experiences to fulfill it

3. yes , actually yes

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

1. I have reached my absolute limit. I have done all I can, and lived my life absolute fullest. To stand out from many others in real life as a person to look up to is something I will never regret. It's an accomplishment I am very darn proud of, and it happened only months ago, so now I am humble with life as it stands before me.

My only regret perhaps comes from: "What would have happened if I rather did something else instead?" I have gone beyond what many others would have never experienced, and I am darn proud of it.

2. Hm... I dunno - kinda hard to tell. I have found what I was already looking for already, but it doesn't hurt to add something on top of that for a change.

3. Sometimes, though rarely. I sometimes feel alone, and sometimes I take a few remarks way over the edge and get hurt by it, though it is usually deflected by the norm. Sometimes I take things too seriously, but in pertainence to this question, yes, I do sometimes think about it, before I discard the idea and move on humbly along the way. <Wow, deja vu... this is getting weird... lol - have I typed something similar like this one before?>

You aren't alone you know. But when things get out of hand, and you pass through the thick fog as it is about to clear, hiding and re-collecting your image together again, then you will feel as right as rain. Here, have a cookie. ^^

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

Was I lost? ^.^

> 1. Have you found or know yourself yet? still trying? or you just dont care?

I think I have a good idea where I am, if that's what you mean. It isn't necessarily where others would want me, but I'm comfortable.

> 2. What are your escapes and journeys you take to achieve what you have sought looking
> for...??

Writing. Alone time.
Sometimes, the 1.5 hour train ride in the morning is a very, very good thing.

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

I can't say I have found myself. But throughout the years, I discover who I am. I discovered who is my real friends or not. I discover that you cannot trust anybody. You have to trust yourself on doing what you think is right. I learnt that the hard way. Even though I felt down along the process, It doesn't discourage me. Many people said that I'm so selfish. Well, maybe that's true but those people don't know the 'inside ' of me. I guess to know yourself is to know what 'inside' of your heart and soul. Take control of yourself and desire.

1. I can definitely say that I am nowhere near knowing myself. I think that even to assume I know myself is a rather brave statement, my personality spans not just over things I do regularly but over things I rarely experience or things I have yet to experience. I can know things about myself for sure, but might not like them, and have to decide whether they are things I can or cannot change. I can think i know things about myself which are not true. It'sa lifelong journey I think, and I guess at some point I will have to accept those things about me that I can't change but at the moment I am still finding what makes me myself.

2. Really I think that it takes unexpected things to really learn your core being. I can meditatite on things for days or weeks on end, but in the end it's only speculation and my thoughts taint things, it's raw instictual reactions to things that make me realise things. I am taking some big steps in my life at the moment to get to know me, I am going overseas by myself for the first time.

3. Finding myself is big on my agenda at the moment. It's always been there, I am the kind of person who struggles to find their niche in life. I am trying to find something about me which I can do well and be proud of, which is lacking at the moment. I am looking for a way to love myself.

1. If you think you've found or know yourself, you're probably wrong. Sorry to say it, but the majority of people here are far too young to truely "know" themselves (myself included). I think you begin to shape an idea, but there are far too many experiences you have yet to go through that will shape your life. Don't be in such a hurry to "find yourself". Enjoy the ride in all its ups and downs... you only get to do it once.

2. Be honest with yourself, about yourself and make an honest effort to change the negatives into positives. Take chances and don't be afraid to get hurt in the process.

3. Yes, but it also tells me to chase the little pink elephants and ride the bubble-machine over the rainbow in the sky.

shinta

shinta

Kawaii Chibi Meeper

1. No I haven't and I think I figured out why. I've spent most of my years not liking myself and paying more attention to other people. Sometimes I still do that. I find it really pathetic and I'm really trying to pay more attention to myself. But not too much to be selfish.

2. I think I'm starting to be confident about me now. Though it may be a little thing, it goes a long way. ^__^

Signature Image
IMTeam -=- [Sammo] -=- [Kenzuke] -=- [OracleAngel] -=- [SapphireSky] -=- [dedwards] -=-
[WCC] [Vectorness] [Anime Club] [Canvas] [DNAngel Fans] [Express] [YYH Group] [IRC] [MTs] [FLIP]

Hi, OracleAngel. Boy, this was the first thread I clicked on to read this morning, and deep philosophy greeted me. My brain wasn't fully warmed up and stretched, but such a thoughtful post requires a thoughtful answer. Let me see if I can do your post justice.

1. Have you found yourself? No, but I'm getting closer. "Finding yourself" is a moving target; as we grow older we have different formative life experiences, some of which prompt rapid change, some of which take years if not decades to work. I'm 42, and my sense of self has changed drastically from when I was 18, as have my ideals and opinions. Some things have changed for the better (I'm much more easy-going) and some still need work (ongoing struggle with self-image and depression). As I get closer to finding myself, it's like peeling back layers of an onion -- there are always more layers to get through. But eventually the journey is worth it.

Do you have escapes and journeys to help with the process? People use different things, from prayer to meditation, from pilgrimages to "walkabout" as practiced by the Australian aborigines. All of these are designed to get a person away from the noise and bustle of day-to-day living and spend time just being. In the still of the soul, the quiet voice can be heard clearly. One thing I use is Julia Cameron's book, "The Artist's Way," to help me get through the painful parts of who I am to let my creative artist out to play. I highly recommend it, as it's not woo-woo and doesn't require you to do anything in public or tithe to a religion. Check it out, or PM me and we can talk about it more.

3. Are you aware of this question arising? All the time. Learning to listen to what the creative side of you has to say is an ongoing process. Sometimes I hear it clearly, sometimes I ignore it (usually to my detriment).

After you've collected some other responses in this thread, I'd be interested to read your musings on the replies.

--Mike

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Quote by KazuraI can't say I have found myself. But throughout the years, I discover who I am. I discovered who is my real friends or not. I discover that you cannot trust anybody. You have to trust yourself on doing what you think is right. I learnt that the hard way. Even though I felt down along the process, It doesn't discourage me. Many people said that I'm so selfish. Well, maybe that's true but those people don't know the 'inside ' of me. I guess to know yourself is to know what 'inside' of your heart and soul. Take control of yourself and desire.

Thats why the more art i do the more it is hard to explain to people the roots and detailed expressions told and done by me...because the way i feel and hate is how i show in my art....guess people have to have more eyes of mind than of speculation... >_<

Quote by DarkParagon1. If you think you've found or know yourself, you're probably wrong. Sorry to say it, but the majority of people here are far too young to truely "know" themselves (myself included). I think you begin to shape an idea, but there are far too many experiences you have yet to go through that will shape your life. Don't be in such a hurry to "find yourself". Enjoy the ride in all its ups and downs... you only get to do it once.

Hehehe its not a question for the majority its just a question for those who have already risen up from the caged existence and actually have seen the wonders of life and how it effects each and every one of us... :)

Quote by DarkParagon
3. Yes, but it also tells me to chase the little pink elephants and ride the bubble-machine over the rainbow in the sky.

Yeah i tend to search for that too but theyre just red eyed crows and perverted monkeys... XD

Quote by shinta1. I've spent most of my years not liking myself and paying more attention to other people. Sometimes I still do that. I find it really pathetic and I'm really trying to pay more attention to myself. But not too much to be selfish.

Yeah i become more aware that to love someone else one must love thyself but ive forgotten that for 2 1/2 years and im trying so hard to fill the void which i kept myself failed filling up. >_>

Quote by miketo Learning to listen to what the creative side of you has to say is an ongoing process. Sometimes I hear it clearly, sometimes I ignore it (usually to my detriment).
After you've collected some other responses in this thread, I'd be interested to read your musings on the replies.

I will, always have and always will cos im an artist in my own nature...i see things more detailed in ways somepeople have or not. God has given me a gift to see what others have not yet seen and to help people with my art hehehhe :)

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

ah, i also have the habit of observing peopple living, but i dont think that i belong somewhere else, because i was simply born here, and i am here. No need to ask yourself questions like that, id rather spend time on how nature works since i beleive we are here to observe and learn. About the questions, well i dont know myself, but i dont care cause i try to enjoy life to the max, even tho sometimes it doesnt look like i am :/
and umh, I do ask myself a lot of questions. Isnt it human's nature?

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Quote by candy-chanah, i also have the habit of observing peopple living, but i dont think that i belong somewhere else, because i was simply born here, and i am here. No need to ask yourself questions like that, id rather spend time on how nature works since i beleive we are here to observe and learn. About the questions, well i dont know myself, but i dont care cause i try to enjoy life to the max, even tho sometimes it doesnt look like i am :/
and umh, I do ask myself a lot of questions. Isnt it human's nature?

Yeah its like that story of the scorpion and the fox. They both wanted to cross the river but the fox wasnt sure about the scorpion going over his back across the river, but the scorpion assured the fox that it wont sting him. He surely enough said ok then went across the river, the scorpion stinged him and the fox questioned him why....then the scorpion said "Its my nature"

We humans the curios questiioners of existence... :p

jimmy2buc

jimmy2buc

Dragon Knight Nyo!

1. will never know

2. day dreaming, looking at the sky

3. sometimes

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

jinhui

jinhui

I love Harry Potter

Quote by DarkParagon1. If you think you've found or know yourself, you're probably wrong.
Sorry to say it, but the majority of people here are far too young to
truely "know" themselves (myself included). I think you begin to shape
an idea, but there are far too many experiences you have yet to go
through that will shape your life. Don't be in such a hurry to "find
yourself". Enjoy the ride in all its ups and downs... you only get to
do it once.

1)yeah!! i totally agree.... i cannot say i totally know myself cause at times i will do stuff that i dun even think i would be able to do... after wat i done then i realise i was evil but i dun think i am evil.... people change...

2) ......... wat am i looking for??? i dun koe i'm jus floating around doing wat i like... maybe i sought for freedom although i already had alot but i'm greedy i suppose i really dun like to be tied up controlled to do wat i dun like.... escape alot of times i dun wan to face problem i use tons of ways to avoid run away but in the end.... regret came and hunt me...

3) yup i thought about this kind of question. to me life is short and since we are born to be like this i tot why not stay happy and enjoy till yr very last breathe i treasure wat i have friends in schools and family and reading comics and watching animation haahaahaa dun think too much let natural take it course!!!

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
in Theater in NOVEMBER

It has many thing in this life.Many way u can choose all the time u past.I cann't told when i found myself.Sometime u think u found it but maybe,it can change in one day.& how do u know what u'll met in the future.& how do u know u'll never change ur mind if something else come into ur life.

Anyway,nothing in ur life's a worthless.All thing that past into ur life.It's a thing that make u to be ur in this day. :nya:

[sorry if it hard to read OX]

sry for didn't come. Now, thk for coming to my page or c my work.
Hope everyone's fine and happy.

1. still trying
2. gazing up in the sky and try to forget about everything. everthing.
3. euh.... i don't know.

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Quote: Ever felt like you were alone even though you are loved and in the company of Family, friends, people you know but sometimes you just like you want or have a longing for someone, like you want to wander everyday when you go out as if you were missing a piece of yourself...Like you dont belong here at all....

Been a suicidal and depressed most of my life, 'course I've had that feeling.

1. Nope. Still looking to resolve my emotional and suicidal issues. I keep having brush ups, and need to fight it away, although I don't know how.

2. Distracting myself, trying to figure out what's wrong, but neither has proven to be be useful for too long.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

1. still lost

2. lay on my bed with my eyes closed and let my mind wonder the world

3. yes sometimes but it seems like the questions go in circle a never ending circle

usagi200

usagi200

Wings of an angel

1. I think i'm somewhat their but, there 's still alot i need to learn and i used to have feelings oflonliness but now that i registed for different forums i made many friends who chnaged my life, and in order to fing your selve sometimes u lok in other ppl as well.

2. trying to have time to be alone with myself, and think about what i need to do in my life.

3. yes many times.

Signature

1. Still trying
2. Masturbation
3. I am completely aware and the masturbation thing was a joke.

tru-chan

tru-chan

|individualized ego|

1. Have you found or know yourself yet? still trying? or you just dont care?
-No, I have yet not found myself or is that I do and don't completely understand this question. Who knows really? But I do have an answer, that takes lots of thought.
(It is a sunny morning at 8:48 a.m. and me must think! >_<)
Ever heard that saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover"? Well my answer is something like that. As in how you know that there are faces, and changes. Everyone of course has a face, but they also have faces. People that think they know their friends that do not see their faces aren't their friends. ;_;
Have you found yourself is a really tough question that maybe not even religious people can answer straight off the bat. People may think that they have but really are just in a phase of change.

2. What are your escapes and journeys you take to achieve what you have sought looking for...??
-My lifetime goal is to found out what I am, who I am to be more exact. I discover things about myself that I didn't think I had and I will, one way or another find the answer that I seek but right now my goal is to actually relate to my life. Me a sister to a brother and a daughter to a mother and I don't understand them. At the moment I want to understand my family and to achieve that will take much time. How to achieve it,... I do not know but possibly actually taking the will power to understand them. Time perhaps as well.

Optional:
3. Are you aware of this question which pops in your head...?
-Yes, because it taunts me.

Looking at others lives and comparing it to yours is not a good thing to do. >_<
It will make you think that their life is better or you will think their life is pitiful.
Possibly meaningless.
I think the best way to find the answer is to first KNOW yourself.
Your likes, dislikes, favorite color, etc. Once you have, move a step forward.

FOUND yourself and KNOW yourself are two different things that everyone has to actually really go through. Many will decide not to.

-Here I am still lost,... at 9:18 a.m.

[boom dop]

thanks for doing this question it was really interesting and it helped my to

sometimes i think about that a lot

thankssssss your friend

HEY^^ BE AMENBER OF:
Hispanime,fullmetal-alchemist-fans,Ecchi-Club,MT's,TeniPuri,shingetsutantsukihimefan,Naruto,GundamSeed-Angels
I HAVE THE POWER OF ADMINISTRATING:
GTO-fans,Doujinshi-Support-Club

and sorry if you dont understand something i wrote XP

lthnadml

lthnadml

Chasing shadows . . .

1. Still trying but i fell a little tired :hmpf:
2. day dreaming in my fantasy world (more often ) , I like to make philosophical discussions with a few (very few) friends :)
3. Yes, very well.

A nocturnal concerto,Candlelight whispers me where to go,Hymn of gathering stars as my guide,As I wander on this path of the night

esmerga

Imperfect and Real

i havent found myself yet, i can say that i am happy for what i am today.

Signature

I look for a new world.
I want to meet you, but I can't.

I tremble wearing them but..
..these awakened wings won't fade away.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.