Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Evangelion real action movie - Minitokyo

Evangelion real action movie

page 1 of 1 23 total items

dead

dead

Komm Susser Tod!

I want to know what you think about the evangelion real action movie

Signature Image
...Vanity definitely my favorite sin...

Sakura156

Sakura156

Woot~!

wtf!? There's an Eva live action movie!? o.o

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

please post info about it x_x cause we know nothing of it~

i think theres too much liveactions these days, ruins pretty anime ;_;

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

It will suck. Like most live action movies they made so far. But EVA's looks even crappier than the other I saw (so far, Gundam's live action "G-Saviour" was probably the worse)

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by candy-chanplease post info about it x_x cause we know nothing of it~
i think theres too much liveactions these days, ruins pretty anime ;_;

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=3606 <-- News release

http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php?id=5002 <-- States that pictures were released. I saw them, I have this issue of Newtype but it's at home.... -_-;; Search should bring them up though, I'm sure. Look very good, actually.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16790 <-- work done for you, here's pre-production sketches.

And yes, as the pictures show, character names have been changed. Poor Asuka... :-( I remember reading that though.

I don't like the fact the names have been changed but it does look good, so lets just hope that it will be good.

Signature

no point in crying if they make it too bad....were not paying for it, and its not like the anime will get any worse...and if were lucky, it wont suck....

off subject a little, animenewsnetwork listed other possible 'live actions' among them, kite....this...disturbs me....and interests me...how much can they cut? i'm sure it will follow the edited versions story.

anyone check out the cutey honey liveaction? not horrible for a comody/action based off an ecchi, if the eva movie turns out, lets say, twice as good as the cuteyhoney movie, it wont be too bad :)

Magnius

Magnius

God of Red Dragons

May be interesting, but they must use one hell of a lot of computer technology for the graphics. The EVAs must always be computerized because it would be impossible to have an actual EVA.

The unsuppressed soul invites unrestrained bleeding,
Angels consume the blood and guide the burning feast,
Generals idly cough beneath a crimson sky,
Four shrines severed by the tears of a goddess,
The dragon plummets from the tower of red thunder and where it falls no one has seen.

From the PS2 game "Drakengard"

calibretto23

calibretto23

Open your eyes...

Hmmm... I'm not sure how well an american company will do with remaking a truely japanese story... I think Shinji is just a little too whiney to be an american icon.. but it does have possiblities... but knowin our luck jerry bruckhiemer will get it and we'll have con air 2: Evangellion... Gah....

Signature Image

------------------------------------

Proud Member of:
|Hardcore-gamers| |Dub-Lovers-Group| |Fight-Club| |MT-singles| |FinalFantasyFans| |Samurai|

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by phrozenkrew
anyone check out the cutey honey liveaction? not horrible for a comody/action based off an ecchi, if the eva movie turns out, lets say, twice as good as the cuteyhoney movie, it wont be too bad :)

Lol, I saw trailers for that and they were the most amusingly frightening things I've seen. But I was impressed. Whatever graphics they used for the transformation made it look animated-style and it was pretty cool.

With WETA working on the movie, it has a lot of potential. But I see it getting poor reviews because of the butchering and Americanizing of the story they'll most likely do. In fact, I see it being visually impressive but a poor movie, such as FF: Spirits Within (can't deny that computer animation).

i am under the impression that live action movies are the worst thing ever in the history of the world.

Ah, that's a bit harsh. Where wold we be without such movies as Terminator, Predator, Aliens, or the Die Hard series?

At any rate, I think Eva was quite possibly a bad choice for a live action conversion. If they had gone with an anime that focused around regular joes, or atleast Joes that don't pilot Mecha through neo-futuristic transforming cities, it would be one thing, but this is just going to be way too intensive graphics wise, and will be ridiculed to death because of it. If they spend time, and actually try to do the CG well, then it will be up to the actors to present characters that the fandom can identify. By changing the names around, they've already sparked debate, and since I am certain children will not be playing the rolls of the characters, I'm posotive that the usual characteristics and roles of them will have changed.

On the plus side, they are filming it in both English and Japanese, so we don't get any crappy dubbings.

Argh! Alas it will be most likely a big disapointment. I saw the production scetches... the Evas look like Godzila 2 movie [aaaa the fangs, the eyes... the beast.. the horror], the children look like in their 30ies?!?! It just doesn't look & feel like Evangelion.
-_-
Why can't a really good director direct a movie like that... ?

Guys, i really hope I am very wrong and this turns up as an exceptional feature film... :\

oooold:D and kind of sux=[ i saw some arts some time ago, someone who saw the NERV HQ picture say that it look more like Batman base^^ i think so too;] oh yes, and the new names just rox Asuka=kate rose , Rei= Rai and some more, i try to find that pictures and post here

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by VaporGecko
On the plus side, they are filming it in both English and Japanese, so we don't get any crappy dubbings.

O_O Now that's special. I'd be very interested to see how that turns out.

...no, I want to see castings more. :sweat:

biopsych

biopsych

Most Worthy Adversary

The production teams working on it are incredible. Let's just hope that they don't ruin the characters or even the entire plot!

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

zomg asuka is Kate Rose T_T this is why i hate live actions, remakes and last-minute second seasons, they all suck, they all changes things even tho they know purists will be mad, they suck they suck they suck

Now I may be wrong but from what I've heard some of the names that appear next to the character sketches were names of staff members so perhaps they're just provisional. Laso, with Weta working on it, I thought I'd pop by their website. A bit odd then I thought that there's nary a mention of the Eva movie there. Sure, they may be busy with that King Kong remake at the moment (do we really need that?) I wonder if there's a reason for not mentioning the Eva movie.

aun no he tenido la oportunidad de verla , aunque he visto los screenhots y los personajes èstan algo adecuados, ya quiero verla para ver que me parece

edit: I have not even had the opportunity to see it, although I have seen screenhots and the suitable personages èstan something, already I want to see it to see that it seems to me

puedes usar babelfish.altavista.com? gracias - sammo

this movie has been in the making for years, at this point I hardly doubt it will be released, because of the fact that the info on it is very slim and also, I can't picture an Eva live action movie...I just can't

Signature Image

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

yeah, i would think after 2 years of yapping, we would have more information on this production. seems like it's been scraped :b

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

There were extras about it on the two "Director's cut" volumes.

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

It's still a concept passed around the whole industry. The project hasn't been confirmed yet. If it's confirmed, someone would have announced the budget or have a big interview ala James Cameron for Battle Angel Alita (Gunmm).

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.