Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is there such thing as a proper "leecher" here in MT - Minitokyo

is there such thing as a proper "leecher" here in MT

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

I mean really if you think about is there really such a thing here in this community?
To be able to download scans one must attain Level 10, but to achieve level 10 is not exactly a quick walk in the park. You have to upload scans, start threads, post replies etc and that takes quite a bit of time.
A full proper leecher is someone that only comes to acquire what they want and leaves without any form of contribution. But by achieving lvl 10 hav you not already made your contributions?
Again what do you think?

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Well actually, you don't have to upload scans or make wallpapers to obtain level 10 status. You just need to generate interaction within the community. The easiest way is just posting and commenting on submissions and threads.
Yeah that'll already have made them get into the community and may have made new friends too.
But if you want a typical leecher example, then here's one...
Username: IHaveNoName
Enters Minitokyo and makes a lot of lame comments like:
GOOOOOODDDDDD ________________________ ( _ represents space)
WOW I like that scan! ___________________
luv it_________________________________
great PIC!_______________________________________

And also they make lame old threads like: Where are you from? What is your name? Do you like anime? Do you like pictures?

They mainly come and spam just to get to level 10. After obtaining level 10 status they simply just login and leech and not comment on anything or generate any interaction.

That's a pure leecher.

oh... well... that type of person isn't very honest i would say... say pic are nice just to be able to get to level 10 (well in fact that person won't even necessarily like the pic...), well i agree with you Kei-kun. and leechers are pretty easy to notice because most don't make the effort of making themselves or getting from somewhere else their own avatar (but of course, not all members with no avatar are leechers...)
but then again, getting to level 10 is pretty difficult...

There are spammers........

The real problem in minitokyo is that it lack serious, l33t trolls that can make everyone's post count explode. :o

Quote: But by achieving lvl 10 hav you not already made your contributions?

contribution at wasting bandwidth, perhaps.....

That said, trying to get level 10 to leech is far to unproductive for an leech only leecher. They'd be better off scanning 2chan, 0chan and such.....there are alot of images circulating the internet.....

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

Those are parasites...bunch of lazy ass without contribute stuff...I get to lvl 10 by participating, making friends, submiting walls, and join groups...if ppl think lvl 10 is long...then they got themselves some issues...achieveing lvl 10 doesnt mean u contribute stuff...it depends...if u just type something like this on everyone 's post *great wall* *great wall* *great wall* *great wall* ...endlessly by copy and paste...or just like *this great, or good, or awesome*...then their ass will be winded up in jail and locked up the door and threw away the key really fast...!! faster than you think...in MT...here ppl...and extreme fast...talk about efficiency...!! I believe I did made some contribution...lol...I think...?? ~_~ I think my comments are long...and they are different...and meaningful...spammers' commments are absolutely bunch of BS...once lvl 10...hey all they want is the hot chick scans and walls...after that no comments...just want to get *freestuff*...and not even a thank you or appricieation...beware...some ppl will post something like this * this is a great wall, i comment it cuz i need to reach lvl10...!* ...see the motivation here...?? I see lot of this type of spam around here...in MT...!!

To those spammers and leechers = *EAT A BAG OF HELL*...!!

In case you wondering....click *the warning* link if you interest it in...!!

Signature Image

Still not so sure whats so bad about proper leechers.... by forcing them to "contribute" to the site to download is rather severe.... Most leechers will no even bother when they see that you have to register to download from this place.. Also being pretty much a leecher myself i only come on here when im bored.... the way i see it almost of the a forums here are spam that you can pretty much find anywhere else >_> but anyway thats just coming from a leechers view

I'll agree that the forums is far more spammy than it should/could be..... The problem isn't that there isn't dedicated, thoughtful posters but there are too much noise that drownd them out. Most posts and topics aren't "inherently" spammy, but it is after excessive repetition. For most forums basic topics just posted, discussed and thrown into page 50 where all the vets would point to the "search function" when something similar comes up. Here those topics keep on coming back up from new posters needing to pad post count.

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

Right-o.

Not everyone's an artist so we're levelling up in pretty much the same manner. I mean, with so many people trying to get to some goal level (mine's lv. 52. lovely number) by just posting in the threads, the MT forums will get spammy. Unless they set some set thread quality standard to follow, threads like "Where are you from?" will pop up.

About the leechers: Yeah, they've gotta be hard-core leechers bent on listing MT gallery as one of their haunts. Reaching Level 10 is waaay tough! But I understand that the MT image vault is one of the richest around so the Level 10 hike is just a short walk for them (for the leechers, I mean)

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.