Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you judge the book by its cover? - Minitokyo

Do you judge the book by its cover?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

books yes only borrow books with pretty covers. stupid i know
people, at first look sometimes. but usually decides after talking to them or see how they act.
l

the meaning of life is [drumrollll]........................2?

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

hmmm for real books... I judge first by the cover... then I read the back "summary" or what you call that.. then read.. if its nice I continue reading that author's few other books~

going on to real people... since I don't really interact much with a lot of people... I do judge people by looks first... but thats those I don't think I am gonna know of and things..
if its someone I see for quite a few times, I would try to know that person's personality better.. looks wouldn't matter to me for that case.. I am kinda biased for this depending on the situation =p

Kachie-chan

Kachie-chan

"Kay-chee-chan"

Hmm, I try not to.. But, yes, I admit - Sometimes, I guess I do.. >_< ..

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

for books: i read the summary and if that sounds interesting i read the last few pages of the book... :P
for ppl: i wish i could say no, but at least for first glace i do. i think most ppl would like to think that they don't, but the fact is most people do, whether they're conscious of it or not.

Signature Image

XVirus

Grim Reflection

Well, good thing is that I don't really have to judge a book by it's cover, I have more than enough friends to give me excellent suggestions ^_^
Still, when iI worked at Amazon.co.uk's distribution centre - quite a few books went through my hands and cover can really say alot. Especially when looking for a gift ;)
Come on, how could I resist:
Da Vinci Code
Some other Hobby :)

In any case, I believe that judging people by appearance is quite natural. People tend to reflect their personality in their appearance. Add some body talk and a manner of speach and you can tell more about a person than several weeks of e-mailing each other. Not that the latter is inferior though, it's just a completely different level of communication.

"In the art of skipping lectures, one can eradicate the cause, but never the habit." - Me

sh1nj1tsu

Old Soul

The cover is a reflection of the inner self. At provides merely a glimmer of the whole thing. With that in mind, I would say only somewhat. It sets the premise for the interraction.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

I never judge a book by It's cover... I judge people just by looking at their eyes.
Someone once said that eyes were the windows of the soul. nothing can be more right, One glance making eye contact and you already know everything about that person...
It's true, believe me, T_T

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.