Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Stolen: Expensive/Valued Items - Minitokyo

Stolen: Expensive/Valued Items

page 1 of 1 20 total items

What is the most expensive or valuable thing that someone has stolen from you? =]

dnmax

dnmax

That Man

i don't think i've ever had anything of mine stolen

seriously? Wow, umm...how about anything being lost or vandalized then? lol

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Nothing was stolen from me.

The worst thing, however, that anyone could get stolen is their identity.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

I concur.
How about an actual item? ^^

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

I wore a HUGE ruby(worth $2000) brooch once on the back of my blouse to school and left it on my seat. Came back, no brooch :(.

XO Ouch! Schools don't have a very good lost to found ratio =P
The person who took it probably wouldn't appreciate it as much as you did either.

The only time I brought a valued piece of jewelry to school [my jade bracelet from when I was a baby], my not-so-good friend went and put it on her head, proceeded in walking, and of course, waddya know, it falls and breaks :(

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Hmm... I've never had anything personally stolen from me. But my family home got broken into and robbed twice in the space of a year. We've moved away from that place (it was a really nice quiet and upperclass type suburb too). I panicked so much when I found out we'd been robbed because I couldn't have beared losing any of my previous collectables at the time.

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

Spikexp

Truth Seaker

my sister one time had her first cell phone stolen, while she was at basketball pratice. It turn out two were on the A honor, and got punishment for what they had done.

Where I fight, I fight alone, where I walk, I walk alone.

Each of us needs a quest, and a person without one is lost to himself

Due to recent cutbacks, and until further notice, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

thelunarmage - Do you know how the robber broke in? Yup, robbers love those types of areas it seems =P I'm guessing you didn't move because of the robberies? What were you collecting at the time?

Spikexp - So she got her phone back? How were they punished? I'm wondering, why do people steal phones? Don't they expect them to be disconnected soon?
Yup, there have been many things stolen in my school locker rooms. That's why I locked my whole backpack in my locker, just to be safe.

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

Never had anything significent taken (perhaps a pen?) - perhaps i am just too paranoide to leave anything out of my sight for even a second. Or i have just been very lucky (which is much more likely).

Signature
"Rules are there to make you think before you break them."

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Quote by taffystarthelunarmage - Do you know how the robber broke in? Yup, robbers love those types of areas it seems =P I'm guessing you didn't move because of the robberies? What were you collecting at the time?

Yup, they broke in through one of the doors, quite skillfully done actually because we certainly didn't notice it. They even disabled the security alarm by tracing exposed wires back to the control center. Very nasty!
I'm almost too embarrassed to say what I was collecting at the time, but I'm over that obsession. I was collecting Disney's The Little Mermaid stuff. I don't think they would have taken anything from my collection, but it was blood-boiling to think that someone could have rifled through my prized treasures :angry:
We moved a long, long time after the robberies because after my father passed away my mum couldn't bear the memories of the house anymore.

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

Quote by Alex204Never had anything significent taken (perhaps a pen?) - perhaps i am just too paranoide to leave anything out of my sight for even a second. Or i have just been very lucky (which is much more likely).

lol, lucky for you then. I once forgot my pencil bag [really slim and silver] in a class and I couldn't find it when I went back. When it turned up [in another class], most of my nice and special pens had been taken =P and they took out all the springs from the pens they didn't take -_-' Better than my friend who had her large pencil bag taken. She got most of hers from Korea XP

Quote by thelunarmageYup, they broke in through one of the doors, quite skillfully done actually because we certainly didn't notice it. They even disabled the security alarm by tracing exposed wires back to the control center. Very nasty!
I'm almost too embarrassed to say what I was collecting at the time, but I'm over that obsession. I was collecting Disney's The Little Mermaid stuff. I don't think they would have taken anything from my collection, but it was blood-boiling to think that someone could have rifled through my prized treasures :angry:
We moved a long, long time after the robberies because after my father passed away my mum couldn't bear the memories of the house anymore.

Wow, that robber must have been very experienced in robbing protected houses! eek, and you say this happened more than once? Well, I'm guessing you upgraded/fixed the security and door and the robbing stopped? Yeah, I know what you mean. It can be really annoying if even someone I know goes through and moves my stuff.
That must have been very difficult on your mom...

Spikexp

Truth Seaker

Quote by taffystarthelunarmage - Do you know how the robber broke in? Yup, robbers love those types of areas it seems =P I'm guessing you didn't move because of the robberies? What were you collecting at the time?
Spikexp - So she got her phone back? How were they punished? I'm wondering, why do people steal phones? Don't they expect them to be disconnected soon?
Yup, there have been many things stolen in my school locker rooms. That's why I locked my whole backpack in my locker, just to be safe.

They got a 1,000 hours of commnunity servies hours, and they both had to write of apology to my sisiter. Yet they didn't write the letter until they got done with their commmunity services hours. Which was about a year later, after they stole the cell phone.

Where I fight, I fight alone, where I walk, I walk alone.

Each of us needs a quest, and a person without one is lost to himself

Due to recent cutbacks, and until further notice, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Whoa! That's a lot of hours of community service! What type of service did they do, do you know? That's really great that they got caught and punished though. I know of only one person who was caught for stealing at my school =P hmm...yeah, I'd think they would write the letter first. lol, a year to serve their sentence. Nice

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

my bike....... maybe not the most expensive, but definitely the most valuable for me : my transportation mean, and my way to have fun :)
and then nothing more for now

Yup, valued items included =]
i wish I could travel around by bike! That would be so fun. But nope! I have to drive. Eh, public transportation and walking works well for me for now ^^;
How was your bike stolen Anjhurin?

markjo

markjo

a bookworm & a film buff

I once had my purse stolen when in a tram. I was almost asking for it, bacause I kept it in my pocket. Nevertheless it has taught me to look carefully after my belongings when travelling.

Funny that you mention having a purse stolen markjo. I recently had my wallet stolen when I left my backpack in what I thought was a safe room. Came back from the restroom and got this gut feeling that someone had went through my backpack. Turns out I was right and when I confronted the people who I thought had done it, they of course did not own up to it. I saw the pair talking to a girl outside and when I came back out, the girl handed me my wallet sans money and public transportation tickets. XP lol, I was definitely asking for it. Glad to at least have gotten my wallet back though. (It was a present from my sister :D )

[Please tell me if it's not ok to bring 38 weeks old threads back ^^']

I lost a bunch of Yugioh cards in school once, Which included Buster Blader, Millennium Shield, and Raigeki

I also lost a Final Fantasy:Tactics Advance game for Game Boy SP

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.