Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Enhanced Computers - Minitokyo

Enhanced Computers

page 1 of 1 13 total items

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

By now I think everyone would notice that computers are becoming smarter and smarter. I read an article today about how computers could go past human brain power within 20 years.... its like Chobits in real life! Soon we WILL have these types of human computers running around having a larger brain capacity than us.

Do you think this would be good for our society? or bad? After all, the human race is slowly deteriating because of the human race itself.

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

It's good in a way, because technology exists to make life easier for us, unless they turn around and go against us like in the movie i.Robot.

winxfairykay

winxfairykay

Teenage Samurai

Bad...and good. Good we don't have to work anymore, bad we don't have to work anymore. There needs to be humans in the world, and we don't need to rely on computers as we do. It won't happen to us, but still, we need to think of our great-great grandkids. Computers are great and all, but they could be the end of the human race as we know it.

Signature Image
Winx has currently gotten verrrry busy. Please email me if you really need me!

Dccafdf

Dccafdf

Victor Van Vinklevoss V

Remember that the average human brain only operates at from 6-8% of it's actual potential. Humans themselves, still have a really long way to go too. In time they may advance too. But from all the things I've been seeing and hearing from people lately, I'm beggining to think that potential is actually declining not raising. I find that humans are getting stupider all the time.

In 20 years computers may become smarter then humans. But the likely hood that they would rebel against humans is highly unlikely. computers are getting smarter, ALOT faster then the robotics industry is advancing. Computers may have the brain power surpassing humans in 20 years. But they will still most likely be, inanimate, or completely unable to move. It's hard to rebel against someone if you don't pocess the capabilites of motion.

Things like chobits, are far away from now. Robotics are still highly primitive right now, and although they are advancing, they arn't advancing quite rapidly enough. I doubt we will have computers like chobits, running around in 20 years. That's still way to far fetched. But I definatly would like to see something like that though. Man, I gotta get me a real chobit. Heh heh. ^__^

I am Victor Van Vinklevoss the fifth. It is nice to meet you comrades!

eko

I dunno how a computer can be smarter then a human. Aren't we the ones who build it? The only thing that seperate us from machines really is out ability to feel, our emotions. No matter how "smart" a computer can be, the people who created had the idea, and will ultimately be smarter then it.

Signature Image

Nizna

Nizna

How Troublesome...

I think u're right! It's not that bad, anyway^^ ... could turn the world more interesting, but it's at the same time something really bad for the humans... never read the books "Fear the Year 2099"? Should do it!!!

Signature

Thanks to Sakura Hyuuga, I'm yet a Neji and Hinata fan too^.^=

rezuke

Napoleon Dynamite

In order for any kind of machine te rebel it would require some sort of intelligence. A.I. is virtually non-existant right now and that is one of the things needed for robots like Chobits. I don't thinks all computers should have intelligence though.

Wizard needs food, badly.

[My Xanga] (My blog/journal)
[My DA account] (DeviantArt)
Signature

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Quote by rezukeIn order for any kind of machine te rebel it would require some sort of intelligence. A.I. is virtually non-existant right now and that is one of the things needed for robots like Chobits. I don't thinks all computers should have intelligence though.

Yup! yup! A.I. is still in its infancy more so than robotics. A computer might have more brain capacity than us in 20 years but it'll amount to nothing because it still can't think for itself, we humans will still need to program it to do things for us. So in fact I don't think computers are getting smarter and smarter, I think the programs we're writing for them are getting better and better and the computers themselves are just getting faster and faster.

That said, I would like to see some low level smart (A.I.) computers which would be great for society.

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

all of u have a point *especially eko, rezuke and Dccafdf*.... so basically, computers cannot pass our intellegence if we can't?

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

I think that it could be a bad thing since wat if computers do surpass us mentally a figure out a way to live without humans, then they could kill us all so that they may have their own super-beings. The whole world could end horribly if something goes wrong and it is a major computer error. well anyways thats just my opinion and i may be wrong, but w/e ill stick to wat ive said, thanx.

Quote by DccafdfRemember that the average human brain only operates at from 6-8% of
it's actual potential.

that's just an urban legend or something of the sort. there's never been any scientific evidence of such a thing.

in any case... computers have not been getting smarter. faster, yes. more complex, sure. smart? no. just no. computers have only just begun brushing the surface of "intelligence." so far, we've only managed to create machines that can emulate intelligence in a limited field. even things like an ant's instinctive ability to search for food, run from danger, etc. are currently extremely hard, if not impossible, to program.

computers have already surpassed humans a long time ago in pure logical computation. for "intelligent" computation like most animals have, that's going to take a lot longer.

---I'm going to live forever. so far, so good.---

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Computers will have more processing power than the human brain -yes

computers will mimic the brain and think like us - no

We dont even know how our own brain works, i doubt there will be a computer that will be like a chobits anytime soon.

Signature

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

computers can process things faster.. calculate things way quicker.. support even better games
but they can never have feelings of pain and stuff right? even if you program them to know of those feelings they won't know of it or understand it...
even if they can move.. I doubt they can take the impact of falling down like we do.. our injuries heal but when they are damaged you have to repair that part or replace it.. its not done by itself..

humans are truly depending more on the computer now to do a lot of things so they get slackier.. but the education and everything is getting more complex too.. like we learn things that used to be secondary school standard at primary.. its hard to cope for us too..

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.