Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Tell me: Why does everybody love KENSHIN?!? - Minitokyo

Tell me: Why does everybody love KENSHIN?!?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Suicide-Demon

Suicide-Demon

L!f3 !5 H3LL

I don't understand why everybody adores Kenshin!
I don't like the drawing-style and the characters!
The only samurai that deserves the title for the best samurai is MANJI from BLADE OF THE IMMORTAL (of course that's my oppinion)

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

To tell you the truth, I think that the best place to get reasons why people like Kenshin is to drop by the Kenshin-Gumi group and just ask ;)

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I'll tell you. Kenshin is the man! He makes you laugh, and he can really put up a fight (using a sword, however). On my scale, Kenshin is a 10 out of 10.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Gronek

Gronek

yosomono

The big plus of Kenshin is switching the style from dramatic to comedy. I've been into Kenshin sice I've watched Oav's . However i prefer Blade of the Immortal becouse of its drawning-style.

Don't get lost in heaven,
They got locks on the gate.
Don't go over edge,
you'll make a big mistake.
Signature
Sry if my english is not good enough for you.
Made in Polska :)

ookieday! Kenshin is just plain awesome! The whole repentance thing is very, very noble and cool, and he still is just great! AND! He's got red hair! hahaha! Run-on sentences are fun ^_^

bakaonigiri2

bakaonigiri2

silly cat

He's hot!! But well, the anime is silly after the Shisio stuff...too bad...but it remains really cool in the manga! Hm, the drawing is good enough for me, although it gets on my nerves that he wears the same clothes all the time :P

I should have known...that a riceball does not belong in a fruits basket

the drawing isnt bad... and the character is cool too, i like kenshin :p

Signature

Dccafdf

Dccafdf

Victor Van Vinklevoss V

I personally like Kenshin. But I do NOT like the Ruroni Kenshin series/show. It really wasn't that great in my opinion. But the Samurai X ova's were awesome. That's where I got my respect for Kenshin from. The ova's look, feel, and sound quite a (lot) bit different from the show. The Samurai X ova's are good, I'd recommend them, however, I would not recommend the show Ruroni Kenshin. Kenshin is ALOT better/cooler in the ovas. Watch those instead. You might like them.

I am Victor Van Vinklevoss the fifth. It is nice to meet you comrades!

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

Quote by melmachine18I'll tell you. Kenshin is the man! He makes you laugh, and he can really put up a fight (using a sword, however). On my scale, Kenshin is a 10 out of 10.

I agree!

I love the series, there's action and humor in it. Also a little history. :)

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

Archspectre

Archspectre

Deception, It Will Konsume You

The reason I like Kenshin is because the story is based on what really happened in Japan in the Meiji Era. The creators wanted to show how Japan was in a big struggle between the new ages of technology, and the traditions of the samurai, and how one of them could only stay. I personally like it because the series is funny, action-packed, and at the same time, has some historical content to it.

"I never think of the future - it comes soon enough." -Albert Einstein

"The empires of the future are the empires of the mind." -Winston Churchill

"The future is like heaven-everyone exalts it, but no one wants to go there now." -James Baldwin

"Forever in debt to your priceless advice." -Kurt Cobain

Isinha

Isinha

Glitter

I personally don't LOVE Kenshin... In fact... I LOVE Soujirou.... But since that has nothing to do with the topic, I say I do like Kenshin.. He can change from funny to ass-kicking withing seconds without becoming a too common thing... And.. well... I just love the "Oro"s xD

Benitora

Benitora

A Star And A Stray Dog

RK was my first anime and so Kenshin is one of my favorite anime characters. I think the anime still holds the spot as my favorite. Though I still like many other animes, this is my favorite samurai anime.

Signature

syivese

syivese

Oblivious Being!!

Because I love swordsman and samurais.
Because the characters grow on you - Kenshin, Kaoru, Enishi (manga), Saitoh (*hearts*).
Because Kenshin's redemption (atoning) to/on his sins sips into you.
And simply because I just *hearts* Saitoh Hajime for being him. ^^

It's also set in the edo era - one of my favourite japanese timeline (loves historic stuff).

PoT-Fanatics Here --> (TeniPuri) Signature Image

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

I don't like Kenshin, infact I prefer Maya Natsume from Tenjou Tenge, we need more girls that can kick butt. Plus Kenshin is too corny, not to mention the name doesn't suit him *scoffs at his grin* hah!

Signature

SaviourGundam

Dey AthRunZ #1 Fan

I personally loved Rurouni Kenshin and the OVAs for it. You get action from all the fighting, comedy from Kenshin and his friends, and there's also drama at times. To me Kenshin is one of my favorite series and is a must watch for anime fans ^^

"Im glad I was born dumb" - Harima from School Rumble

Why not? He has great fighting scenes and does some of the dumbest things that all you can do is just laugh. :) All the characters in the anime are great but kenshin is the best.

Signature Image

* : )

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

You never know what to expect next when watching Rurouni Kenshin. One minute it can be completely kick-ass fighting and the next will make you burst out laughing because of the people will do the dumbest things. I think people like it so much becuase unlike some shows where it's always the same, the tone for kenshin is always different.

Signature Image

Suicide-Demon

Suicide-Demon

L!f3 !5 H3LL

Whey-Hey now I've got a lot of answers, but I still don't like Kenshin.
Sorry... I still adore Manji!

outofphase

outofphase

Xenophile

just quick question for you. are you watching the series before or after shishio? (like 65 maybe?). cause the series definately goes downhill after that. but the first 65 episodes are really good.

maybe you should give Samurai X a try? it's a four episode prequel to the series.

Signature
www.outofphase.tk -Online Manga, Sketchbook Gallery, and how to Draw Tutorials

AlbelNox

AlbelNox

Wicked.

I think Kenshin looks like a good character, and the manga really interests me.

^^ Either way, be thankful that the show isn't as popular as Inu-Yasha ._.

Signature

Good question........can't answer it since i don't like him all that much....

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

I like kenshin ova's and movie, especially the last movie (altough the series is a bit shallow), but I don't like the kenshin character. I prefer his teacher (I forgot his name) or soujirou.

Okay, I love Kenshin because of . . .

1.) The history behind the show!
2.) The way the story cuts from hilarious to dramatic within split seconds!
3.) Kenshin/Battousai . . . he's hot!
4.) It was the first anime I saw, so it holds a special place in my heart! ^^

i agree with most when we say the series goes downhill from ep 65, with only a few random episodes that I truely enjoyed, but if it's the animation you don't like, it is actually upgraded around the beginning of the Legend of Kyoto arc.

And if you want to know why so many people believe Kenshin is our number one samurai, just watch Samurai X (Kenshin's OVA series)!!

^_^v

I'm not obsessed . . . just overly enthusiastic!
Signature

AlphaZero

Kira aka Raito

The whole TV show of Kenshin basically just show how he lived his live with his new companion. The real deal, which is the exciting part is in the first and second OVA. These two OVAs are great. Watching this show gives me the feelings as if there's such person like himself, who is the legendary samurai or 'unbeatable' kind of samurai. :D Well, no doubt it's only anime.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.