Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Airbus - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 10 total items

hers an artical bout the new humungus airplane, Airbus! u dont havta read it, it for ppl who are interested! ^-^

AIRBUS ACJ CORPORATE JETLINER, EUROPE

Airbus has developed the ACJ business jet that can easily be converted to commercial passenger service. The Airbus Corporate Jetliner is based on the airframe of the A319, a twin engine, single aisle, medium range airliner. Airbus Industrie, headquartered in Toulouse, is owned jointly by EADS and BAE Systems.
The A319 airframe is a short-bodied version of the successful Airbus A320 family of aircraft. The main differences between the ACJ and the A320 are the length of usable cabin, two less fuselage plugs shortening the length by nearly 4m or 12ft, a modified rear cargo door and the deletion of a bulk hold door and forward overwing emergency exit.
In June 2003, Airbus increased the baggage capacity on new ACJ models from 3m³ to 10m³ by modifications to the auxiliary fuel tanks arrangement.
About 30 ACJ have been delivered. It is operational with: launch customer Qatar Airways, based at Doha; EADS Deutschland GmbH in Stuttgart: Twinjet Aircraft with headquarters in Bedfordshire, UK; Aero Services in France; Al Kharafi group of Kuwait; DaimlerChrysler of Germany; Blue Moon in the US; PrivatAir of Switzerland; Air Luxor (Masterjet) of Portugal and with a number of other governments and private customers. Two aircraft are in service with the government of Italy, one with the Venezuelan Air Force, two with the French Air Force, one with the government of the United Arab Emirates and one with the Royal Thai Air Force (delivered in July 2004). One ACJ was ordered in July 2004 by Alpha Tours of Dubai and one in September 2004 by AZAL of Azerbaijan. In May 2004, National Air Services (NAS) of Saudi Arabia ordered two A319 Executive (an ACJ variant).
In October 2002, the ACJ received Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approval for scheduled and private operation in the USA.

FUSELAGE

The primary structures of the Corporate Jetliner are of composite construction with aramid fibre (AFRP), glass fibre (GFRP) and carbon fibre (CFRP) reinforced plastics.

CABIN

The spacious 24m long cabin has a floor area of nearly 80m². The cabin layout can include executive suites, equipped offices and meeting rooms, a bedroom, a family living room or sitting room area and bath or shower room according to the needs of the individual client or corporate customer.
The cabin can also be designed to allow public transport flights, so that the aircraft can be operated to allow private or commercial flights. In other words, the interior can be easily converted to provide seamless commercial passenger service.
The cabin environment gives an exceptionally quiet and comfortable flight. The air conditioning system provides a constant fresh air flow at low velocity as the air conditioning manifold is situated in the fuselage recess and maintains the cabin pressure at 8.33lb/in².
The ACJ is fitted with airstairs to allow self sufficiency at airfields with limited airport facilities.

FLIGHT DECK

The ACJ 17 hour flight deck has twice the volume of typical business jets and easily accommodates the pilot and copilot. The aircraft is fitted with Thales/SFENA fly-by-wire controls. The fly-by-wire system incorporates flight envelope protection, reduces costs and pilot workload as well as improving the aircraft's performance. The aircraft has CAT IIIB automatic landing capability.
Each pilot has a side-stick controller allowing single hand control. The fly-by-wire system incorporates many safety features including a high level of redundancy, use of dissimilar redundancy with different computers, different microprocessors, different vendors, division and separation of each computer, the segregation of power supplies and the maximum segregation in signalling lines.
The Thales/VDO electronic flight and information system (EFIS) includes a set of primary flight and navigation displays for each pilot. The primary flight display provides speed, altitude and heading data. Two Thales/VDO electronic central aircraft monitoring (ECAM) displays are mounted in the centre section between the pilot's and co-pilot's instrument panels.
Rockwell Collins supplies the communications and navigations suite including: ACARS (aircraft communications addressing and reporting system), ADF (automatic direction finding), VHF omni-directional radio range navigation aid with data from the distance measuring equipment (VOR/DME), multi-mode receivers (MMRs), TCAS ll collision avoidance system and weather radar, as well as optional items such as satellite communications and data-links.

ENGINES

The aircraft is offered with two IAE V2527M-A5 engines or two CFM International CFM 56-5B7 developing 111.9kN. The fuel tanks have a capacity of 6,260 US gallons (23,860l) giving the aircraft a range of over 6,500km with eight passengers. The aircraft is approved for 180 minutes ETOPS operations (extended range twin engine operations).
The total usable fuel capacity can be increased to 10,640 US gallons by installing up to six auxiliary fuel tanks.
The aircraft is fitted with full authority digital engine control (FADEC). FADEC increases engine life and lowers costs through providing fuel control thrust setting computation, engine limit protection, automatic start sequencing and monitoring, thrust reverse control and feedback, flight deck indications and engine health monitoring.

SAFETY STANDARDS

The Airbus Corporate Jetliner meets the FAR Amendment 56 standards for protection against sudden decompression, damage tolerant and fail safe structure, structural fatigue evaluation, bird strike damage protection, emergency exits and access doors and ice protection.

Asahi

Asahi

gone

i will never (!!!) travel with these big air plane ! ~ 800 people ! no way ! to much .. my mom talked to me yesterday that it is so high like a house with 8 floors ...

>,< horrible !!!!

someguy66

someguy66

The FlameHaze

I would travel in the new airplane but i have no idea if it is safe. lolz....

Signature

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

wow I would never ever expect anyone talk about this topic here in all place. XD

but yea... the Airbus this the premier new idea for a cheaper and better fight made by the eurpos. And boeing is getting kill on this one with their new 7E7 dreamliner. The cost on fuel and maintain is reduce due to the fact that you won't need as much flight so the airline company can lower the ticket price *been told the sirline int. can get the ticket up to 20-30% cheaper then what you pay for now by switching to the airbus* so it'll eventually be good for us the consumer. what this bothers me is the safety for now with a big bird in the sky like this. @_@

Signature

I don't mind travelling in this new aircraft as long as its comfortable and safe. :)
I wonder if it will take a lot more time to evacuate the passengers in the case of emergency.
Really reminds us of the Titanic ^_^'

i'd never want to travel in one of these. 800 people inside a big airplane doesn't bother me. 800 people at the gate all waiting to board the same flight? hell no.

i wonder if a multi-billionaire will buy one and make it his own... RV in the air. if only i were rich enough...

---I'm going to live forever. so far, so good.---

waah.......giant plain........xD
hmz....I think I would fly with this thing......but is it save.??? xD
I actually don't like to travel with an airplane.....I got airsick xD , and get some freaky diseas O_o........hmz...mayB a bigger airplaine should fit me better xD

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Quote by meteorcloudwaah.......giant plain........xD
hmz....I think I would fly with this thing......but is it save.??? xD I
actually don't like to travel with an airplane.....I got airsick xD ,
and get some freaky diseas O_o........hmz...mayB a bigger airplaine
should fit me better xD

We could end up having another Twin Tower incident.

But I'm sure ppl won't get sick or something like that. Unless they always get sick on normal airplanes anyway.

i kinda wanna see this thing for myself tho. Airbus was in this game called Megaman X: Command Mission.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Quote by AthrunWe could end up having another Twin Tower incident.

me think it would be worst -_- plane is bigger then usual
and me would be pwetty scared goin in sumin dat big o.o
o.o fosty kno a lot...more then me anywayzy

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

I have a thing for planes....gigantic ones.....I love to see them fly on the sky.......I love to watch them when I got to the airport.....and at the same time, i´m afraid of flying some of them...

I call that "masoquism" ^^;

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.