Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are you in a college anime club? - Minitokyo

Are you in a college anime club?

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Hey all, I was wondering how many otaku here are in an anime club. I'm in one that's just getting started and I'm the webmaster (www.otakuelite.com). I could use some advice for my peers and myself about how to make sure viewing is legal or perhaps just your experiences. Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Nope not in a College AC but i am in mai HighSchool AC. Oh awsome! a Webmaster for the AC ironicly i'm the art for mai AC. BTW nice page and awesome pix of Karen.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I imagine my university has an anime club, but I haven't heard of or soon it. A shame really because it might be nice to go and have a look. *investigates*

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Yeah I submitted that Karen scan without thouroughly checking to see if it's on here already. It is, I learned my lesson =/ That's cool, I didn't know Highschools had anime clubs.

Signature

setoshi

Deep Frozen

I'm starting a anime club in the netherlands..and i'm also in the only dutch anime club so far :)

Banchan

Banchan

Nocturnal Creature

Well... I took up Japanese Studies during college... so if you could consider an organization dedicated in studying everything-Japan as anime-related, then yeah, I'm in.

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

I can't say that I'm in a college anime club, since I'm not in college. But, I am in a high school anime club. And when I get to college, I'll probably join another anime club.

after watching genshiken i've been wanting to join one, but my school is 85% beautiful girls, so i doubt there will be one, lol.

Spikexp

Truth Seaker

I not in college yet, but we have a anime club at my high school.

Where I fight, I fight alone, where I walk, I walk alone.

Each of us needs a quest, and a person without one is lost to himself

Due to recent cutbacks, and until further notice, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

We have one where I'm going. I have friends who're in it, but I'd never go. The people who attend regularly are crazy weird. The earth is flat, and anything is possible (literally) sort of crazy weird.

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

someguy66

someguy66

The FlameHaze

I join an anime club in college even though i am not in college and i am in a high school anime club too.

Signature

I already have a crazy story from my club and we've only had 1 official meeting. This guy was just doing wierd unexplicable things the whole time and in the end he wrote down "Do you enjoy lsd?" in really nice letters on a newspaper and showed it to me. That would explain a few things. Anyway I said, "No, I'd never really consider trying it." Then he responded, "That's cool, that's cool. Just want to stay away from.. police possibilities." I assume that's why he wrote it down, lol.

Signature

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

i would be in my college ac but the time for the meetings is during a class of mine >_< oh well, theres always next semester

fao

I join in anime club of my collage for three years.

I've gone to the anime club here, but Im not terribly fond of the stuff they watched. Though i dont go to the college that has the club(its open to anyone). That count?

poolshark

poolshark

Kurushio

Im in an anime club at my college,we watched scryed and tylor last semester...^_^

Murder is my daily bread.
-Kirika Yumura

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

I used to be in an anime club back in college, I met many cool friends there, and we have a blast with group field trips as well as a holloween house.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

I've recently been appointed the president of my own university's anime club. My problem is that I have to pick up the mess that was left by the previous president because he mismanaged the club and nearly lost all return attendees. Now there's just "core members" left who come only cause they want to socialize.

On the bright side, we have our own studio and are in the process of making our own anime right now.

Quote by magister-kitsune
On the bright side, we have our own studio and are in the process of
making our own anime right now.

That's awesome, we plan on doin a manga. Good luck!

Signature

Jinpun

Jinpun

The one and only

My college has an anime club, but I'm not in it. Not sure why not, guess its just too much trouble to actually join and attend meetings, etc.

Signature

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i went to one meeting... never went back x_x

Yeah, that does happen a lot. It usually has something to do with the fact that people can just get fansubs off the net and watch what they want there, cause a club doesn't have anything else to draw people in and actively participate.

Therefore, my club is soon gonna install kareoke, DDR, and more video gaming into the club. Hopefully, any combination of these new features will help bring more people in.

Of course, we already have some significant features. We have a deal with a hotel over in Anaheim to charge a flat rate for the Anime Expo weekend. We also throw a barbecue every once in awhile. And, like I said, a studio for anyone who wants to partcipate in it. (I'm apparently set up as an in-betweener right now).

I know some other anime club did a manga anthology where a bunch of their members self-published a graphic-novel format book, and it apparently was moderately successful, enough so for them to have put a second one out. Their name escapes me at the moment though.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.