Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 maya 6 YAY! bbut i don't know how to yet - Minitokyo

maya 6 YAY! bbut i don't know how to yet

page 1 of 1 11 total items

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

well the thread title obviously states it all. i just got maya 6 on my computter and i am like super duper excited to start using it and learning how to use it, but i don't know where to start or how to start, since i have only worked with 3ds max and i barely used it, and i forgot most of what i did. so does anyone have any like tutorial sites or how to books that they know of that i could perhaps purchase for this problem of mine. any suggestions or links or whatever would be very much appreciated, since as of right now i can't get into any of the classes offered at my school. stupid prereqs and core requirements.

Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

XD lucky u.
U must have a really good com to stand up to maya requirement ^^.
a good tutorial site that i know is from bakaneko , i thought i saw a maya section there once. But i can't guaranteed itstill there, since i haven't been there fors few months ^^

Anyway congrats ^^ and have fun with it ^^

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

ah, thanks alot. very much appreciated.

Signature

mikl1976

mikl1976

Mugen no kanata made

Glad to see you switched to Maya instead of crapy old 3DS-Max... i swear i dont really know why people like that program so much.. Maya is so much more simple to use and operate.
As far as tutorials, what do you plan to do with it? I myself work with maya part time doing animations for a game. I find it very simple to do everythiing i need.
There are tons of good tutorial sites out there. but i have a lot catagorized on what their specialty is, like: modeling, making bones, animation. effects and lighting, etc...

Signature

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

well since i'm just getting into 3d animation and modeling, i really don't know much, other than how to make simple geometric figures, thanks to the create nurbs and polygons. as of now i'm just trying to figure out how to animate, i understand keyframes and all that jazz and how to move simple things, but when i go to more extremes as leg bends and movements of a whole body, since i don't know how to model yet, it looks really choppy since i move the head and body, then the legs, no arms yet. and also timing out the leg bends is really tough, i know how to make a joint, but i don't know how to use the joint or how to operate it. ah, i really need to work with it more really.

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

So, with Maya 6, you would be able to make 3D RPGs?

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

I know with the Maya 5 PLE there were some tutorials included. Have you looked in help to see if any tutorials came with the program?

try here

http://www.cgtalk.com/

Mostly for inspiration. You'll need it. Maya's a tuff proggie to deal with and if you start getting advance with it I can only hope your system can handle it

Good luck and I can 't wait to see your first works :)

http://www.digital-tutors.com

FREE tutorials. Free video tutorials.

Maya is mainly for making 3-d models it can't make games or any thing like that...

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

i never would have guessed. but i've improved a bit with the program. school gets in the way of me devoting more time to it, if i could post animations here i would post the short minute or so animation i did with it here. but oh well.

Signature

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.