Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Question!! Is is ok to extract an image from a wallpaper? - Minitokyo

Question!! Is is ok to extract an image from a wallpaper?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

hykyit

hykyit

- Softie -

Well, like the title says..Is it ok to extract an image from a wallpaper? Its because the wallpaper's bg is very plain and so is it ok to extract that character from the wallpaper and create a new bg for it??

I just cant stop talking~ XD

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

As long as you get the permission from the one who made it, yeah.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

I would ask for the original scan source, extracting a lower res wallpaper degrades the quality of extraction.

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

hykyit

hykyit

- Softie -

Quote by white-zeroAs long as you get the permission from the one who made it, yeah.

Hmm....That's a bit hard... I got it from a Japanese website and i don't know how to read the contents of that website...

lensterknight

lensterknight

Ah, the leeching.

Although one can't claim ownership over the scan itself, he can over eventual cleaning, re-cging etc. on it.

Unless it's a vector, it isn't something as bad as ripping; if you can't ask the author, give him credit and it should be okay.

hykyit

hykyit

- Softie -

Quote by lensterknightAlthough one can't claim ownership over the scan itself, he can over eventual cleaning, re-cging etc. on it.

Unless it's a vector, it isn't something as bad as ripping; if you can't ask the author, give him credit and it should be okay.

So it means as long as i give credit to the author then it is allowed...Thanks for helping me out lensterknight! Taurec and white-zero, thanks a lot too!

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.