Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 if u cut a corner off of a square, how many corners would b left - Minitokyo

if u cut a corner off of a square, how many corners would b left

page 1 of 1 16 total items

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

if you cut a corner off of a square, how many corners would b left?

GutsyAnime

GutsyAnime

Hardcore Gamer

5 wouldn't it?

Unless you are thinking of another square or I am thinking or cutting a corner of wrong?

hishou

hishou

- elusive shadow user on hiatus-

square=4
square-1=3
answer:3

^_^

Signature
Need help? Double-check the FAQ before you thread. ^_~ *hint-hint*
My Most Recent Wall: Odyssey v2 - A Tsubasa: R.C. wallie! ^^
My Most Recent Doujinshi: "Angela"

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by GutsyAnime5 wouldn't it?

Unless you are thinking of another square or I am thinking or cutting a corner of wrong?

Yes it would be 5 corners indeed. A square cut in any acute angle is bound to give off 2 more - so 3 + 2 = 5 here. No brainer - lol - good going.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Mishikaiya

Mishikaiya

The Black Goddess

I wanna say 5 also

"Hello world, suck the life from my voice and breathe it back into yourselves"

autumnchill

autumnchill

~.::.Memento Mori.::.~

Eh...5.............................Is this supposed to be a trick question? >.< I'm not that easily fooled, glassheart, heheheh...^.^"

~.:: R E M E M B E R - T H A T - Y O U - W I L L - D I E ::.~

I think we need more information to define what a corner is. Do you mean a 90 degree angle because in that case it would be 3. However, if you mean any angle then it would be 5.

Are we still keeping the peice we cut off, because then it would be 8. And, if you are only talking about 90 degree angles and keeping the piece we cut off then it would still be 4.

The burrito is the greatest invention conceived by the likes of man!

autumnchill

autumnchill

~.::.Memento Mori.::.~

Qubed, I think you are going way into it..........stop digging such a deep hole! Corners can be any kind of angle, not just 90 degrees...it could be 1 degree for all we know...but would it then be from a square? And I think glassheart is talking about the whole picture after you've cut a corner off. Not including the corner........am I right?

~.:: R E M E M B E R - T H A T - Y O U - W I L L - D I E ::.~

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

you could have 3....but that'd be cutting off half of the other two...so I guess....5

me say 10!!!!! XD i did this last month in math class XD
me might be wrong though ^-^
10 is for cube!

5 for sguare!

I was just getting into it.

Lookie, lookie! 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10...n Everytime you cut a corner you get another corner.

Just for fun, if you take the sum of all the corners 4 + 5 + 6 + ... N, what do you get.
(N*(N+1))/2 - (1 + 2 + 3)

i think that's right? Now wasn't that fun!

The burrito is the greatest invention conceived by the likes of man!

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

if you cut a square into 2 by chipping one half corner off~ then 3!! =p
else is 5 yeh...

qubed:
yep thats correct formula =p
1+2+...+n = n(n+1)/2

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

it depends on what ur cutting first
if u're cutting a square paper then 5
y do u ask such questions?

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

hmm i was thinking of cutting through the diagonale which would leave three corners...but since the question was what happens if you cut ONE corner off of a square this isnt a valid answer. it leaves five corners id say if you cut away one corner off of it :\ i aggree to most of the oterhs who posted in this thread ^^

fuzzmegabass

fuzzmegabass

Code Ninja

Aha! a solution exists *goes back to doing other stuff*

Signature Image

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

Yes 5 sides it is :)

Quote by autumnchillEh...5.............................Is this supposed to be a trick question? &gt;.&lt; I'm not that easily fooled, glassheart, heheheh...^.^"

>.< tooo many smart ppl here...

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.