Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ripping walls? What does it mean to you? - Minitokyo

Ripping walls? What does it mean to you?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

I'm just curious as to what everyone thinks, what makes a wall a "rip"? What are your feelings when someone uses your work without your permission?

Just a few hours ago, I had one of my walls ripped (for the 3rd time ~_~)

http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/v_showentry.php?s=&categoryid=2&entryid=18603

As a waller, I was angry of course~ but I was willing to let it go until he replied with this...

Quote: I changed it enough to the extent of it being postable so that it shows i put my work into it but I also left it so it looks like the old image. You really need to stop being such a baby =.=.

Is it really justifiable that he can claim it his original work~?

dMp

dMp

^___________^

damn...that's a cheapo. 10 layers...? all i can see is he inverted the colors... done and claims it as his. i'm starting to have a bad feeling ppl might rip mines too. and all my work are submitted here and only here. i hope no leechers takes one of mine and puts it at another site claiming it's his/her.

I must admit I have made many wallpapers none for this site but if someone took my work and claim it as theres. Personally I'll be flattered that my work must have been good enough somebody wants to rip it...

Coordinator

Coordinator

To Protect is To DESTROY

Well, I haven't made many wallpapers, I began 2 weeks ago and I post my wallpapers only here and I hope, that nobody took my wallpaper and post it somewhere else as his wallpaper ... DAMN this people. I don't understand, why this pople do this ?

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Hmm. Well to me that is unfair.

Quote by dMpdamn...that's a cheapo. 10 layers...? all i can see is he inverted the colors... done and claims it as his. i'm starting to have a bad feeling ppl might rip mines too. and all my work are submitted here and only here. i hope no leechers takes one of mine and puts it at another site claiming it's his/her.

Well sooner or later ppl WILL rip. Happened to me before but I still post. we wallers work and think hard to make these walls... and to rip walls claimin that they made them, it's just wrong and stealin. So C9 I feel ya.

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

it never happened to me so...that means i suck at walling XD or are mine just soooooooooo uber good that they aint worth ripping...anyways ripping sucks. and i personally don't know why there putting the rips up here on mt...

ripping is bad, ripping is evil.

see no rips, speak no rips, hear no rips XD

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

i sincerly hate those lame ignorant idiots that claim others work as their own.

It's my inmense pleasure to find them and make them look like the morons they are.

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

suntiger

suntiger

.::Angel of Chaos::.

Honestly I think every waller, or any person dealing with graphics/art, know that they have the possiblity of being ripped, and should be prepared for it.. but when it does happen its really unfair to the original artist.

I think its pretty sad that people take pride from ripping off someone elses work and naming it their own. Pride is something you should feel after you accomplished something.. ripping anothers hard work isnt something to feel accomplished about ~_~

Look at this way.. the people who rip you have no sense of honor or creativity of their own, so at least you know without a doubt your better than them ^^;;

Meh I know I wanted to say something else but I forget what it was~

oh, want me to go pound the ripper for ya? ^.~

Kev

Retired Moderator

Hannibal

even AO has control over moderating wallpapers, they DO NOT check for rips and submission of other ppls wallpaper

its just sad, that the mods are not doing their job right

also, moderating a wallpaper takes like 1/2 a day to get it done..

oh yeah, the wallpaper was deleted, hehe

If someone rips one of my walls I rip out their heart *growl*
Well.....ripping is low altough it proves that you are good.

Laitainae

Laitainae

Nebby

It makes me so extremely angry when I see someone posting another's work and getting so much praise for it. And they just sit there and take the credit for something THEY didn't make while US the people who actually make OUR OWN WALLPAPERS go through the processes involved in MAKING these wallpapers ONLY to have some idiot who can't do it themselves come and TAKE IT and claim it as their own and sit back and let themselves be praised by other people who have no idea that the wallpaper they're commenting on wasn't made by the one claiming it to be theirs. xx' sorry but I get very worked up on topics like this.

;_; my RPG was canceled due to lack of interest and participation. It lives on in story form, though! You can read chapters 1 &2 at http://johnnyistdeyummy.deviantart.com

Asahi

Asahi

gone

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. <--- x__x

ripping is bad/evil and unfair. if s.o. rips MY WORKS i will very angry too - when i will see it. >_<

laitainea <-- same opinion. (i cannt write it in my own words, english is to bad) ;__;

Quote by Taureci sincerly hate those lame ignorant idiots that claim others work as their own.

It&#39;s my inmense pleasure to find them and make them look like the morons they are.

So short, yet so sweet ^_^

Poor Cloud_nine x_X .. people should stop stealing!! XO .. You know, sometimes it's just that people don't understand the big picture, and what "ripping a wall" really is..

Question to anyone here.. is it just me, or does it bother you when someone uses a background, crop it, and makes it their sig/ava?

Well, it sickens me =P .. ^^;; .. Sigh.. people need to learn. .. btw, did anyone save that background that was supposedly "altered enough to call that person's own work"? o_O .. Sort of curious in what it looks like..

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Sort of curious in what it looks like..

Well take the orginal paper .. then invert it .. fuck it up with 10 messy grunge brush layers and you get the idea.

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Asahi

Asahi

gone

Quote: Question to anyone here.. is it just me, or does it bother you when someone uses a background, crop it, and makes it their sig/ava?

hmm.. i dont like it because writing a name on it or make it smaller, sig size, can everybody; but the main work (the whole artwork) - not. >_> .. its the same as someone make a layout out of your artwork/wallpaper or something else..

Woah! Holy CRAP! WHERE DID IT GO!? Oops.. I deleted it. My bad. *rolls eyes sarcastically*

A rip is a rip, nuff said, wall gone. User mentioned to admin.

Rex

Rex

Fafner Pilot

ripping...to me is ones disrespect of anothers property.....

as for that guy....editing it still doesn't justify his action of calling it his "own piece of work"

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

*bonks cloud_nine's ripper on the head*

*bonks the ripper again*

*again*

dont they have a life? i mean, come on! instead of ripping they can start TRYING to make their own .. grr .. .. grr .. *bonks ripper again*

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

I think that people who rip walls are just jealous, lazy asses.
I just don't understand, what's the point of ripping? To level up in a community? If you're gonna rip walls just to level up (or something similar) then you should just be banned.
And if you rip walls to get credit, well...what's wrong with you? "ZOMG!!!!11!!!!11one!!111ichi!!1 Looks at thiz zuper cool wallie I made not DEleTe OkAy?"
I mean, if you just like the wall and want people to think you made it, you're just disrespecting the artist. But there will always be people who rip walls. The world has not yet been cleansed of stupid. XD

Angelette

Angelette

[Q^_^]-O

Quote by suntiger

I think its pretty sad that people take pride from ripping off someone elses work and naming it their own. Pride is something you should feel after you accomplished something.. ripping anothers hard work isnt something to feel accomplished about ~_~

I definitely agree. What I don't understand is how one has the audacity to claim something they haven't done as theirs.

However, this is no reason for wallers to stop posting online. After all, it is to be thought that any digital work must be made with the knowledge that it will be "pirated". If you think about it, ripped works is just the same as pirated software, etc. You also get identity theft, and this stuff just happens and you have to realize that it will keep happening and the only way to stop it in any way is to be vigilant.

Signature

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

If I change something in a wallpaper, I'm only doing this so it better matches my desktop.
I would never ever upload this kind of stuff anywhere.

Posting an unchanged wallpaper under ones own name (or with removing of the signature as the only change) is just like theft.
No, it's actually even worse than theft, because they claim to be the original creator by uploading it.
Downloading a wallpaper would be the simple theft. XD

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Quote by may
Question to anyone here.. is it just me, or does it bother you when someone uses a background, crop it, and makes it their sig/ava?

Mah~ It does bother me sometimes when someone uses my walls in their sigs, but it happens so often that I can't keep track of them all~ ^^;;

What really bothers me is the rippers who are aware of what they're doing and feel nothing for the original creator. To take someone's work and tear apart the concept and hard work behind it then claiming it as their own~ It's completely unforgivable.

Like Noctum said, it's even worse than theft~ =x

Shota

Shota

Forever Nameless

A rip is a rip, when you use someone elses bg and "edit" it, its not original. When you dont get permission to use soemone elses wall and then post it saying you changed it a little then call it your own. That is a rip and if i were the original owner i owuld be pissed. It like plagarism, some ppl like to think as long as 4 words are not copied fromt the original work, its not plagarism, thats not true if oyu take someone elses ideas and give no credit and call it your own work, its stealing. Same case here, when yout ake someones wall and then change it a bit then give no credit and then call it your own work, its stealing.

Signature

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i had plenty of my walls ripped...dont know why they would want to do that, but that's not for me to know. i confronted one of the fellow, specifically on DA. he kept saying that the image was not mine becuase i didn't draw it. heck, after sending back and forth about 15 pm's, i just gave up...DA was going to wipe anime section anyways. but i guess rippers dont know that we put a lot of work on it :b

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.