Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is age an important factor in dating? - Minitokyo

Is age an important factor in dating?

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 99 total items

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

.::Hopeless::.

I was just wnodering how important age was to you when you're
looking for someone to date. Personally I only date older guys
around my age and that are LEGAL. I think more and more people
are not considering people's ages when they're dating, to me
it doesn't matter whether it's online dating or not, I've just a had
a few friends who havent taken that into account, and I think they
should. I mean it's one thing when the person is 18 and the other one is
above 18 as well but when they're not at least 18 I think its a little creepy
and wrong (they're also called a pedophile)but it could just be me. I would
like to hear you opinions too. Have a nice day^_^

Signature Image
You shattered all the hopes and dreams I never had.....

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I was almost a pedophile! DarkMaiden knows of this! XD

It's important that you date someone around your age. People will think you're crazy if you date someone much younger. So, no matter where you go (the internet, school, college, anywhere), it's best to find someone age-appropriate. Otherwise, what's the word? Pedophile! :)

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

lol very true melmachine18 lol
but you're not a pedophile thats
what's important lol

Signature Image

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

yeah a bit i geuss, it depends on how you feel about it.
NOt a biggy i supposed ...

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Doesn't matter to me older or younger ^^' as long as the age gap is not 20 years or more. But who knows... Life is unpredictable.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

buggydude

buggydude

Now comes with 90% more fondue!

Yeah i figure age plays a part. there is a fine line between dating and being a pedophiliac. I think it should kind of stay within tight limits until around eighteen then things can loosen up a bit cuz you can make your own decisions from there on out.

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

Given the really, really wide range of ages here on MT, the answer varies depending on how old you are and your potential date is. It's safe to say that as you get older, the difference in ages is less important. I'm eight years older than my wife (but maturity-wise I'm much, much younger :D) and the difference was no big deal -- it didn't even occur to either of us as a factor. She was 26, I was 34 when we met and we've had a blast ever since.

Any dating situation where one person is younger than legal adult becomes a minefield, because there are now legal issues that come into play. There are also morality and maturity issues to consider, as well as domination-and-control issues. As much fun as it might be for a high school guy to think about getting it on with a hot teacher, it's just not a good idea no matter how much the hormones are moaning. Don't date across the legal adult line. Just don't.

The rest is a grey area. One's own maturity level and life experiences will give a guideline as to whether an age disparity will work. I've known eighteen-year-olds who are mature, sensible adults, and I've known forty-five-year-olds who are not. Any large disparity in maturity and experience between the two people (or three, or however many you decide to engage with) will weigh against a successful relationship. As always, YMMV.

--Mike

randomspace

randomspace

Why are you here anyway?

i agree WITH MIKETO

personally, as you get older the reasonable dating range expands.

when your say 13, you tend to focus on people that are no more then a year

14 and 15 your looking at one year younger or maybe 2 years older
at 16 and 17 2 years below and 2-3 years above

after that things start to get complicated. Socially and personally.

Legally you can have issues, and socially it can be weird.

it's all relative in comparrison to maturity and such.

The rule of thumb is, before your are a legal adult, date with people close to your age.
when you are a legal adult, it is your responsibility to take care of yourself and not put yourself in a position in which less the favorable things can happen.

Signature
"life is like an analogy"

Unoffically, but nearly verified, tallest person you'll ever meet. (on MT)

If you stare long enough, it will wink at you. (especially if you go crazy because your staring so long)

thebigdoublek

thebigdoublek

The Last Hurrah

I'm almost 24 and I've dated girls recently that are 18... I just can't seem to attract older womens! ...it doesn't help that I have a face that looks 19 or 20 still though... :T oh well. Under 18 would be really creepy and icky too... I mean, I'm done with college... where would I expect a relationship to go if the girl's just getting out of High School?! Age doesn't matter, but when you're both out in the real world and have jobs, you're more at the same point in your life than if you were 18 or 24, very different times in your lives that change who you are. As for me... no more dating teenagers... ugh... only +21 for me... XP

Signature Image

{Fight-club}{MT-Singles-Club}{RPG-Fans}{Ecchi-Club}{ShirowClub}

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

personally im pretty liberal when it comes to ages when dating, co-mingling or even getting married. i love to read of stories in which a 80 yr old rich guy marries a 22 yr old. Rupert Murdoch any1? ;)

But i gotta draw the line [drags foot in sand] on underage dating. if someone is say 13 yr old and is "dating" an 18 yr old. thats just wrong-imo. :o

but hey who am i to say. :pacman: :( ;)

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

Its all about being responsible. If you are being a responsible person, then age really doesn't matter. And know that you are responsible for your actions when with the other person. Personally I think the law should change. How is it okay for a 16 and 17 year old to be together, but not a 16 and 18 year old?

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

I agree with both both miketo and randomspace, my Girlfriend is 2 years younger than me, im 16, and neither of us give a dam on what others think.
If you ask me age in a relationship shouldn't really matter as long as you both care for each other,
If anyone has a problem with that just tell them to mind their own business.

(Muncherman rules over all!!!)

What is underage? It's legal in some places when the girl's as young as 12.

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

In... where, Africa? Most developed nations have it at at least 16, I think. And of course age matters, to some extent. Most teenage girls aren't going to go for guys in their 50's or 60's--no matter how sexy you think Sean Connery is for his age. And then, during the teenage years, there's usually such a noticeable difference in mental maturity between even a couple of years difference, so even there, there aren't going to be a lot of people who can connect enough to form a stable, loving relationship who aren't pretty close in age.

Signature
New Wallpapers: Monochrome Etude
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

well im 16 so ill limit myself to anyone a few years older or younger then me

the only reason i dont really aim for anyone older or younger (specifically older) is ackward feelings you tend to have when you hang-out each other's friends... anyways...for me..im still a teen so i cant really be having such large age gaps in my dating life yet >_>

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

age is something i do look for when i am dating. i like to date guys who are acouple of years older than me. that way i can have a somewhat decent conversation with them! :)

Signature Image

* : )

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by wahiawagirl78age is something i do look for when i am dating. i like to date guys who are acouple of years older than me. that way i can have a somewhat decent conversation with them! :)

okay. so what's your number, wahiawagirl78? :licks pencil and gets out note pad: OX jk ;)

Quote by makhan In... where, Africa? Most developed nations have it at at least 16, I think. And of course age matters, to some extent. Most teenage girls aren't going to go for guys in their 50's or 60's--no matter how sexy you think Sean Connery is for his age. And then, during the teenage years, there's usually such a noticeable difference in mental maturity between even a couple of years difference, so even there, there aren't going to be a lot of people who can connect enough to form a stable, loving relationship who aren't pretty close in age.

dude one word "money". $$$$$

;)

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

Quote by DREAMpersonally im pretty liberal when it comes to ages when dating,
co-mingling or even getting married. i love to read of stories in which
a 80 yr old rich guy marries a 22 yr old. Rupert Murdoch any1? ;)
But i gotta draw the line [drags foot in sand] on underage dating. if
someone is say 13 yr old and is "dating" an 18 yr old. thats just
wrong-imo. :o
but hey who am i to say. :pacman: :( ;)

Nicely said^^ I agree I think the both need to be legal to date, I mean if later on in life you meet someone older than thats fine, but I just wouldnt want anyone to be labeled as a pedophile, thats my main point

Signature Image

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Here's how I draw the line.

If the person you're dating is old enough to be your mom or dad, or vise versa, if you are old enough to be their mom or dad, then you shouldn't be dating them.

So basically after about a 15 year or so difference, its time to draw the line.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

sorry double post.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

autumnchill

autumnchill

~.::.Memento Mori.::.~

To me, I strongly feel that age doesn't matter at all when dating. All that does matter is if you like the person you are dating with. At least that's what I think...^.^

~.:: R E M E M B E R - T H A T - Y O U - W I L L - D I E ::.~

runic

meep

age i also think is important, however I know that relationships where the ages are five yrs apart can work too, but I get grossed out when you have a 40 year old and a 20 year old together *shiver*

but me peronally I tend to look for someone around my age and thats one to 3 years older

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

lol unfortunately I don't date and the sorts - never opened my options to such a thing either.

But yeah, age does significantly play a role to me here.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, it would be okay to date anyone who's around 20sh personally, but now its more of a young people should date young people only, kind of thing.

As to the maturity level - I can act very child-like, but mature as well. Very mature. I was young back then and they considered me to act much older for my age, and more mature for that matter - so it really depends on age and their manners and such.

But yes, even though personality does count, it wouldn't seem right dating someone far older than you. That's just my opinion, of course.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I agree with melmachine18. Dating someone around your age is the best thing to a have a good relationship.

Signature Image

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 99 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.