Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Where is $1? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

I've heard this story from one of my teachers. I think it's pretty cool. Here goes:
There were three people travelling together. One night, they stopped at a hotel and decided to rent 1 room only. The receiptionist charged them $30 for a room, each gave him $10. After that, the manager told the receiptionist to charge those 3 people only $25 because it was weekend.
The receiptionist went to their room to give them $5 back, first he gave each person $1, there's $2 left and they told him to keep it as a tip.
So each person now only have to pay $9, three people will have to pay (9*3 = 27) plus $2 tip then it would be $29 in total. So where is $1?
Have fun :)

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

aemil

aemil

Mega-newb

The missing $1 doesnt really exist.
It only seems that way since you try and be misleading through adding $2 to $27.

Okay, we start off with $30.
==================
The hotel keeps $25
The receptionist keeps $2
The people get $3 back total

The $9 each person pays covers the room and the tip. Once you add on the remaining $3, that accounts for all $30.

KiYa

KiYa

Quotes for me

i know the answer...PM me if you want to find out, it's a rather simple explanation
i say PM so i don't spoil the attempts for all of those who check this reply list prior to giving up or even attempting
laters

Hehe,in this way,it seems that $1 lost.but think it like this:they paid $25,and they back$3,it was$28,plus the $2 tip,so 25+3+2=30,right?
Hehe,I think the 9x3=27 this way is wrong,cause it's not the true that everyone had paid$9,cause 25/3 is not a whole number,is 8.3333....,don't know that I describe clearly,because my english is not good.^_^'

Try to be cool but..... Try to be easy but..... So I still do myself !!!

Quote by jingjing1208Hehe,in this way,it seems that $1 lost.but think it like this:they paid $25,and they back$3,it was$28,plus the $2 tip,so 25+3+2=30,right?
Hehe,I think the 9x3=27 this way is wrong,cause it's not the true that everyone had paid$9,cause 25/3 is not a whole number,is 8.3333....,don't know that I describe clearly,because my english is not good.^_^'

lol yeah nice one

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.