Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Appleseed - Minitokyo

Tagged under Appleseed

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 43 total items

i've never seen it yet but from the info i get , it says that appleseed is a great anime movie. But it;s not as popular as ghost on the shell

i think it was awesome i have seen it alot of times i cant count

don't worry the site will be up soon
Signature
http://junto.sytes.net

Ryu-oh

Critical Critic

I'm going more with XianPu with this. Appleseed felt like... eye candy. Animation, fight scenes were incredible, but... I didn't feel the Briarios/Deunan team dynamic that I wanted, or more llike expected from the manga. And the storyline felt a bit... er.. contrived to me.

It was still infinitely better than the first Appleseed movie though.

So I'd rate it "good", since it was fun to watch. But you really need to read Shirow's manga to really experience what Deunan and Bri are about. (and to get a better look at what Shirow was trying to say with the story)

Signature
Stare at the sun, what do you see?

I love the movie, although I have no clue what the original version is/was like.

The soundtrack is very bad except for a single song, though...the makers should have paid much more attention to the music IMO.

kylewasson

kylewasson

Otaku-man

It is a great anime but there are others that are just as good such as Akira and Ghost in the Shell.

Visit my website here.

View Kyle's Latest Wall here (Jumping For Joy!) | Scott's Latest here (Night Magic).

i thought it was great. I thought the visuals were spectacular and the action scenes were always good. But i agree that they should have focused a bit more on Deunan/Briarios teamwork.

well i dont know what the original was like but this one was awesome and they are going to be making a second one and a series i cant wait for them to come out

don't worry the site will be up soon
Signature
http://junto.sytes.net

Ryu-oh

Critical Critic

Pick up the manga from.... dark horse, I think? *doublechecks* Yep, Dark Horse comics. Total of four graphic novels, probably a little less than $20.00 ea. Worth every cent XD

Signature
Stare at the sun, what do you see?

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

I liked that while it was CGI it retained a normal anime like feel because of how they colored it (using cell shading). It was an unbelievably cool movie.

The movie had great animation, and the story was pretty good, and so were the characters.

When you feel lost, what do you do? When your alone, who can help you? When you've been betrayed, who can you trust?

I agree, It was amazing, znd those stupid crtitics suck! After what Kash said, I looked into it, and he/she was right! If you haven't seen it yet, I defienatly suggest it.

Isn't life great when you're MALEVOLENT

frostious

frostious

Not an aggressive animal.

I'm a huge fan of the original Appleseed manga, so it might be that I'm just biased, but I LOVE the movie! True, it's not nearly as good as the manga, but I still like it very muchies. But yeah, there were some things I missed, most of all the Briareos/Deunan interaction - they're so cute and dynamic in the manga, it's one of the things I love most about it. *is a total sucker for Bri x Deunan* :3 I hope in the next movie and/or in the series they're done angsting, and can concentrate on being the cutest dynamic duo that they are. ;D
And dude, where did they lose all of Deunan's kickassness? Not to mention Bri's?!

But yeah, despite all the complaining I do, I really do luff the movie. *sends big squishy hearts at Appleseed's general direction* <3 <3 <3

Loyd

Loyd

Quotes

Everything as really shiny like if it was constantly beign washed but when the robot that looks likea bunny(brioros) or something like that fights those 3 robot ladies that was just awesome how its looks was great and when the music kicked in was perfect timing i personally really liked this movie but i still like akira more

"To be forgotten is worse then death."
"How do you prove that we exist....maybe we don't exist."
"I don't feel as if i can save anyone my family nor my friends."
"To know your future is to die by your future."

Groups
Band_of_Brothers
MGS
Full_Metal_Alchemist
Dot_Hack
Magic_the_Gathering

hmmmm, i've never seen akira....but i own appleseed, and i LOVE appleseed! its a very well-made movie, not really your classic anime drawn movie, but more of a CG animation with a hint of anime styling to it....

Hey, Akira's a legend, every guy who likes futuristic kick ass anime should, wait, MUST see Akira. So glad so many people think positively of Appleseed!*shakes hands with every dude and gal*)))

Traize

Traize

Design Student

I really liked Appleseed, but the original is still better in my opinion, though the new one has some bits I really love & went into certain areas of the back story a lot more I found the first to be more engaging (though the new Appleseed is still great!).

I must admit though, for mecha the newer Appleseed is just stunning, both movies include the Land Mates & Mobile Fortresses, but the second film's depiction of the Mobile Fortresses is just evil, theres something very menacing about all those eyes :D

Great visuals too, the city scapes are particularly beautiful, very inspiring.

Signature
Dick Van Dyke is my Chuck Norris

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

The movie was excellent. Really glad it was not Just a remake of the original. Story was great, music was great,and animation was excellent.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

its a really good movie

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Okay please just leave extremely old threads alone. If you really want to discuss a threads topic then please make a new thread.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 43 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.