Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which is better? AMD or Intel? - Minitokyo

Which is better? AMD or Intel?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 47 total items

Quote by HoltBring out the guns. I hope no one is as close minded on this subject as
some of my friends. Every time I mention I use Intel they start
throwing things at me ^_^'
I'm hoping people can give me an unbiased opinion on which one to go
for.

*readies a table to throw at Holt*

Just kidding. :D I choose AMD.

Intel is a very solid workhorse. But AMD gives you a better bang for the buck. Some will say that Intel is faster, some will say that AMD is. It depends on what type of applications you're running, because each company focuses on different aspects of computer operation. I've generally had AMD in the past, but right now I've got an Intel, and I'm really enjoying it. But I wouldn't hesitate to get AMD if I had the choice again. I just wanted to try something new.

kira3572

kira3572

Servant of the Dark World

i have AMD and i will stick with AMD even if im upgrading the PC will pick AMD cause it cheap and is good for what things i run on the pc

blue169

Blue

i think i am using AMD

Signature

evilchakra

.: Hollow :.

Quote by jhujhitiHands-down AMD. My Opteron 246 (2.0GHz) has been faster in ALL benchmarks I've put it throug than my 3.0GHz P4 and Xeon..

i agree. and personally, i go for amd.:)

Signature

Group Administrator : [ BogchiDotCom ] [ FortressOfSolitude ] [ Make-A-Friend ]

Group Member: [ Ecchi-Club ] [ xpdesigns ] [ Bleach ] [ Sasuke-and-Naruto ]

amd!!! Rocks! its really good and have good prices! i have me a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ its at 2.0ghz but its really at 3.0ghz! might OC it and have it at 3.4!

Signature

Currently I would perfer the upcoming AMD Athlon X2 for desktops, but for laptops I would go with Intel Pentium M for sure.

I don't really care which company dominates. As long as both exist and remain competitive, only consumers will benefit in the end.

gendo1

gendo1

LP Fan / Wall Critic

Work: Intel
Play: AMD

You can't get one better than the other! They are for two different things! :-)
Too bad Intel is marketing to the gamer market though :-P

Signature

o-sama-laden-san

Special Jounin

Many friends of mine biuld computers for a living, and they will only use AMD cpus. Becuase they are cheaper, and out perform intel cpus for the price. I just biult an amd based computer, and its so great. my barton 2500 which runs at 1.83 ghz outperfroms a friend of mines pentium 4 which runs at 3.0 ghz. AMD is the best

The six sayings of Al-Yahm'Shar

1- When what you want doesn't happen, learn to want what does.
2- Do not buy either the moon or the news, for in the end they will both come out.
3- Call someone your lord and he'll sell you in the slave market.
4- A known mistake is better than an unknown truth.
5- Meaningless laughter is a sign of ill-breeding.
6- Only lawyers and painters can turn white to black.

batman-sama

batman-sama

It's my way of the ninja!

Relative speaking, AMD is by far the best, now with 64 bit technology for PC's, what's not to like. I have had experience with many processors and AMD always out performs Intel. It's all in the architecture. However, even though I dislike mac, the new G5's are the fastest personal computers available. They're not cheap either. Anyway, I usually recommend an AMD CPU over an intel.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

G5 is faster because the computer architecture is different, it is more suitable
I use intel, AAMD is just too damn expensive and i am poor

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

For my desktop i have an Athlon... it's bloody loud, so unless you plan to get another fan or cooling system go get a intel (I could be wrong the athlon i have IS pretty old).

For all my laptops I have centrino and they are beautiful. The ultra light processor (running at 1gig) is excellent for those micro laptops that would have previously run on Transmeta Crusoe chips (they're bad by the way! )

~ Save Bandwidth! Use a text siggy instead!

My Latest Walls:

Ethereal Summoner ~ Yuna & Valefor
Sunshine Girl //make you happy?

RahX101

RahX101

is it any wonder i cant sleep

Quote by hiddensnakehandsI use intel, AAMD is just too damn expensive and i am poor

umm... from what ive seen, AMD is cheaper than intel and from my personal experiences i prefer AMD over intel any day and i cant wait to get my hands on an athlon 64 x2 :D

i use amd. amd has lower power consumption and is cooler than pentiums. I think lots of benchmark tests showed that athlon 64's out-perform pentium 4s in games and other everyday applications. But pentium's are very good at multitasking because of its HT technology.

Since I popped in a K6-2 400Mhz CPU into a motherboard intended for Intel CPUs (using a socket converter), I've stayed by AMD's side. Not only are their CPUs more cost effective than Intel's, but they're just as fast at lower clock speeds and run cooler too. I don't think I'd ever switch back to Intel, I tried the "cost effective" Celeron and just didn't like it's performance in office applications as compared to a much lower clocked Athlon.

Amd my Sister has a Intel and she has problem's monthly

AnimeHero

AnimeHero

The Man of Few Words!

Intel is the best. I have always known AMDs to overheat *thats why my friends computer always breaks down!*

I'm BACK!
NEW USERPAGE COMING SOON!

Signature

AMD is the best. I'm using AMD fx-55 fast, easy working and the best either gaming or grapgic programes

RurouniSpritz

RurouniSpritz

Misutard.

Y'think?

Well, I have a few AMDs (lol), and they're running okai~
They were also pretty cheap, which is nice.

But one of them overheated and like, melted or something, so I'm not too happy, really x.x

If I were to buy a computer myself (these are all family PCs), I'd probably get an Intel. I'd get a lower range one, but I'm not too bothered about specs, since I don't really do anything that's too taxing on the system itself :x

Signature Image
:3

lodzio

You're the worst!

amd 4lyfe!!!

much cheaper and much better :) they cpus never failed me ;]

Signature

AMD....
but Intel is not too bad...

O hai.

AMD is soo much better than Intel. The Athlon64 X2 Dual-core just came out!!!

jhujhiti you dog!

-Rainman

AMD all the way. Still running with a 2200+ and it still kicks ass. Probably get a new one soon but for now, It's still fast enough for prety much everything.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 47 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.