Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is it okay to cry? - Minitokyo

Is it okay to cry?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 88 total items

Have you ever been in such an emotional state that you just had to get out all you feelings and you ended up crying?

For guys it seems that crying is shunned on, something that you're supposed to grow out of and it isn't mature to cry
For girls it seems to be normal and okay to cry

But there are times when something really touches your heart and you just feel the need to sheds some tears
or times when your just so overcome by unstable and wild emotions that you just need a shoulder to cry on
But there are those occasions where people have the ability to cry on command so that they can get whatever they want...yea those sooo hard to turn down big watery puppy dogs eyes...

for me i used to cry everytime i fought with my parents or everytime they fought
now...i dont cry because of that...though i still feel really depressed i've used music as a way to avoid crying...but still...there are things too tragic or depressing not to shed some tears about...like everytime i watch the lion king...my eyes get watery...

But is it okay to cry.....for both girls and guys....women and men....

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

Zomg, you, too, Chopz? ^_^' I cry every time [a certain majestic lion] dies in that show. Uwahh... you're a brave man to admit to that. :) *salutes*

Anyways! Bah. It's not so bad to cry these days, I think. :) Even for guys. It shows that they're sensitive (and we all know gals love s.n.a.gs, hehe..). Don't avoid crying, ne? Sometimes I go to my room, shut the door and bawl my eyes for no real reason... it's definitely theraputic. ^_^' I always feel better afterwards.

Of course it's ok to cry! T_T

It's obviously okay for *anyone* to cry, male or female. Holding things in too much tends to mess up a person alot more. It's alot more healthy to let out your emotions. Though I'm female and even I tend to be stubborn and try not to cry because I want to be "strong" though I myself realize that alot of times, the person who cries is stronger than the person who doesn't.

Signature

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

honestly, i do NOT know why ppl say guys shouldnt cry
it really ticks me off and its totally unfair.

in movies and animes etc, when a person say "I'm not weak, im not gonna cry" or something like that, its really unfair too.

crying does not mean you're weak, its just expressing an emotion, theres nothing wrong with that.

just because a man cries, it doesnt mean he's not manly enough, and just because a woman cries, it doesnt mean they're born weak and/or sensitive.

its silly and annoying really,
although its kinda weird to me when i see ppl cry at not-so-sad scenes...
i dont make fun of em (unless im just jokingly teasing em).
and i KNOW some ppl liek to make fun of others just because they cry.
its pathetic, then again, some ppl tend to cry at pathetic stuff..
well, thats point of view really ^_^

Medically speaking, i hear if you cry, at times it does relief the tension in the mind of what anyone goes through hell in life =]

Its ok for anyone to cry, its their free will to expression themselves, no matter how awkward it may appear from anyother perspectives

I've become too cynical to cry most of the time. Kind of an odd thing. It's kind of funny too because I'm even cynical to myself so sometimes I get out of sulking moods by realizing how pitiful I am.
Anyway, neither guys nor girls should cry too easily. Tears shouldn't be wasted over petty.
It's not really a good thing to end up not being able to cry either ~_~

EevaLeena

EevaLeena

KameDa Shipper!

Y'see... I'm a very sensitif kind of girl. Even when I'm angry I'd cry. Strange isn't it? Anyway.... crying doesn't mean you're weak... I guess crying is best way to pour out all your emotion over something. Something like.... the best words you can deliver.. Like Lacus said... "People cry because they wanted to.. So, it's okay to cry..."

Signature
“Touching people’s butts is bad. If it escalates, you’ll get a Red Card.” - Ueda Tatsuya to Kamenashi Kazuya
"There was no need to tell everyone about that..!!" - Kamenashi Kazuya
LOL.. perverted Kame-chan and his lonely hands. Poor Tat-chan...

no

I admit (with much chagrin) that 'crying' is something I have fallen to many times too often; it makes me feel weak, and I'm still angry at myself for last time I did.

Well I come from a family where it seems it isn't ok for a guy to cry unless its a very specific situation.

#1a If you are watching a signifigant historical event and it just happens to move you, you are allowed to shed a few tears (IE The Berlin Wall being torn down, The Moon Landing) #1b Actual crying is allowed if it is a rather traumatic event (IE The Columbine Shooting, The Oklahoma City bombing) I'm not even gonna touch the other one cause its really not good to bring it up.

#2 Your dog dies.

#3 You get kicked in the nuts. Not actual crying but tears and excessive cursing are allowed.

There are a couple other instances i can't remember at this point.

Crying is good fro everyone because I think its a natural way for humans to let out their feelings.
Its also fine for a guy to cry as well~ I've seen my bro cry a few times ~ But no, its fine really~

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Of course there is nothing wrong with crying, it is perfectly natural and it can take a lot more to just let go and cry than it does to hold it in and act tough.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

While I can't say that I cry very often, I think it's perfectly normal for anyone to cry and should even be encouraged. Now-a-days there is a propensity for people to raise their boys "not to cry". To be tough and suck it up. This, I think, is very very damaging to the development of men. I think it's cause for the increased violence we see with young men these days. Women don't have so much the same problem because it is "acceptible" in society for them to cry, but men are taught that they "should not" cry....

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

hmm...thats very interesting that your parents fight each other. my parents do that a lot too and i get sad over that. at times i wished they get a divorce. anyway, yes, i think its alright and good to cry, just to let it out cuz keep it all inside can be damaging. all the times when my parents fought, i get very sad and reallie want to cry it out, but cant. it would of been a relief to cry it out. eh, so yeah, its normal and good to cry, men or women.

Signature

StarKitty

StarKitty

.::It's been so long::.

well Kitty's parents are dead so Kitty thinks it's ok to cry =^_^= Kitty thinks that sometimes crying helps people feel better about their situation that their going through Kitty thinks that you need to cry cause Kitty says that it's not normal if people don't cry at leats once Kitty believes it's ok to cry and no one should feel embarresed =^_^=

Signature
Templates for avy and siggy are from Ever-Falling.net ^.^
A Star has been born...a Kitty Star! ^_^
Avy and siggy done by my mommy Kitten ^_^ Thank you

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Of course its ok to cry. I cry all the time haha. I don't see what the big deal is with guys crying either. For me if a guy cries it shows they are more of a man and that they are not afraid to express their emotions. Crying is a way of venting and it doesnt show weakness or anything. Girls cry a lot more than guys, I'm not sure why, I guess its just how girls are. Guys shouldn't be afraid to cry either though. Its just a way of showing emotion and there is nothing wrong with it at all.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

of cause it;s ok to cry.
for me, if you don't cry, sooner or later, you are going to burst.
keeping all the emotions inside is really bad for you.
i had been there
and crying it out really helps.

Wish you can forgive your yesterdays
Wish you can love your tomorrows

BRN

Crying is perfectly fine... I'm a guy, and I cry at everything from movies to games (well, more like I get teary-eyed). Still, it is kinda embarasing crying infront of someone.

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

woah, you have a sensitive side i didn't know about Choptz ^^ cool! loll, i'm not sure i even cried on the Lion King... hum, don't remember well loll

anyways, i think there shouldn't be any gender difference when it comes to crying, both boys and girls can feel sad and have the right to express their sadness, it only makes them feel better afterwards... ^^ i don't see why our society would invent such a stupid idea that it's not cool for guys to cry...

then again, i say that, but i hate crying myself... i always feel weak when i do and i hate it... so, when i do, i'm usually alone, i rarely cry in front of someone coz' i hate it when i look pathetic... but sometimes, tears just can't be stopped, so i just let them flow ^^

Tiferet

Tiferet

????

of course it's ok to cry, as some ppl already stated ^_^'
im sick of the streotype that guys aren't allowed to cry & girls are...i dont think crying is a weakness, so screw the sterotypes & let out your emotions when ya need to fellas :\

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." --Mae West
Signature

DarkChronos

DarkChronos

The Wicked One This Way Comes

it is good when you want to release some bad shit, it feels good. but if you are crying just because anything, that's stupid

Its Only Ok To Cry If Your Mama Slaps You....LOL
Nawww J/K....

Its Ok To Cry As Long As The Situation Warrants It....
No One Likes A Cry Baby....

I dont have anything against crying. For me its okay.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 88 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.