Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New house - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 8 total items

bakaonigiri2

bakaonigiri2

silly cat

Hm... my family and I moved in this house in last May. And even though I've got used to the house and moving around, it still doesn't feel like home... I have so many strong memories from my old house (we were living there for 8-9 years..) and it feels I can't move on.. I still miss it a lot... do you think it's normal missing it so much after all those months?

I should have known...that a riceball does not belong in a fruits basket

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Yeah, it is normal to miss your old neighborhood. You'll remember your old friends, your old pastime spots, and everything else. However, I remember living on Creston Avenue and 183rd Street in the Bronx, and my family and I moved to Co-op City in 1995. I didn't really have anything to remember that would hold my spirit down. I just moved on, but I was young. What can I do about that?

Just try not to let the move bring your spirits down. I'm sure you'll find lots to do and friends to make in your new neighborhood. :)

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I suppose it is natural. When I moved down to England from Scotland, I didn't miss the house that much, but I guess it might have been because I was quite young and was too busy being excited.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Holt

Holt

pffft

I know what you mean. I lived in the same house 16 years in the UAE and just moved here to the UK. Everything's really different but you get used to it.

Signature Image

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

I think it's perfectly normal, especially since you've lived in your previous home for such a long time. You probably don't consider you new house 'home' just yet, that could take some time and adjusting. And if you've kept the furniture and possesions from the old house, whenever you look at them, they're bound to conjure up memories. Anyway, give it some time and hopefully you'll still have cherish those memories put you'll also move on and settle in you new home ^^

Vetus

Vetus

Lonely Rolling Star

Dunno. I haven't ever moved on a new house. **********************************

What is "normal", anyway? If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

I understand you completely.
I moved about 2 years ago and I still can't think of this place as my home.
I've been living for 19 years in the old house, in a somewhat quiet place of my area and I moved next to a god damned high traffic street of the same area.
On top of that, they're having some illegal races with motorcycles during the night and I can' t sleep with my window open [radiator operating at full...awfully hot...]
In one way, I'm glad I moved though. The old neighborhood has changed a lot to the worse

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

It's perfectly normal to miss your old home...evan after such a long time... Moved to my own flat myself 3 months ago! I'm sure you'll be able to feel home in the new house soon...

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.