Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 problematic roommates - Minitokyo

problematic roommates

page 1 of 1 7 total items

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

if there is one thing i hate more than people that lie to me, its a roommate who lies to me. i know he goes behind my back to take my stuff and mess around. i have told him to stop but he doesn't listen to me. what in the world can i possibly do wihtout making the rest of the semester hell for both of us??? please, im begging for an answer!

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I lived through a crackhead last semester. I didn't need him, so I left him. He treated me as if I were his son. I would've brought my gun up on campus and shot him if he did anything. ^_^' You think I said too much? *backs away slowly* I'll just... *dashes away* You didn't hear anything from me!

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

ouch, i started a thread on exactly the same subject (oh don't worry, mine is considered dead ^^), but i just love talking about it takes some of the pressure off ^^

i have a roommate that keeps moving my stuff without asking me... sometimes uses it as well... she takes all the place... when we ask her to do something (like turn the music off coz' the walls are litterally shaking, or not let her panties dry in the common rooms...) she believes she doesn't have to respect me (and my visitors) into not doing those things... but if she asks me something, i'm expected to obey otherwise i reveive a 2-page long essay on how she feels bad about it (she did this after i forgot to clean the shower only once...)

other thing she did, she threw my boots outside in the snow and poured sirrup over my dishes (lucky they were already unclean) because i didn't vacuum the appartment and walked on the carpet with my boots on (i had to answer the phone and i was too much a hurry to take them off...) all this, instead of simply knocking on my door and telling me about it... (as if i knew she wanted a perfectly clean carpet, which is btw impossible to have in winter in Quebec city... and she never even apologized for it, while i spend a half hour apologizing... to her door (coz' miss refused to confront me face to face...)

so, you're definitely not the only one to whom this happens ^^ and i myself don't know what to do about her... i just keep avoiding her... because i know talking to her is no use... she doesn't listen anyways... good news is, i found an appartment for next year ^^, i won't have to live with that girl anymore... as for you... well i wish you good luck... if talking doesn't work... there's always beating up, but i don't advice that one ^^

I would smack my roomate upside the head and say "Stop being a problematic roomate!" But I don't think that'll help you at the moment.

What you need to do is sit him down and have a very serious chat with him. I know it sounds like a parent/child sort of thing to do, but I think in this situation it's probably the only chance he'll get to see how much you dislike him lieing about things without you resorting to violence. Or mischief.
If this does not work, wind him up to near breaking point with ignorance and tricks that play on his humility until he finds a new room, or if he is stubborn, until you find a better room with a cooler roomie ;)

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

If talking won't help, just go over his head to the people who control the accommodation. Tell them he's being a pain in the ass, and hope they sort it out. Keep pestering them.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Here my son *gives tecnophreak a shotgun* go for the eyeesss!! go for the eyees!

err. Anyway, I have got to agree with ShieldDrake, try talking to him about this issue, make sure he is listening to you (tie him up somehwere xd)... if he's not taking it seriously I'd rather change room mate or go to live somewhere else than wasting too much time. It's ok to try to convince someone one, two, three times but if that person is so stubborn (or dumb, whatever XD) you either have him leave your room/apartement or viceversa.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by ShiNN84Here my son *gives tecnophreak a shotgun* go for the eyeesss!! go for the eyees!
err. Anyway, I have got to agree with ShieldDrake, try talking to him about this issue, make sure he is listening to you (tie him up somehwere xd)... if he's not taking it seriously I'd rather change room mate or go to live somewhere else than wasting too much time. It's ok to try to convince someone one, two, three times but if that person is so stubborn (or dumb, whatever XD) you either have him leave your room/apartement or viceversa.

haha, very funny! Though I don't recommend actually shooting your roomate....tehehe
Its just frustrating living with another person, especially if they are the total opposite of you. I get ticked at my roomate sometimes, but the thing is, we're not really friends, so its no big deal really. She does her own thing and I do mine. Plus she's gone a lot, so a lot of the time I have my room to myself :D
If your roomate is using things that are important to you, then you definitly need to confront them about it. If they deny it, give them the proof you have that they did it. Your roomate should respect you and your stuff. If this is really bothering you, don't just let it go. It could turn into a roomate war, both of you doing little things to bother the other...not a good situation x_x but I've seen it happen. I guess you just have to lay down the law.
Good luck with this techno, i hope things turn out well :)

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.