Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Greetings :) How? - Minitokyo

Greetings :) How?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

ni-chan

ni-chan

^ Broken Wings ^

How do you greet people irl? Or how are the custom ways of greeting in ur country?
Its not the same in all places ( not for the first time anyways)
For example: In sweden you only say hello, ur name and shake hands, in France you give 2 kisses and I think in russia 3 kisses, its different in different countries.
Perhaps you and you friends greet in a special way, have a secret code XD tehe or i donnu you name it
Well how do you greet ^^

I wish that I could take a journey through your mind

Signature Image

[Hispanime]

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The US doesn't really have any means of greeting. Perhaps a pound to men or a handshake to men and women is our means of greeting people. Women often hug when meeting another woman or even a man. That's about all I can think of.

Don't give me a pound (you know, 5 dollars). Give me a pound (with the hands)...oh, forget it. I'm so confusing. Anyway, gotta run. *dashes away*

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

well to be honest, I never thought about this, it just come so naturally. :D Well I use "hey" a lot esepcially when I don't remember the person's name, it is the safe way to not insult someone until I can draw their name out. :D I have a very short term memory. :sweat: But I do tried to change it up once in a while, and there is only one person in this world i would use a secret code for greeting, but she is no longer with me in this world now. :(

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

with my friends (most of 'em), we usually hug each other ^^ and sumtimes, one of my guy friend would kiss me in the cheek ^_^' taaa...*runs*

Signature

Sigourney

Sigourney

perfectAssassin

It really depends... if it's someone I know and meet everyday... then it's "yo/hey" and a hand wave... if it's someone I see rarely then a hug, a kiss on a cheek... a family member three kisses ;)... someone I just meet a handshake... and with teachers it's a slight bow... though here it's not necessary... it's just me who have a strange habit ^_^'...

[edit] Oh dear XD... now that I read it it's stupid ;P... with first two I meant friends of course ^_^'... if I see them everyday, and if I see them once a week or less [when I was talking about that someone who I see rarely ;P]... [/edit]

Signature Image
Showtaro Morikubo-sama~<333

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

We just usually say "Hello, nice to meet you, I'm <insert name>", and we shake hands. This is meeting someone for the first time. If I see a friend or someone else I know while out walking to class or at the store or something, then I say "Hey <insert name>!!" and wave at them or something like that. Pretty casual greeting. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

In belgium it's an habit to make only one kiss to say hello. And with the relatives or the person you haven't seen for ages it is a tradition to make 3. But this tradition seem to be lost ^_^

with friends i meet everyday it's rather shakes hand or a kiss and yo ^_^ but it seems one kiss on the cheek is also very popular here (even boys with boys ^_^' ).

at the radio, we usually invite some hip hop bands from belgium so we have some secret shakes-hand move ^_^ it's hard to explain. It usually finish by putting your hand on your heart to say "respect".

my friend told me in japan it's very different ; she kissed a japanse boy on the cheek to say him thanks at the restaurant ... i don't remember why ; but he was really embarrassed ; it seems that being kissed by an occidental girl you don't know in public is really embarrassing for them ^_^

so in sweden it's not an habit tu salute with a kiss ? even to your parents or somebody you know very well ? i understand why some foreign people look at us so astonished when they see people kissing in the streets to say hello :D

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

ni-chan

ni-chan

^ Broken Wings ^

Quote by melmachine18The US doesn't really have any means of greeting. Perhaps a pound to
men or a handshake to men and women is our means of greeting people.
Women often hug when meeting another woman or even a man. That's about
all I can think of.
Don't give me a pound (you know, 5 dollars). Give me a pound (with the
hands)...oh, forget it. I'm so confusing. Anyway, gotta run. *dashes
away*

hahaha
Il give you the second pound im good at giving those ;) moahahha...tss~~

Quote by Mordinwell to be honest, I never thought about this, it just come so
naturally. :D Well I use "hey" a lot esepcially when I don't remember
the person's name, it is the safe way to not insult someone until I can
draw their name out. :D I have a very short term memory. :sweat: But I
do tried to change it up once in a while, and there is only one person
in this world i would use a secret code for greeting, but she is no
longer with me in this world now. :(

Hahaha the "hey" always works when you dont remeber their names , but if you dont it be bad :(
buu no more code :(

Quote by Starfirewith my friends (most of 'em), we usually hug each other ^^ and
sumtimes, one of my guy friend would kiss me in the cheek ^_^'
taaa...*runs*

naaaaw how cute u r ^.^

I wish that I could take a journey through your mind

Signature Image

[Hispanime]

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Quote by Mordin Well I use "hey" a lot esepcially when I don't remember the person's name, it is the safe way to not insult someone until I can draw their name out. :D I have a very short term memory. :sweat:

I do the same thing cause of the same problem. I'm not good with names but people seem to know me more then I know them. Makes me feel bad ^_^' To my close friends I give a slap on the hand like a hand shake when I'm coming and when I'm going.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Sigourney

Sigourney

perfectAssassin

Quote by papyworldmy friend told me in japan it's very different ; she kissed a japanse boy on the cheek to say him thanks at the restaurant ... i don't remember why ; but he was really embarrassed ; it seems that being kissed by an occidental girl you don't know in public is really embarrassing for them ^_^

What I read is just that Japanese people avoid touching in general ^_^'... and that even couples can't kiss in public...

Signature Image
Showtaro Morikubo-sama~<333

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by SigourneyWhat I read is just that Japanese people avoid touching in general smiley... and that even couples can't kiss in public...

tsk tsk tsk ^_^ it's so weird ... here there are a lot of people kissing in the streets ...
when i'm in bruxelles i see often a lot of tourists from japan ; when they see two lovers kissing each other on the lips they seem sooo astonished ^_^

it prooves you have to know really well the traditions of a country when you're in holiday ^_^ they sure think we are crazy :D

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

Yeah, i know about that, for example, an ex-boyfriend from a friend who is from Argentina says hello or goodbye, and shake hands and also give a kiss in the face, either that is girl or men, the first time that he say goodbye to me i was so confused, then he explained to me that in his country were like that, here in Chile don't kiss a man in the face, only girls :)
Ov course if the person is a very good friend i give them a big hugh instead shaking hands.

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

In Italy we just usually greet people we don't know very well by simply shaking hands and saying "hello" ... and there are even different ways to say hello according to how much we know that person and how much we feel confident towards him/her... like for example we say "ciao" if the person is about the same age or if it is a young person anyway, or again if it is a friend. Otherwise "salve" is a more polite and formal way to greet a person we don't really know. Then there's an other form greeting that I personally use only with relatives or with girlfriends, which consists on shaking hands and kissing just one time near the cheek :)

DarkCrimson

DarkCrimson

Angel on Dragon's Mistress

Well here in Germany the People only shaking Hands and say Hello.Women often hug others as a Sign of Friendship.For myself I only hug my best Friends and only the Women getting a kiss on her cheeks. :D

Signature

well....I dunno how it really should be.....
but we shake hands and say hello......and sometimes...to some important people bow aibt >.>.....(just to chinese people) with friends....I just say hey , and sometimes low5 and shake hands XD

DarkChronos

DarkChronos

The Wicked One This Way Comes

here we shake hands and/or we give us a hug, when is man to man, Man to woman we kiss on the cheek once, and Woman to Woman the same

hail!

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.