Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 NewWaveProject's 1st BR Cup -RULES PAGE- - Minitokyo

NewWaveProject's 1st BR Cup -RULES PAGE-

page 1 of 1 21 total items

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

http://img202.exs.cx/img202/2977/bannercontest21ic.jpg

Welcome, welcome....to the first annual BATTLE ROYALE walling contest. Here I will post the rules and other such information. If there are any questions, comments or gratuitous praising of myself...please do so in this thread.

I will constantly be editing this first post so that all people viewing it won't have to search through the entire thread. This contest (for the moment) is limited to members of NewWaveProject. If you are interested in joining the competition, feel free to stop by group page and join! Just remember....registration for this event ends March 11th!!

CONTEST MISSION STATEMENT-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The purpose I have for creating this contest was to gather some of the best wallers (all of them if I could) and pit them against each other. Sounds almost cruel but there is a reason to my madness. People often exceed their limits and expectations when in competition. This is even more true when surrounded by people with great skill, which I think many of the members of the NewWaveProject have.

With the rapid changes happening here on MT, I wanted to create a new wave (get it? :) ) for the future of MT. I feel that by showing what real members of MT can contribute and are capable of, it might usher in a new era for MT and help restore it to it's former glory that many think has faded.

Although this may sound like the ramblings of a mad man, I strongly cherish this place and wish to do something to make it better.

-artgeek12

OFFICAL RULES & DESCRIPTION-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After all participating members are registered, they will be issued a random number. That will be their number throughout the tournament. They will then be placed on the "battlefield" grid below.

Each waller will then be PM'd their number, and their theme. You guys then have the two weeks to create a wall using the theme you were given. If you want to know who your opponent is then you can check out the NEW thread.

After the pairing up of wallers, each pair will be given a random "theme" (see below for definition). Once given a theme, the wallers will have 14 days (two weeks) to complete their wall. For this tournament, collabs are not accepted! This is a one on one battle.

On the final day, all walls need to be turned in by the end of that day otherwise the other person forfeits. The next day, a thread will be created for each pair. That thread will have a poll for anyone to vote. After 1 week, the polls will be counted and the winner will move on to the next round.

. . . more details to come . . .

THEME: A "theme" for this tournament can consist of, but is not limited to...
I) a particular color (example: red, blue, orange, etc...)
II) a particular style (example: grunge, celestial, etc...)
III) a specific series (example: Bleach, Gundam, etc...)
IV) a specific scan (I would find one random, but good scan here on MT or on another board)

Any questions? PM me of leave a post here. I will be updating this almost daily.

March 01, 2005-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uploaded contest banner and am posting registered members of the upcoming battle.
(newly signed up members indicated by a *)

-REGISTERED MEMBERS- (18?)

DernierCri
RaXiv?
Asahi?
artgeek12
tecnophreak
Rebel-Soul-Kaze
Norimune
boogybro
crapmonster
calisqo
ShadowSpirit
pinkfish
Rinkin
Flowbeat
*Limality
*w00tazn
?? DarkParagon
?? wuschel

March 02, 2005-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a sample of the "battlefield". Once everyone is registered, the numbers will be replaced with names. The red lines show the people that advaced but eventually lost. The green lines show the people that made it to the finals. Hopefully this will illustrate how the waller vs. waller plan will go. Updated registered members and rules.

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/4904/battletree0es.jpg

March 3, 2003-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, here is the calendar for the upcoming battle. It's pretty self explanitory but if you or I notice any major flaws in it then I will fix it. This is just a base for what is up coming. Once the BATTLE starts, I will finalize stuff. Updated this part and the registered members. I also extended the last day to register. It is now March 11th. I added a few more days to see if we could convince a few more people to join. The more the merrier. On that note. . . let's all welcome Boogybro!!!!

http://img133.exs.cx/img133/2418/calendar29oz.jpg

March 4, 2005-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I created a sort of "mission statement" about the purpose of this competition. It's at the tippy top of this looooooob post. haha. Anyway, I'd like everyone to welcome our newest member and combatant....crapmonster! With the addition of boogybro and crapmonster, I know this waller vs. waller competition is gonna be awsome! Still thinking of a prize. If need be, I'll have to do something out of my own pocket.

Just a note also. The calendar says 4 rounds but it may only be three, depending on how many wallers we get to compete. Once the competition starts, I'm going to create another thread and use that to post the play by play info and such about the competition. I'll keep this thread for all the information and such. Sound ok? Got a better suggestion? Please let me know. We're all here to have fun....and maybe kick a little @$$!! haha!

March 5, 2005-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, thanks to the strong arm of Boogybro, we now have another three combatants! Welcome Pinkfish, Rinkin, Shadowspirit and my friend, Calisqo! So far the competition is starting on the right track. I will be deciding what the themes will be. When the time come, I will put them in a bag and assign them to each battle. I know some of you have other things going on (school, work, etc....) that's why I made the creation time 2 weeks. I know it's not too long but if I made it longer then this could drag out a while ^__^' .

I also want to personally thank each and every person competing and supporting this competition. Without you, this would just be another thread of me talking to myself.

Updated the calendar as well to let you guys (and gals) what I'm doing. Might update again later tonight.

March 7, 2005-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated the registed members. I would like to thank Flowbeat for join the soon-to-be bloodfest!! I added this on the NewWaveProject group page but we need 4 more people to join. That will make the pairing of cmbatants easier so if you know people, get them to join our group!!

March 9, 2005-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, some people might still be a little confused about how this battle is going to work. I created a little illustrated version of how it'll work. If your still confused, let me know what detail you are confused about and I'll address that aspect specifically.

Let's all welcome DarkParagon, wuschel, w00tazn and Limality to our group! More great additions to our little walling army! Limality seems to be on board for the battle but what about DarkParagon and wuschel? Let me know guys!

http://img221.exs.cx/img221/816/exampletree2fr.jpg

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

wow. you made a banner. thats crazy cool. loks good man, can't wait for the others to sign up! .

Signature

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

I think im ready o.- men,that banner looks kool *bookmark the thread* this will be fun >.<

K I R A B O S H I !

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

I want to know what are the rules and everything but consider me in!!!! XD

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

Sweet and evil... bring it on!... I can't wait to crash you in two pieces... all of you... muahahahaah

RaXiv

RaXiv

Equivalent One

iam the worst waller in this group, i wont win but ill try ! ... [imagines Dernier vs Raxiv 21:0 ]

[ Current State: Stalker half-active, always like that to the summer! ]
>>[ Signature updated 28.05.2005 ] << [Latest Work:] | I ... Never Found Our Way |
Signature
. . Sky is more bright when You have someone to look with at... do you have someone? . . . [url=htt://raxiv.minitokyo.net] | My userpage | [/url]

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

oh, we'll see dernier, lol. lets get it on! .

Signature

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

UPDATED....read first post. :)

Signature

Asahi

Asahi

gone

this card remember me on a tennis-matsch :nya:

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

yikes the battle looks tough XD.

Not sure if I can match up to you guys XD, inspiration doesn't come that easy for me XD

Quote by DernierCriSweet and evil... bring it on!... I can't wait to crash you in two pieces... all of you... muahahahaah

XD yikes, I wonder what's denier's hidden technique on this XD

Ah , i'm not sure if i should enter XD, i don't wanna lose my soul.
Anyhow, it's always nice to c a good battle ^_^
So I'll just watch ^_^

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Ooook,this is EVIL...i like it,we have to wait for the begin of this contest.

._.U,and im just a little afraid for that comment by Dernier >.<

K I R A B O S H I !

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

Let's all pray I don't bloody get the scenery theme, cause then I am doomed... lol
BTW who is Norimune... member or not?

Don't forget to check out the update of the group page guys.. new mt gem links and finally short descriptions of the resource links were added...

Anyway the Battle will be glorious!!!

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

updated again.....

Signature

alright sounds cool, i guess im in!

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

DEAR LORD art! that is really realyl really detailed! .

Signature

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

Update.........again.......... :sweat: ~whew~

Signature

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

Update.........again.......... :sweat: ~whew~

Signature

w00tazn

w00tazn

hottie.

ill enter... i guess.

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

Gee w00tazn.....don't be too enthusiastic about it. If you really want to join, we'd be more than happy to have you! Go ahead and go the NewWaveProject group page and apply there too.

n O T E: 18 combatants will be the limit to this contest. Please find out if DarkParagon and wuschel are going to enter. If so then registration is closed. If not, then we have those spots still open. ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT!!!!

Signature

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Artgeek, will you be pm'ing us when we are about to fight?
I dont always visit this thread and te club so it would be soo much easier. :)

Signature

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Quote by artgeek12Gee w00tazn.....don't be too enthusiastic about it. If you really want
to join, we'd be more than happy to have you! Go ahead and go the
NewWaveProject group page and apply there too. n O T E: 18 combatants
will be the limit to this contest. Please find out if DarkParagon and
wuschel are going to enter. If so then registration is closed. If not,
then we have those spots still open. ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT!!!!

Wuschel is participating ^^ she told me over irc and dernier is making me hot for the battle...i wonder if he/she really can beat us all >< well i won't beat crap here...no more walling skillz, im doomed if its scenery >< but i'll fight for sure...im so excited >) mayb this was what i was waiting for all along...a battle to show of my superior skillz XD

hehe im curious what number i get =_= *sees himself gettin the 13* >.<

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.