Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do your parents like anime or are you a parent who likes it? - Minitokyo

Do your parents like anime or are you a parent who likes it?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

I know there are a lot of people who assume that only kids and young adults like anime. So knowing thats not true I wanted to know if any of your parents like to watch anime or maybe if you love anime and you yourself have kids?
Personally I am an adult, just without kids, but my mom loves anime. She collects several series. That and a family friend who has grown kids love to watch whatever new volume any of us get.

My ever growing website Anime Fountain.

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

My mom says I'm still a child becuas I watch anime because they are anmated and my dad says nothing whenever I watch anime but he certainly doesn't like it.

So no, my parents attitudes are only negative towards anime.

"It's not the great who are strong, it's the strong who are great." - Albel Knox

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

I doubt that my parents even know what anime is, lol. For my father, television is all fact and he only watches news and he seems puzzled by the existence of reality, drama, and cartoon shows. My mother basically watches anything and everything on television, even if she has no clue what its about. However, I do recall that she watched Sailor Moon with me when I was very little, but I don't think she knew what 'anime' was (but then again, neither did I ^^")

But you have a good point, about the assumption of anime watchers. Some people I know think that anime is just for kids and think it's quite juvenile; but in reality, as we all know, some anime series have mature humour and even explicit material in some cases. Kids' stuff? I think not.

kimifox

kimifox

dysfunctional idealist

I'm over 25 now (eek!) so I guess I'm an adult. ;)
I showed My Neighbor Totoro to my parents. I figured it's harmless enough. Well, my dad fell asleep, and my mom was wierded out by it. :(
However, one of my grandmothers watches Inu Yasha. ^_^'

Signature
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/forcefirefox/"]Force Firefox[/url] The Fox Loves You. Love the Fox.
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/order-of-reason/"]Order-of-Reason[/url]

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.