Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 WEED anyone? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 8 total items

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

i live in canada and about 1/2-1 year ago the govt legalized weed in small amounts. a small fine is what most people get now and we had a grow house raids last week. i think that its a bad idea cause now every other persons a user. in my high school, i think there are 1/4 on it. i guess the canadian govt is messed.

what do you think about this?

Signature

Holt

Holt

pffft

There are ups and downs to legalizing cannabis. If it's legalized, it would be easier to control and they could tax it just like tobacco.
But it's still a drug and therefore bad for people so morally, it shouldn't be legal imo.
Whichever way, no government can stop marijuana from being used without extreme punishments and alot of expensive investigation.
When I went to the Reading rock festival in the UK last summer, 99.99% was smoking weed all night. It was like a haze of ganja smoke descended on the camp site >.<

Signature Image

This has been around already, try using the search function :)

Quote by kai81220what do you think about this?

I believe the outcome of how your citizens act in future generations will be added to the database on top of China's documentation of opium. My belief on keeping it illegal is firm, but free countries make decisions based on the will of the people and its financial status. I believe Canada legalized it because it didn't want to spend more money on minor court cases concerning kids and their smoking habits. I’ve heard others state that money that goes into those court cases can go to better things like health care or education. But want the outcome be harder on the government when those users smoking marijuana develop health problems in the future; thus forcing the government to spend more on health care? The affects that is has on the mind is well documented, but it's up to the individual to decide. That's the beauty of freedom. You get to choose your demise, then blame somebody else for it because they didn't realize it was bad. Does that statement remind anybody of something? Cigarette smokers should come to mind and all the lawsuits that followed because they didn’t know that breathing in something that has thousands of foreign chemicals in the lungs was something bad. Same with people who over eat. They tried to blame the fast food restaurants for their gained weight and health problems. *rolleyes*

Quote: This has been around already, try using the search function smiley

And I agree. The search function is a nifty tool. :)

Signature

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

true, Mordin indeed started a thread about drug legalization, but it hasn't been active for over 2 weeks and 5 days now... (i don't remember after how long a thread is considered dead... Sheqel did start a thread on that subject though...

now, again, note to self : ask father... coz' yeah, on top of drinking and driving, my father smokes weed... with my cousins no less!! now i still wonder how i could go through my teenager years without even touching drugs... and drinking little alcohol :\

anyways... weed being legalized, i'm pretty indifferent about it... to know some doctors give it to their patients as an anti-depressor and that natives used it long before we did... by that, i mean even poisons can be a cure when used carefully..., i guess, the real problem comes with addiction...

yes, legalization allows the government to control it better, but on the other side, all laws forbidding its consumption will have to dissapear. So, as Holt said, there are ups and downs to it...

then again, nothing will ever stop anyone from smoking weed if they really want to... It's really difficult to answer that question...

Quote by AyamaelMordin indeed started a thread about drug legalization, but it hasn't been active for over 2 weeks and 5 days now... (i don't remember after how long a thread is considered dead... Sheqel did start a thread on that subject though...

Wait. Are you telling me this is the root of all these duplicate threads? After a certain amount of time, it becomes dead and users can nolonger post in it because it closed? Or is this some official rule that prevents people from bumping old threads when they have new information to add? If it's the former, then that's one....well, I don't have an euphemistic word for this, but I'll post it anway...stupid law. I'd rather see a thread being bumped that has all the other people's comments in it instead of seeing another new thread asking and debating the same questions over, and over, and over, and over.....etc.

Signature

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I think this thread is more about weed then any other drugs.( Should we legalize drugs? Mordin thread ) So... kai81220 is kind of making it a specific with just weed. And I do think it shold be legalize just because it's not much of a drug to begin with.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

NegativeBahamut

NegativeBahamut

The Grim Angel

I think drugs shouldn´t be legalized at all. I understand what some of you are saying, but weed is a hazardous drug that causes damage and only that. And people shouldn´t get away facilitating the stuff to minors. It´s wrong in my book. I´ve even been against smoking since I was 5 though, so maybe it´s just me.

Signature Image

It is my duty to pass judgement... the will of the gods is absolute." -Ledah

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.