Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Giving Proper Credits (A tip) - Minitokyo

Giving Proper Credits (A tip)

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Well, well, well... I've noticed that some members here seem to lack the credits part of their descriptions in their works/scans submitted. So, I'll create this thread on how to credit properly. (I also need to practice this to set an example.^_^)

+ FOR WALLPAPERS +

1. Give credit to the owner of the scan you used by putting the link to their scan or at least the WEBSITE ONLY where you got the scan. Be thankful they posted that scan. If you own the scan (which means you scanned it yourself and edited it), then tell that it's yours. This will keep people from suspecting that you stole the scan and didn't give proper credit.

2. Properly place the link of the scan you used, if ever you did borrow it. If not from MT, just place the link of the SITE ONLY. e.g. scan from http://ningen.nattoli.net.

3. As for the brushes, psd files, etc., put the link of the SITE ONLY where you got the materials you used for your wallpaper. Place the link of the SITE ONLY them properly as well. Once again, if you made it on your own, state, too, that you did create it. DON'T enumerate all the brushes you used and also, don't place each link of the material.

4. As for stock photos, also link the site where you got it. I think that this is the most abused material of all, since most people using stock photos don't state where they got the stock photos.

5. Finally, give credit to the people who helped you and gave their opinions while you were working through your wallpaper. You can either put their links or just state their names and say a little sentence of thanks to them.

6. Put "(C) Respective Owners" at the bottom part of the wallpaper you made to make sure that people won't think you ripped the wallpaper. (from: Tatsuya)

+ FOR SCANS +

1. Put the link of the site where you got the scan, and if possible, put the orignal artist's name or the person who originally scanned it. Don't claim if it isn't your own scan.

2. If you did the scanning, state where you scanned it from. It's just to make sure you didn't steal that scan and claimed that you scanned it by yourself.

3. If you don't know where you got, please put "THE SCAN IS NOT MINE" if you didn't scan it but you just wanted to submit it.

*** PLEASE don't post scans that are already in MT UNLESS you have the bigger resolution of that scan.***

+ FOR ORIGINAL ART +

1. State that you do own the art. If you don't own the original art, DON'T POST it or you'll be reported. You don't want that, so I suggest you make your own art.

2. If you used other materials such us brushes, etc., please put the link of the site where you got it. They deserve the credit since they do own the materials but they are just generous to share it with others.

***PLEASE DON'T post works that you DID NOT make. It is a deadly crime to steal others' works and claim is as your own***

Otherwise, if you don't remember any of the links, just place (C) RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

--------

I hope you'll practice this method of proper crediting so that you won't get in trouble.^_^ Good day to you all!

P.S. If you think there's something missing here, please tell me and I'll add it.^_^

Signature

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

Quote by einnaP.S. If you think there's something missing here, please tell me and I'll add it.^_^

excuse, i think after finish the wallie, should type "character image (C) respective owners"
bottom the wallie!

edit:
sorry, forget thk for the tip ^^' it's so helpful! thz again!

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Well,i agree with all of the points,but,sometimes is hard to remember where u get some brushes,and also i will take that tip from Tatsuya.

Thanx for this tip einna,i try to make the propers credits,but know i will try to add more details on it

K I R A B O S H I !

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Quote by Rebel-Soul-KazeWell,i agree with all of the points,but,sometimes is hard to remember
where u get some brushes,and also i will take that tip from Tatsuya.
Thanx for this tip einna,i try to make the propers credits,but know i
will try to add more details on it

Well, it wasn't hard to search for it before, so it wouldn't be hard to search for it again.^_^; I already added Tatsuya's tip.^_^

Signature

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Quote by einna+ FOR original ART +
1. State that you do own the art. If you don't own the original art but
somebody reqeusted you to post it under your account, please give
credit to that person by stating a pen name or "not MY ART but ________
wanted me to post it for him/her."

***PLEASE don't post works that you DID NOT make. It is a deadly crime
to steal others' works and claim is as your own***

OX sorry if this is un-called for. But as an Artist on MT. I kinda have to disagree with this one. 1st you kinda pull an oxymoron [or in my case that is]. By saying it's ok to post someone else work[As long as you give creadit] but then you say it's not ok post a work that isn't your work and claim it's your's. Dont you think that's a bit twisting on what your saying? [Reguardless of credit] As an artist I for MT feel they shouldn't have the right to post it to began with even if they give proper credits mainly cause 1) It still gives level. [Which is a bit cheating if it's not your work, it just only allow them 1 step closer to level 10] & 2) Its not there's to began with. XD

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Quote by Keough
OX sorry if this is un-called for. But as an Artist on MT. I kinda have
to disagree with this one. 1st you kinda pull an oxymoron [or in my
case that is]. By saying it's ok to post someone else work[As long as
you give creadit] but then you say it's not ok post a work that isn't
your work and claim it's your's. Dont you think that's a bit twisting
on what your saying? As an artist I for MT feel they shouldn't have the
right to post it to began with even if they give proper credits mainly
cause 1) It still gives level. [Which is a bit cheating if it's not
your work, it just only allow them 1 step closer to level 10] & 2)
Its not there's to began with. XD

Thanks!^_^ I'll edit it!^______^

Signature

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

Hehe! Einna! Nice tips there! Ill try remember all! * too much, information overload (+_+) * Cya around!

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

^^ I think this is a fantastic idea and I'm very glad that you made this Einna. This needs to be known to all of the wallers out there and a must for the scans as well. Since original art already covers alot of that already, yet its still great to be able to add more to it.

Like I said in IRC, I'm very glad that you were able to go foward and make something like this and I greatly thank you for that as well ^^ This should be stickied because this is vital for anyone who submits here at MT. Thank you so much Einna for taking a part of your time to make this as well as being able to add as well. I, unfortunally, cannot think of anything that needs to be added. Sorry.

Signature Image

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Cy.. ;_; you left me when I asked if "site" is a verb or not.. ;_; But I'm fine now!^_^ Just tell me if I need to edit anything.. XD

Signature

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Thanks for the tips...

EDIT: Oh... I get it. Yeah... I'll be sure to properly credit ppl next time.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

lol Einna - you should read some of the comments that came out from the scans being submitted here on MT. This will slap them silly. **Snickers** Properly crediting is very important indeed. **Nods**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Uhm I think they way you want to put this is probably too excessive. I've always credited the source from where I got my scan or stocks, but making a list of even the brushes well... That's pretty much insane to me. I can't remember where I got them and what if I got any of them from other people who got them from other people etc etc. what about that? Am I supposed to end myself in panic for not being able to credit the person who made that kind of brush? This is my own opinion of course. I'll always credit people if I borrow something but a simple credit looks enough to me, I mean posting links and all that stuff means that more than half of the description is taken away by credits O_o. I guess I'll still go my usual way, simply telling where and who I got things from and that's all, if people want to know more about the sources they can just look for them or they can ask me via pm. The rest is really a waste of time. Of course I am not really against the way you want to put things, people are free to do what they want, but I myself will go on the way I've always done.

Peace.

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Sorry, einna-friend, if this is going to be really short... but some lovely thoughts and ideas might be found on this thread:

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/15704/

'Might help. But since you're aiming for the "minimum" -- that is, what the most essential/basic comments/points on what to put in the caption/credits section, the thoughts/ideas in the said thread might be too much already. Anyway, 'hope this helps.

Edit:
Errm...

Quote by einnaI think it's just that they want to tell the people that they did it by themselves and what hardships they've underwent. Some walls without some descriptions how they worked on it may sometimes be mistaken as a ripped wallpaper or an effortless wallpaper. But I do think that the description part should describe what is portrayed in the wallpaper, not how it is done. (But I also include the layers and time.^^;; Though it's just a little part in my description.^^;;)
Anyway, have a nice day!^_______^

... Oh, you already commented in there... well, heh, 'feeling scatterbrained lately...

Edit #3: 23 March 2005, 12:32 PM Manila time
Lol, I just realized... you're thread's about 'giving proper credit', not 'What to put in the comments/description section when submitting'... so after reflecting on it, my comment was irrelevant. Reporting this right away! ^_^

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Stolen

Stolen

*~*Burning Wings*~*

Hey Einna...great idea. I have seen a lot of particular new people who don't state anything not even how they made it - so this thread is must sticky! Maybe we could keep updating it too ^_^

i know i have problems remembering where I got all my scans from on the computer, but now I've organised them into website folders, I should be able to acknowledge the website.

But I do have a question, for anyone to answer - if you got the scan that you used in a wallpaper from a site which is like a gallery, that keeps updating, and usually after a while the scans disappear and so you cannot link the proper URL (and if you did, the URL would become obselete after a while) is it just safer to acknowledge the website and just say that it updates too often to acknowlege the scans proper URL?

It is a dodgy question i know.
Stolen-chan
x

*~* Please Don't Leave - Believe Me *~*

Holt

Holt

pffft

hmm. I guess you're right. I'll make sure to give full proper credit in my past and future walls.
But I don't think many people are really interested in knowing how many layers I used or how long it took and that sort of thing.
I mean, if someone wants to know what techniques I used, they could just ask me.

Signature Image

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Okay! I edited some parts again.^_^ For any more misunderstandings, please do tell me.^_^

Signature

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

these are good tips ^^ lol im so noob T.T ill start using this credit helps for my next walls!
there was alot mention here that i havent done yet. so definitely i will do the suggestions and stuff.

thanks for the useful tip!

Signature

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.