Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Bit Torrent/ slow downloads... - Minitokyo

Bit Torrent/ slow downloads...

page 1 of 1 19 total items

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i recently got Bit torrent downloading program installed on my computer...
...the problem is taht downloading a 175 MB fansubbed anime says that it would take 11 days...
is there and help that you guys can give me???
btw i have DSL so it should be faster, right?!

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

yup. it should be. I'm using bitcomet and took less than a day for a standard 20 minute anime episode

destati

Yuusha-Oh

Bit torrent downloads are never predictable. Having a fast connection is better, but it's not an overwhelming advantage. Basically, your download speed depends on the upload speed of the people you're connected to. I've gotten anywhere from 200+ kb/s for a download with a load of seeds/peers to 0.5 kb/s for old downloads.

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

It usually doesn't take as long as it says it will... I downloaded something once that was 700mb. It said it would take about 25 days to download but it only took 4 days. And that was before I had DSL...
It probably won't take your computer 11 days to get that downloaded but I could be wrong...

Signature Image

XavierCrow

From Angel to Vigilante

Download Bit-Tornado or if you prefer a GUI, Azureus. Bit Torrent was never optimised properly so the downloads are incredibly slow. It should really only take about 6-12 hours to download an anime. Through Bit-Tornado I've managed to download a 5.5gigabyte file in about 3 days.

In the end, all there is, is what exists and what we believe or perceive is true... and there's no distinctions between the two.
- Myself

I depends on the anime your downloading. If its a hot anime, you can get it within a few hours, since there are many seeds. It would take a while to download some of the older anime since there are less seeds.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

lol - it depends on the seeders of course, and who locally supports the BitTorrent for you, which would explain why some members download faster than others. That's what I use to download some inaccessible Instrumental music / rare to find J-Pop not distributed or published anymore [though I have most of the authetic ones - lol], but mostly video game music over here.

BitTornado is the best for all these things, for my kind of preference here, since it is pretty secure at times.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

I prefer overnet, in my opinion it's faster and lighter for the system.

"Moshimo yurusareru nara, subete wo kisei ni shitemo ii ano egao wo mou ichi do."
(If only I could, I would be ready to die to see this smile again.)

Full metal alchemist is the best story I've ever heard, the most wonderful anime I've ever seen, and the saddest but funniest manga ever.

Proud member of Full Metal Alchemist Fans

yieloon

yieloon

#1 Slacker

Tips to make ur download faster.
First, if your on dsl, cap your upload to like 80% of the max. And of course try to get your torrent to be green light instead of yellow. That mean turning off firewall or opening port through your router.

Generally I dont like BT cause its slow and its troublesome to configure my router. so i usually dl from irc channel.

Signature

They say that god arranged relationships, but men created separation.

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

thanks a lot for the help ^_^
Bit tornado is so much better, notw that i have gotten it

Quote by F10wI prefer overnet, in my opinion it's faster and lighter for the system.

maybe i''ll try overnet too...

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

Bittorrent says that a lot, but if you wait awhile, the time will gradually go down to like....30 minutes or something. Yep yep, it's a peer to peer network, so at times it can get the wrong info sort of thing. But you'll still d/l your anime in like...an hour or so.

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

Make sure you forward the correct ports if you are behind a firewall, that could limit you. If you are downloading an old fansub, it might take a while. You could try finding the fansub site and requesting a a re-seed.

If a relatively popular fansub has been release, about 175mb in size, you often get the whole sub in about 3 minutes. Standard for me, on a popular and well seeded sub is about 30min, I've gotten 20minutes - 2 hrs on good subs. But I've never had more than a day on a 175mb file.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

haha. thats how BT is. if its new release, its fast. if its old, can be a lil slow. one way or another never trust that estimated time. because the speed can be 0kb one minute and 50 another minute. its how BT is. just be patient. plus as a BT user like me, I've never turned my comp off for BT to download. and I do mean never XP

I always download varoios things at the same time. It´s the best way to download at the best ;-)

Azureluck

Azureluck

Baka Lime!

for dling speed that is just random. Once I dled one episode and it took me almost 3 days to dl, and another epidode that took me less than a day. and usually the newer released, the faster it will dl. so if you want to watch a particular anime series, you'll see y the last episode takes shorter to dl than the first.

First of all, if you have a firewall (hardware or software), enable "Port Forwarding" for the particular port that your client is using - this makes the biggest difference in transfer speed. Secondly, do not cap your upload speed too much or your download speed will automatically get capped as well. Number of seeders/peers play a role in transfer speed too, but that's something you cannot control anyway.

Regards.

Quote by Azureluckfor dling speed that is just random. Once I dled one episode and it took me almost 3 days to dl, and another epidode that took me less than a day. and usually the newer released, the faster it will dl. so if you want to watch a particular anime series, you'll see y the last episode takes shorter to dl than the first.

speed is based on the speed of the peers that are uploading to you as well as your download speed. The peers favor uploading to you if you are uploading a better rate than others.

Do you run behind a router?
caz if u do you might need to open ports i dont remeber which ones i think its 8001-9090 or something liek that...
once those ports are open that shouldl help you out alot too... Mind you what people said bout firewalls are right too...
Turn off your firewall or configure it so it dont mess up your B/T d/l!

Well open ports...
All B/T cilents needs ports to be open to work right.
If u use a D-link router then they have a knowledge base which tells you how to open the ports right for many many items...
games
messaging systems
p2p software

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.