Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you get by the control of society. - Minitokyo

How do you get by the control of society.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

This could be rant-like just as a warning; we will see what happens. Anyway, I notice that when I finally get in a good mood which is rare for me, the smallest thing out there will demolish it and turn me into a dark hating person once again. One might say "don't take it personally" or even "deal with it" but it only takes the slightest thing, for ME at least, to change the ultimate mood I'm in. Most people in America seem extremely selfish and don't care at all about people around them. There is no honor, there is no openess to other people in general. The only time when the majority of society seems to get together or accept one another is when something terrible happens, which doesn't seem right to me. I can't help it, my "condition" is to treat everyone I see politely and be the best person I can be even if I'm hiding a terrible hate; this isn't the case with most people. I see it that if everyone would just pretend to be polite and encouraging we all might actually be that way after a while. Perhaps this is something that's ony a big problem "these" days, maybe in the distant past people were... "better" and today people keep getting further and further from how to act more "civil." I know I'm stating the obvious here but I'm trying to say wouldn't it be nice if it WASN'T. I admit it works both ways, a smile or small act of kindness really CAN make someone's day; I for one ponder upon it when someone goes out of their way for me and in turn I go out of the way for the next person I meet; then someone breaks the chain and I get angry and do things like write this (lol). So, someone in this great community where people actually ARE polite and kind; tell me how you see it, or even better how do you get by it and continue being relatively happy when you are shown in front of your face that almost everyone in your society is a jackass.

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

be one of them

Signature Image

To have to become one of them is such a terrible state of affairs I don't even want to think about it. Might as well just kill myself and everyone around me now (no I'm not serious).

Signature

XavierCrow

From Angel to Vigilante

Quote by TranceAionTo have to become one of them is such a terrible state of affairs I
don't even want to think about it. Might as well just kill myself and
everyone around me now (no I'm not serious).

Lol, have you played Postal2...? XD

Actually, speaking of which, that game or indeed any game with killing sprees and no plot can really help relieve the anger. Bearaucracy gets on my nerves because it's basically a system of jackasses, made by jackasses to create more jackasses. Meh, maybe that's where these people come from, but you're right, too many jackasses.

Whenever I'm in a good mood (which for some reason isn't all that often) I meet people who destroy it. From the lowly shop-clerk who decides it's better to slam your box of eggs onto the counter after scanning it, to the boss that decides to give you a hard time over every litte detail because they're angry because they don't get payed as much as they feel important. However, what I tend to do is just ignore them or play with their heads, then focus my good intentions and happy mood on those who will return it.

Ignore the jackasses, enjoy the mutual respect and happiness that can be shared with fellow nice people... if all else fails... killing spree. That's how I do it! :)

In the end, all there is, is what exists and what we believe or perceive is true... and there's no distinctions between the two.
- Myself

sh1nj1tsu

Old Soul

1) You must first learn to master yourself. If you cannot control your own state, then how can you expect them to?

2) Humans are by default fallible. Expect them to make mistakes.

3) You are human.

4) People can't be anything more than what they are. To think otherwise is your own misperception of reality.

5) You cannot give to others what you can't give to yourself. If you can't give yourself peace and patience, how can you expect to give it to them.

6) Learn acceptance for fallibility.

7) Learn forgiveness for fallibility.

8) Accept and forgive yourself.

9) Don't stand for non-virtuous behavior.

10) Don't critisize others in public.

A _really_ good book/read/listen to start with is "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. The title is misleading. It's more like, "How to be a Decent Human Being."

Note: The things listed here are just for information and rhetorical nature. Take what wisdom you can from them and do with them what you will.

Extra Note: Written by an ignorant, fallible human being. But then again, I am three times redundant it would seem. = )

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Thanks for the helpful responses.

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

go to your local boxing gym, and take it out on the punching bag, that is what I do when I am angry and really need to let off some frustration. hey it cures all type of hate and rage, plus you won't hurt nobody by doing that. I am all refresh after that. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

This is very unusual for me to notice, TranceAion.

I was going to disregard your long post, but after reading it, this note you have given slightly intrigues me because I can somewhat relate.

Quote by TranceAionAnyway, I notice that when I finally get in a good mood which is rare
for me, the smallest thing out there will demolish it and turn me into
a dark hating person once again.

The funny thing is that I can pretty much be in a good mood despite a lot of negative force thrown and surrounding around me, if I want to, of course.

Although I love to be in a good mood all the time, I hate to admit it, but like you - if I sense something negative being pointed towards me [or my friend] - it feels as if my whole mind collapsed all of a sudden and the weight of that one silly little problem compared to all the wonderful compliments given to me from everyone else seems to weight and sink in heavily. This is a very strange concept for me to acknowledge, nonetheless - and I shouldn't be emphasizing on one point when there's better things to turn to, obviously - who gives two crackers, as they used to say it.

My close friends pretty much tell me to just forget them and ignore it, but I feel so terrible inside at times when I think back once in a while. I really hate it when someone wrecks your day with some kind of blind, negative comment and laughs away. It's ridiculous, really.

Quote by TranceAionOne might say "don't take it
personally" or even "deal with it" but it only takes the slightest
thing, for ME at least, to change the ultimate mood I'm in.

My point, exactly.

Quote by TranceAionMost people
in America seem extremely selfish and don't care at all about people
around them. There is no honor, there is no openess to other people in
general. The only time when the majority of society seems to get
together or accept one another is when something terrible happens,
which doesn't seem right to me.

Well I don't like that idea either - but I always have known from personal experience that not one person can be liked by everyone else, not one viewpoint can be accepted or acknowledged by all individuals. There will always be a contest and a clash. If you don't "fit in" with what society thinks about you and the works, they brand you like an outcast and it really sinks your nerves in. Shameful - I'd say.

Quote by TranceAionI can't help it, my "condition" is to
treat everyone I see politely and be the best person I can be even if
I'm hiding a terrible hate; this isn't the case with most people.

Treat people like you want to be treated - a quote I've stuck by for quite a while. I can't help it either - I like to be polite to everyone else, but if I step in the wrong neighborhood, I normally better keep a low profile of myself, as usual. I'm quite aware of my surroundings as well, and I can't always be free to express everything within myself. As for hiding this "terrible hate" - I don't have one of those in me. My honesty lets it all out, so I have nothing to drag behind. I said what was needed to be said - end of story. Just move on.

Quote by TranceAionI see it that if everyone would just pretend to be polite and encouraging we all might actually be that way after a while. Perhaps this is something
that's ony a big problem "these" days, maybe in the distant past people
were... "better" and today people keep getting further and further from
how to act more "civil." I know I'm stating the obvious here but I'm
trying to say wouldn't it be nice if it WASN'T.

If I'm reading your words correctly - so you mean to tell us it would be more better if people speak their minds out and start bashing people out in public?

I know how you would feel, but I think everyone should conduct some sort of civil manner, no matter how terrible they feel inside, of course. If you feel something is distracting you, it'd be better to tell them the problem in person. That's what I do when someone is doing something that can be annoying you. However, I suppose I can also understand the reason why people don't want to approach in this sort of matter - they don't want to cause any trouble, which is quite common.

Quote by TranceAionI admit it works both
ways, a smile or small act of kindness really CAN make someone's day; I
for one ponder upon it when someone goes out of their way for me and in
turn I go out of the way for the next person I meet; then someone
breaks the chain and I get angry and do things like write this

Wow, we are both related in some ways - well that's from my own opinion, and how we relatively think - that's the scary part.

Quote by TranceAionhow do you get by it
and continue being relatively happy when you are shown in front of your
face that almost everyone in your society is a jackass.

Is that true? I don't assume everyone to be like that - I sometimes admit that I read people like the front cover of a book, but I take the time to read them through, and the results can be quite astounding. There are people who seem a little narrow-minded at first, but you'll be fairly noticing why they are liked for who they are when you understand them a bit better. It takes time, of course - to discover between true friends, good friends, plain friends, and people you just don't want to be around with.

How do I get around it? The funny thing is, I don't. I just avoid talking to people I don't like, and greet people out of the blue, and most of the time, I'm just too busy to care. I guess that's who I am.

The only people I don't want to be talking or meeting with though are people who technically can scare me. Say something that they don't agree upon, and they put your head on the chopping block sort of ordeal. I prefer people who are always kind to you and even when they seem angry, doesn't necessary make you fear them. Just people who has this aura of making you seem happy all the time, and people who necessarily don't stab you in the back. These are the ones I really like being around with constantly.

Anyways, that's all I have to comment over here.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.