Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Limit submission of scans - Minitokyo

Limit submission of scans

page 1 of 1 3 total items

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

I think that submissions should be limited in Minitokyo.

The reason is that the site is mostly likely slowing down because of constant submissions of trash (sorry) swarming all over the site, which makes it difficult to catch some rippers or low quality scans. (I found that there were so many low quality scans that lasted for over 2 weeks!)

If the amount of submissions lowers down, the gallery directors will have fewer reports to reply and catch up with some old. Also, Minitokyo maybe faster because of this.

If Sheqel is reading this (even though the chances of her reading are low) it is pretty much recommended that she limit the amount of submissions people can make regardless of levels.

retire

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The reason why there are so many rips is because many other members do not even take the time to look for rips or even low quality scans. Also note that not all gallery directors are active; they have other things to do as well. There are only a few gallery directors who are active a few days of the week, and it is likely that the number of reports they have to attain to will increase if they are inactive. The number of submissions is already limited for members below level 20 since they seem to uphold the most activity to try to attain the higher levels. If members really cared about Minitokyo, they would report duplicates, rips and low-quality scans and wallpapers when they see them.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

redtiger

I turn into a bunny rabbit at 6!

maybe but you never really know.

"go in to the darness in your heart."

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

I believe the real reason of the slowliness on the MT servers are due to the amount of visitors uhmm "leeching" for scans...not the amount of scans submitted....if the quantity of scans were the problem...Deviant Art wouldn´t exist now ^^;

Cronax

Cronax

If only...

Actually, DeviantArt has loads of servers, and hordes of bandwidth...I think that's the main problem with Minitokyo: they don't seem to have enough bandwidth for the level of activity they get...

Signature
Personal website: Daerin.net | My DeviantArt gallery |
My latest wallpaper | Working on: Nothing currently
Member of: Samurai | Ecchi-club | Japanese

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.