Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sousei no Aquarion - Minitokyo

Sousei no Aquarion

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Has anyone else seen Sousei no Aquarion
Its a new series that is out

I've seen the first episode of the series and it looks alot like pilot candidate.

Does anyone else have any insight on this new anime series??

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

I haven't seen this series yet, Iive read about it in Newtype USA, and it seems pretty interesting.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

I really want to watch it! Really interesting.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

the graphics are as good as macross 0.. but u get the feeling that its like a transformers bite off.. gets the feeling that its a little kiddish..
seems decent

That feeling of the old mecha series is in here. Combination robots like Getter Robo. Rox so far. Lots more on the plot revealed as we go along, like what the "Wings of the Sun" actually mean (it is just a title), the relationships of the pilots, etc.

I am on episode 3 now. It's really fantastic. The song really makes you getting excited.

Quote by ifieldI am on episode 3 now. It's really fantastic. The song really makes you getting excited.

I like the song too... but the series really looks like a drag... I spent most my time fast forwarding through the second ep.... It was funny when the girl said "This feels so good" and "I can't take anymore of this" when they were merging.... The story with them remember or connecting to their past lives makes it a little interesting though

This series strongly reminds me of Neon Genesis Evangelion combined (united?) with RahXephon and Nadia. So the setting is taken from Evangelion and some action scenes are taken from there too. I see the RahXephon mythology combined with the one from Nadia and if add some fanservice you get the ready version of Aquarion.
The series is not bad but it only deals with ideas from other, better anime.

Quote by harakiriThis series strongly reminds me of Neon Genesis Evangelion combined
(united?) with RahXephon and Nadia. So the setting is taken from
Evangelion and some action scenes are taken from there too. I see the
RahXephon mythology combined with the one from Nadia and if add some
fanservice you get the ready version of Aquarion.
The series is not bad but it only deals with ideas from other, better
anime.

I haven't really seen Rahxephon or Nadia.... are they good series' I know Rahxephon involves mechs but what about Nadia??

@ Ratboy
RahXephon and Nadia are both good series in my opinion. RahXephon is very, very similar to Evangelion so you could say that it is the inofficial remake but it's good nevertheless. So why did I mention RahX? Because there is this ancient MU-culture and the RahX religion - Aquarion deals with similar things.
Nadia The Secret of Blue Water is a series creted by the Evangelion-creators and it is without mechs but the topic of Atlantis as a science-fiction world dominating power comes up there. The main character who is called Nadia has her origins in Atlantis - just like Apollo does.
That's why I think the creators of Aquarion copied elements from those anime series.

yea, it's kind of stereotypical anime though if you think about it. There's this guy who has a dormant ability, he's not wanted by anyone, then one day, something happens to his friends, his power awakens, and he's totally kick-ass. Lemme tell you: stereotypical anime. But, that's what makes anime good. It's pretty good in my view.

Psychocouak

Enjoy!

I've only seen the first episode. Is it a copy of any evangelion or raxhephon?

Enjoy the life <======||======> http://a.daisuke.free.fr
Forgive my english ^^
Signature
[French-Tribu]

Not quite. It is more a series like the old days of mecha, i.e. Getter Robo. Some people these days just bandy about Eva/Rax about without knowing what they really are or what the series really resemble more.

it more like a mixture of past animes. but it has some pontiantal

Signature

It's actually a pretty cool anime. I think it's interesting how their mechs work and appear(three ships, probably 9 combinations; they look like the charactes in Virtual On). The characters each seem unique as well. Be it from the 12 thousand year old angel ressurected in the body of a boy who acts like a dog, to a flame manipulating soccer player, to a girl who would do incest things with her brother given the chance. It's definately worth a look.

I think it's good. I'll watch keep watching it.

Has anyone seen any good scans or pictures? I haven't been able to find any.

Quote by timelapseI think it's good. I'll watch keep watching it.

Has anyone seen any good scans or pictures? I haven't been able to find any.

Haven't seen any scans or walls yet... hopefully some will show soon

Leena

Leena

Leena = Raine = KYRILL

Yup, I just watch finish Ep. 5.
It is so funny.

Signature

Quote by LeenaYup, I just watch finish Ep. 5.
It is so funny.

Yeah.... it is funny.... I think the anime is just starting to get good.... hopefully it will only go up to 24/26 episodes though.... I don't have high hopes for this series!!

has any one know about evangelion renewal?

want to join me int the hero war?
click here its free simple and fun ^^

http://www.herowar.com/blitz/recruit.phtml?id=4434

Yeah, I'm up to date on this anime. Love the opening song. The whole joining experience is kinda tiresome watching every episode. And the story needs to pick up a bit. Instead of the same thing over and over. Get some contact with some bad guys, other than the robot/mecha. Its just getting repetiive and I hope it changes soon. Of course I'll still watch, but it will be so much better if they get it going.

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

I've watched 6 eps so far but find the story rather dis-jointed. The graphics are great, but every ep seems to follow the pattern: " . . . invasion! time to try another formation! . . . end". i know it's harsh, but any mech-anime now has some masive competition! To make up for it though, the music is great, espicaly the ending! (shame they abuse the opening by using it mid-ep though). I really want something major to happen soon though!

Signature
"Rules are there to make you think before you break them."

I've been watching it for a while now already and it is getting rather weird...last episode they destroyed a shadow angel with an orgasm! Literally, using it to destroy the enemy... "aaaah!" *boom* :P

the serie has a really good more like beutiful drawin!Very dreamy serie..I like it, I'm curious about how it will end!

Jag[Daremo Shiranai]
Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.