Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestion: Group PM'ing option - Minitokyo

Suggestion: Group PM'ing option

page 1 of 1 12 total items

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

I've already posted this one another post, but I don't think a lot of people read it.

Basically, this whole thing is about having a Group PM'ing option for admins of each group.
People like me who run very very large groups (such as the MTs Family) find difficulty sending messages to the group, because we have to type out everyone's names.
If we could have an extra option (i know this is more work for you sheq - sorry!) for the admins, it would make our lives much much easier.
A suggestion is a page with all the members of that group with a tick box next to each and options such as 'select all' etc etc and write our messages or alerts about what's happening in the group, because i've noticed that people don't go to the group gb and raed everything that's there =P

I'm sorry if doesn't make sense at all but mods - if you think this is a spam, feel free to delete it ^___^

you kno. its a good idea

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

I don't think a group PM option is necessary at all though; announcements for an entire group can easily be done through customizing the group page or posting in the group guestbook. If people don't check the group page often, it's probably because they're losing interest in the group because of any of a number of reasons, i.e. lack of activity and such. If that fundamental problem is worked on, people will start noticing, having interest again, and checking the page more often again.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

juanicths

juanicths

= tabi-bito =

i wld support u on this!!! really good idea ^^

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Quote by shinsengumiI don't think a group PM option is necessary at all though;
announcements for an entire group can easily be done through
customizing the group page or posting in the group guestbook. If people
don't check the group page often, it's probably because they're losing
interest in the group because of any of a number of reasons, i.e. lack
of activity and such. If that fundamental problem is worked on, people
will start noticing, having interest again, and checking the page more
often again.

i've noticed that out of the 170 members or so, not many are visiting the group from the start...
I've been thinking of a competition or other things for the group, but it is difficult to get the message across quickly and efficiently.
Also, groups that do walling contests will probably find this option really helpful.

I think it's a nice idea euna ^__^~!
since I've that problem too >.>.....
you can count on my support ^___^

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

It's funny that you should mention this. I actually thought about this when starting my competition. I knew some people hadn't been active but the whole reason was to get people interested again. So I PMed everyone. It took a looooooong time and my group doesn't even have that many people compared to some others. Although i don't think it's a necessity, i think it could be a useful tool for those trying to reignite the flames of passion here on MT.

You go eunasahng!!!

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I had thought of something similar before but never said anything. It's a good thought and I think it would be a useful addition :) .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

its a very good idea!! its very necessary, i hope somebody would do something!!! i dont have a group but i can understand you.
good luck! :)

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

i'm not an admin or anything -- but i do believe that's a good idea...for the sake of saving time and typing lol

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

I think it's a very good idea, if Sheqel doesn't have too much work already, that is. It would save a lot of pointless thread making. Nice idea, euna. ^_^

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

that would be a nice feature but I think it may take awhile since they already had their hands full with the site in general. o_0

Signature

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.