Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do people watch these anime? - Minitokyo

How do people watch these anime?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Yeah, you've read the thread. I've been hearing all these kinds of anime that I never even seen nor heard of. So please, can you tell me on where do you guys watch/ read these anime? Becuase I think that I'm missing out here...

Signature Image

I personally get my anime through BitTorrent Downloads. There are many sites that offer anime downloads, you just need to look around. There's that, or if you would rather watch dubbed stuff on TV (dub sucks, 'cept for Goldenboy) then there is also adult swim on the cartoon network channel at 11 pm, from thurs, to sunday. If you have a P2P program you can always get it there as well.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Oh, but I watch Adult Swim. Can you tell me the webiste?

Signature Image

bit torrent and irc... i seem to be able to get all my fansubbed anime from there... never heard of adult swim so no idea who's subbing it...
check it on anidb...
www.anidb.net

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

Quote by koidesipagalbit torrent and irc... i seem to be able to get all my fansubbed anime
from there... never heard of adult swim so no idea who's subbing it...
check it on anidb...
www.anidb.net

Yea there is bittorrent which is online viewing, adult swim from cartoon network and cable which gives tv tokyo etc.

manga is from bookstores like Barnes and Noble and places like that ...

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

well I either download it from various websites............or the expensive way.......buying the legal copy...............

torrent is a good way to find those hard to find stuff........I think irc is even better....but can't use it........

Raizer

Raizer

~Death God~

from irc or sometimes from bittorrent

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Yeah, get it from Bittorrent, Irc or there are http sites that offer direct download.

"Life is not about the number of breaths you take in a moment, rather the number of moments that take your breath away."

I hear that Bittorrent is the way to go, but I have a 56k, lol. So I end up just getting anime from a bunch of friends.

Bit torrent since Anime ís never on T.V here. I just download and get from my few people I know who love anime. Otherwise Iorder from america ^^

Just a warning though don't go overboard like me and get 700gb and then burn it on cds like my friend. thats just stupid because they get redundancy errors after a few weeks months and Bam!!

Dvds are cool but only last for 2 years so watch out

Therefore the best way to go is buting from adv or H.Ds

Kumiko-H

Kumiko-H

Professional reader

Well in America the channels that show Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, G4 and the international channel show many different anime. It is just trying to catch them at the right times (a feat I have yet to master). If you like some of the younger anime shows like yugi-oh or pokemon I think something called Jetix shows those on the weekend. And if you go to Borders book store they have a lot of manga that you can purchase. You can also subscribe to some magazines like Animerica and Shogun Jump (I think that is the name). Plus some libraries carry manga that you can check out. I just went to the library and checked out Oh My Goddess!!! Oh, and you can go to like Blockbuster video and check out their anime section (is there a blockbuster video in Florida?). You can pretty much try any video store and they will probably have something. You can check out animelab.com, animenfo.com, and for good prices on anime/manga/other stuff you can check out animekrazy.com. If you go to some search engines and type in anime lots of stuff with pop up. Its just that you have to do a lot of searching but its all out there. Hope that helps!!!

Signature
All I want to do is read all day long. Can someone tell me how I can get a job like that! LET'S LEAD THE PROFESSIONAL READERS REVOLUTION!!! Any takers???

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

I watch anime on Adult Swim/Toonami or on import dvds.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

No Locomotion, no Adult Swim, DVDs are soooo god damn expensive, so 70% of the anime I watch comes thanks to good reliable Azureus.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

Bitorrent is your best bet. And Baka-updates is where I go for all my bt needs. Don't watch cartoon network, in fact, as any real anime fan will tell you, don't watch dubs. OMG they mutilated GiTS!

asagoro

hokori o motsu

adult swim defintatly helps, but newtype is were all the good info comes from. they give you 1 or 2 episodes from random shows every month, then you search, and watch more, and see adds, and etc..... :sweat:

1. You could watch legitimate dvds with choice of English dialogue or Japanese with English subtitles. The dvds tend to be expensive (unless you look out for sales alot like I do, I rarely pay more than $10 a pop for 4-5 episodes) but for newbies you should try an online rental system like Netflix, Blockbuster, etc. Rent 3 dvds, send them back after you are done, and recieve three more dvds in the mail within 1-3 days. (sorry for sounding like an ad -_-;) you can get alot of anime that way and only pay about $14-18 a month. I usually manage to get in about 10-20 dvds a month, more if it's the summer or a series that I adore and have to see more of quickly ^_-. By the way "import dvd sets" like the ones that have 26 episodes on 3 discs with dual audio are hong kong bootlegs. They are illegal and really a waste of money. If you really wanna be a pirate.. there are other much cheaper ways (I'll shut up about that now x_x)

2. Have a high-speed internet service like cable or dsl and then download a little program like bittorrent (personally I use a program called BitComet ^^). There are a plethora of sites that offer anime torrent downloads.. i won't mention any though to be on the safe side ^^; I guess you could pm me and I'll help. But just do some searches by google or something, you'll find a torrent site somewhere that offers links or rather, ".torrent' files. Open those files up in your bittorrent program, and when they finish downloading you'll have a complete video file of an episode that you can watch right on your computer. Depending on what group made the video file, you could end up with hd-tv video quality and near-perfect subtitles. Then just repeat the process and try many different series. That probably sounds confusing #_#

3. If you don't have a high-speed modem and can't be on the computer enough to watch the episodes but you really wanna see some fansubs you can get dvds off somebody on ebay.. I think about 26 episodes on 2 dvd-rs for about $9-$12. Make sure they state that it will play on your dvd player and they have good feedback. It's okay for trying out stuff, but you'll be much better off getting a cable modem and learning the ropes of bittorrent and filesharing. It's much more rewarding that way.

i used to just rely on Adult Swim solely for anime. Boy am I glad those days are over ^_^'' dubs just don't cut it for me. Also the limited selection.. let's just say if you only watch Adult Swim, you're really missing out on the vast world of wonderful shows that make up anime. ^^

slsfavanime

slsfavanime

Akitsuki_sama no kotoba

Usually i will buy if its my fav or really recommend. Then for d latest anime i get it from bittorent.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. :)

Signature Image

Most of my dling is from Irc. Its fast with about 6-8 minutes an episode. Then there's torrent files. To see the newest stuff out. Hit forums that talk about new anime. Some popular subbing sites. You are missing out.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

*smites some posts with his katana before wiping it and sheathing it* You, especially those of you who have been here for a while, should know better than to post links to torrent sites.

Closed.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.