Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wich battle kind you prefer in video games - Minitokyo

Wich battle kind you prefer in video games

page 1 of 1 15 total items

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

I was complaining with some friends about wich kind of battle is better.
They say the shift battle is the best, the kind of many RPG games, but I personally turn my attetion for the open battle games.
This because it shows how good you are controlling the character, or situation, and is a lot more exciting. Well a least it works for me.
Now, I ask you, wich kind of battle do you prefer? shift battle? or open battle? and why?
BYE HAHAHAHA!

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I prefer the open battle. In open battle, certain strategies and combos can be devised.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

I prefer open battles too, because it is lot more exciting than the shift battle :)

You mean open battle is like the battle in mortal kombat,where you control your character and beat up the fiends? Then I like it more than shift battle,'cose it's more action ^_^

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

I like RPGs because i'm for the stories. It's just interesting. But i do perfer fighting games for competitions but it's hard to get some since no one plays street fighter so i'll stick to final fantasy or something.

What is it?

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

It really just depends on what mood I'm in. My personal favorites are the free-motion styles from Star Ocean 2 & 3, but I still like turned based and other styles. Right now I'm in to clubbing things with pipes in Silent Hill. ;)

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

Finalzero0000

Ninja Commander

I'd say both styles have their advantages and disadvantages. I prefer open combat though. I can actually feel more tension. That tension makes the victory and the loss feel bigger.

I prefer T-RPG ^^

Like Disgaea or Stella Deus , I love to mix strategy and xp grinding
Althought i play many mmorpg (Lineage 2 ftw xD)

A question before I post my answer, it this true?

Shift = Turn-based
Open = Real Time

In either case I enjoy both styles as long as they are well done, and I also like SRPGs (they are addicting as hell). The tales series has one of my favourite battle systems, but IMO Chrono Triggers is just golden, the whole combos thing was fantastic and hasn't been done as well since.

For action/action games, I love a good old "beat-em-up" scenario. For strategy games, RTS and TBS are my pick.

"In either case I enjoy both styles as long as they are well done" Makes alot of sense to me. A very logical reply, TSPhoenix :)

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Above all, I appreciate the storyline. Battle system is no. 2. That's why I'm still an adherer of FF series, despite how poor the battle system is.
However, if I were to choose, I like active/open battle system, just like Star Ocean series! And battle system in Legend of Dragoon is nice too!

well i like the open cuz it gives you more freedom on what you can do nad a better chance at improviseing your own statements

I like the 2d Fighting game battle.

DarkAngel-Yoshi

~An angel of darkness.~

I play two games nowadays..
Starcraft, and Super Smash Brothers Melee for the GameCube.
SSBM is a sorta 2D battlefield and I like that game for that.
Starcraft is a techincal 2D but it's made to feel like a 3D an fucntion like one too.
That's my imput on this.

I am an dark angel. One day, I may have to come for you, and claim your soul from this cruel world, and send it to the next.

Help me! If you have an avatar from the series Shuffle!, plz PM or email me! Thanks in advance for avatars or links!
Also, avatars of anime angels would be nice too! Thanks again in advance for you help!

I love them both, but open combat truly helps to unlock one's inner warrior. Dante just wouldn't be as much fun if it were only an "ATTACK" command like a traditional RPG

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.